Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for hanging up on my homeless brother?

Just wow.

Hmmmm

On one hand, he was abused and homeless and he's sixteen and also my brother and he could take the couch

On the other, "kids" like my sixteen-year-old brother are slightly inconvenient to live with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

Khanstant posted:

People get weirdly hostile to the suggestion that kids be taught a non-verbal language in school, for all the, what I assumed would be obvious, benefits. The loudest response are usually people arguing there aren't enough deaf people to even consider trying to spend money teaching kids to talk to them. First of all, suggestion has nothing to do with talking to deaf people and everything to do with the fact that it would be useful to communicate with other people non-verbally. gently caress, just being able to sign a drink order at a bartender at a concert would be a blessing. But no, can never suggest improving education, especially not if it might inadvertently improve the world for someone else for even a moment.

I appreciate that my husband's high school offered ASL as foreign language credit. His HS best friend has used it as a bartender/server with deaf customers, and it just seems really lovely to be able to go to a place as a deaf person and the bartender can at least (in his rusty high school ASL) understand "another, please" or "no thanks." My high school only offered Spanish, French, and Latin, and the second two aren't super useful in the US

I'm learning Spanish on an app, and not only has my eavesdropping gotten MUCH better, but I've managed to have a few conversations with folks that I'm sure made no difference to them but just really made my week.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Foo Diddley posted:

it seems like the good dads are a bit rarer than the good moms ITT, but i'm not sure if i'm being objective here

anyway, gently caress it; protect your kids whoever you are

It’s hard to say given whatever factors that might affect who would post about this stuff on the internet. When you go to more extreme examples of mistreatment by a parent’s new partner, it is extremely common for moms to allow someone to abuse their kid and just sit by and let it happen. My mother worked in a medical clinic that put her in contact with victims of pretty horrific abuse that left them with lasting signs that she would then need to report. It was nearly always “mom’s boyfriend” because the kid was “acting up” or “wouldn’t stop crying.”

It is probably far more common in general for people to either be the type of person who wouldn’t be with someone who mistreats their kid in the first place, or to be the type of person who is willing to let it happen.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for not buying clothes for my mother and leaving her at the store?

quote:

So my (18F) mother (33F) has a huge love for shopping. Her closet is a burst of colors and it’s cute but it’s also troubling. Atleast once a month, she’ll call me at the store and ask me to come and give her money. I’d say no but it’s literally after she gave her stuff to the cashier and they ring up the cost. She doesn’t bring money to the store. She’d wait in the front of the line or keep calling me until I come with the money for her. Either that or she stays in the back of the line. Anyway, she’ll blow up my phone

I used to ignore her but one day she pulled this poo poo while I was at class and the police got involved. Not security, the police (made a scene as usual then proceeded to leave saying her daughter aka me will pay) I had to get leave and save her rear end by paying. It’s loving annoying and I really don’t want any her getting in trouble with the police again. And it caused a lot of tension in the house when she got back

I didn’t mind paying after that because her totals are like 40ish. But TODAY when she called me, her total was a fat 300 bucks. She was at the front when I just entered, She called me over to pay and the cashier said 306. I told her to put the clothes back because that’s ridiculous. She started a scene and I just left the store because I wasn’t in the mood to deal with that. She came home mad obviously calling me hurtful things

I’m a college student who relies on my part time job. I have the money but not that much money. AITA for not paying for her clothes and walking out?

Edit- I’ve never seen her wear these clothes before. Not one. It’s always fancy dresses that no one is allowed to touch

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

artsy fartsy posted:

Is the mom actually the daughter :psyduck:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for forcing out a fart to get my mom to stop asking my girlfriend invasive questions infront of the whole family?

quote:

I know what it sounds like but I swear it's a desperate situation.

So I (23M) have been with my girlfriend (22F) for 7 months. She has a visible scar on her neck and she hates to be asked about it and hates to tell.the story behind it (believe it or not I don't have the story yet but I'm waiting til she's comfortable to share) She met my family several times and of course...mom and aunts askee her about her scar...like 3-4 times in just a couple of hours, then on dinner, then during movie time. etc It got bothersome and my girlfriend would look uncomfortable and I could just tell that the question itself brings her sadness. I told my mom to stop asking such invasive questions about the scar and every time she'd say "okay, won't ask I promise" but then she would turn around and do it again.

On mother's day my girlfriend and I attended dinner at mom's. We where sitting in the living room and my mom goes to ask my girlfriend about the scar again, this time with a bigger audience because the whole family was there. My girlfriend said she'd rather not talk but mom kept cornering her and kept asking her in yes/no form. I was sitting next to mom and forced a loud fart in an attempt to take pressure and attention away from my girlfriend and get mom to switch her focus to something else. I was like "woohps" and the family started laughing. mom turned to me and gave me a nasty stare. it got awkward ngl but I was desperate and couldn't really yell at mom to stop and start a fight on mother's day so I thought of this instead of making a scene.

She pulled me into the kitchen and scolded me for what I did after I admitted that I did it intentially. She called me childish and said that if I didn't want her to bring up my girlfriend's scar then I should've said but I did!!!! I swear like a 100 times. Anyways My girlfriend and I left and my girlfriend couldn't stop laughing in the car. Unfortunately dad was upset too saying I behaved poorly and childishly infront of the extended family and told me to grow up.

AITA?

colour me impressed

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

artsy fartsy posted:

Mom had the kid when the mom was 15 :stonk:

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Mx. posted:

sometimes it's about not jeopardizing the beans

It’s always about not jeapordizing the beans you fool!

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not going to my sister's 30th birthday dinner because they didn't invite my girlfriend

quote:

Things between my girlfriend Paige( who is 24, as am I) and my family are very sour and have been for the 7 months we've dated. They don't like her, she doesn't like them. My mom isn't one to hide her feelings, neither is my sister, nor is Paige so, getting them all together is like entering a mine field thats just all mines. They think Paige is a stuck up, image obsessed, spoiled, rich girl who never accomplished anything. To be fair, there are times where my girlfriend has said stuff that comes off tone deaf, but, I explain after the fact what the issue was.

Paige thinks my mom is bitter about peaking in high school as she called it, and theorizes that my sister is angry she'll never marry and will end up alone and takes that animosity out on her. These are all shots they've fired amongst themselves. When I've tried to step in and make peace, I'm told to stay out of it, be quiet, all of that. That being said, everyone actively wants me to side with them. My mom & sister of course want me on their side and say I'm betraying family if I side with Paige who says I need to side with her because we're in love and that my mom and my sister want to see me miserable

It was my sister's 30th birthday last weekend and I got a call earlier in the week from my mom asking me to join them & a few others at this birthday dinner. I asked if Paige was invited, if for no other reason but to bury this hostility. My mom said that she definitely wasn't invited. It seemed like they made making sure she wasn't invited their top priority. I said I didn't want to be at something that my girlfriend was seemingly banned from, so, I didn't go. I got calls and texts from mom & sister telling me how angry they were/still are that I ruined her day. Paige told me I did the right thing and said that they need to learn that we aren't going to play their game.

AITA?

When asked about the "tone-deaf" questions.....

OP posted:

She asks my mom why she doesn't buy " nice waters" instead of water from the faucet, and asks my sister why she doesn't buy nicer brands of clothes. I pull her to the side and tell her why what she says comes off rude, she apologizes to me and we try to move on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for not going to my sister's 30th birthday dinner because they didn't invite my girlfriend

Solid work on Paige's end for only being seven months in, gotta respect that effort

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

AITA for not attending a dinner my sister's throwing for Mother's Day?

quote:

My wife and I suffer from fertility issues. We've had only two successful pregnancies, resulting in a boy and a girl. Our son was stillborn and our daughter died at two months. Although our children are no longer with us, I still consider us to be parents.

My sister plans to take the mothers in our family to a spa on Mother's Day then have a dinner afterwards. My wife and I were invited to the dinner, but she did not invite my wife to the spa trip. She told me privately it was because the trip was specifically for mothers with living children as they rarely get a break or time for themselves. But she bought a gift for my wife and will give it to her at the dinner.

I had some mixed feelings about it and eventually talked it over with my wife and we decided just to skip the dinner. I really don't think it's fair not to invite my wife. My mom, grandmas, and aunts, who she is taking, don't have any children at home, so they have as much free time as the rest of us. I think if she went by her own logic, only her, our other sister, and our cousins would be attending the spa. She has good intentions with the gift, but it seems like she's specifically excluding my wife.

We visited my mother today instead and I mentioned that we wouldn't be at the dinner. She asked why and I explained. She didn't know my sister hadn't invited my wife and thought it was wrong too. My sister called me later, claiming I was trying to portray her as a bad person and accused my wife of being self-centered and making everything about her. I refused to argue and hung up, but I wonder if I did the right thing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

"accused my wife of being self-centered and making everything about her"

Easy way to avoid that is to not single them out

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mx. posted:

AITA for forcing out a fart to get my mom to stop asking my girlfriend invasive questions infront of the whole family?

colour me impressed

This OP is destined for greatness.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

she does not have good intentions with the gift

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Good god at the redditor WELL TECHNICALLYing her state of motherhood :psyboom:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mx. posted:

AITA for accidentally wearing white to a wedding?

any event could secretly be a wedding, watch your poo poo

AITA for wearing all white to my best friend’s wedding? And refusing to apologize

quote:

My (30F) best friend (32F) invited us (husband and I) to go on vacation with them at S padre island. She told me to bring the dress I wore to my last annivarsary dinner for the special dinner/event she planned during the vacation. I said sure.

I also recently gave birth, and that dress is an elegant black lace over nude dress that is very classy but also form fitting. When i tried it on when packing, i realize it wasn’t as flattering and my boobs had a hard time fitting. So instead i packed a cute semi formal white lace dress instead. I figured it was close enough.

I arrived to the event and found out it was a surprise wedding where she only invited like 20 guests on the beach. She hadn’t told me it was her wedding because of an inside joke. (I kept telling them to get married and watch they will elope and next thing we know they are married).

She was horrified, and so was i. I didn’t bring any other dress plus there was no time to change/buy new dress. Also surprise! I’m the MOH. I offered to either not be the MOH, or leave the Wedding, but she rathered me not.

Later she blamed me for ruining her wedding because I didn’t follow her instructions to wear a specific dress and didn’t tell her about changing my mind. I said I’m sorry her wedding was ruined but it wasn’t my fault and she should have told me it was her wedding, and at the time of packing, I didn’t find it appropriate to get her approval on my outfit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

It makes more sense if you assume the intelligence of these people is basically equivalent to a dog. if you leave a bowl of chocolate on the floor and a dog mindlessly wolfs it down and dies it's sort of your fault. in much the same way you're responsible for making sure your dumb as a dog coworker does not mindlessly stick his face into whatever you're trying to eat.

no it makes no sense and would turn most of human society on its head if we follow through to its logical conclusion but it makes sense to the dog. if the dog happens to be in a position of authority you're boned.

Was a serial food thief who came up a while back who when cornered eventually turned out to have been raised with no concept of boundaries with food, and had to be patiently taught the whole concept that people in the real world actually respect other people's property and don't snatch food out of each others' hands.

Also the whole weirdly aggressive social aspects of weddings came up enough with nosy aunts playing Pregnancy Gestapo, but surprise weddings? Decorum is a horrible trap.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Evil Willow posted:

The comments are furtherly illuminating.

quote:

Aside from the way she looks, what “great” qualities does she have? Being a rude, selfish, snobby bully makes it really hard for me to imagine she has any real redeeming qualities.

OP posted:

When she's around me, unless she's mad at me, we have a blast together and in those times she's fun, sweet, and loving.

quote:

Oh, so she's fun, sweet and loving as long as everything is going her way? What happens when she gets mad at you?

OP posted:

pouting, silent treatments, ghosting for a few days.

And:

quote:

How often is she getting mad at you in a 7 month relationship? You haven’t even left the honeymoon period yet

OP posted:

every once in awhile, when she thinks I'm being harsh.

quote:

Would "being harsh" include standing up for yourself and your family? Have you now programmed yourself to stop "being harsh" to avoid her tantrums?

OP posted:

I've basically learned which buzzwords will set her off

quote:

So you walk on eggshells? And what buzzwords "set her off"?

OP posted:

spoiled, entitled, pampered, self centered

To sum up: Abort! Aboooooooooort!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

also I should actually post some content

AITA for donating candy that I got from dumpster diving to my child's classroom?

quote:

Throwaway because I don't want anyone to find my real account.

This may sound bad but hear me out first.

Dumpster diving is legal in my state, and I've been doing it as a hobby for a few years. You would never believe how much perfectly good product stores throw away for no good reason. It's so wasteful, but I try to make the best of it. I find everything from food to beauty products, clothes, toys, and pet supplies. I obviously don't need all of this stuff. So, what I tend to do is sanitize it all, check for any recalls or expiration dates depending on the products, and donate it to different causes in my area (I'm always fully transparent of where it came from when I donate).

So I was out doing my thing the other week, and I found a lot of candy. It was all in fully sealed bags with the pieces of candy inside individually wrapped as well (think like Halloween candy). It was perfectly good candy - not expired or anything like that. What likely happened was that someone bought it all and then returned it for whatever reason. Lots of stores just throw returns away due to a particular virus going around. And it ended up in the dumpster, where I took it.

I have twin sons in elementary school, and I'm friends with their teacher. I told her about how I found the candy and offered to give it to her for the classroom, which she gladly accepted. I sanitized the outside of the bags and everything before handing them over.

She talked to another teacher about this, who thought it was utterly disgusting. Some other parents heard about it as well, and got really pissed. My friend didn't get repremanded, but she's getting lots of angry emails from parents. I'm getting backlash too, and people are telling me that I'm an rear end in a top hat and horribly disgusting for donating "dumpster trash" to a classroom in this way.

I can kind of see both sides. On one hand, I can understand why some people would think it's disgusting if they've never seen my process before. On the other hand, I think that it's uncalled for people to come after me and my friend just because they don't understand truly what I do and how clean I am with everything. AITA?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Quackles posted:

She has to be an unbelievable smoke show to stick around.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
You're all so wrong about the acid vat. That's a horrible idea. Why would you do that?

What you want is a vat full of piranha solution.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Captain Hygiene posted:

Good god at the redditor WELL TECHNICALLYing her state of motherhood :psyboom:

eh, if you are at an all day event with people with a common interest you probably going to want to talk about the common interest everyone has. Is it really going to be a good relaxing day talking about (amongst other things) how kids behave, how silly little ones are, their first words, old stories of hijinx and challenges when it is quite possible it would be a social faux pas to reminisce living kids around a someone that has only experienced miscarriages?

They probably don't want to have an entire day where they would feel awkward to mention their living children at a family day (say as opposed to a race meet or show jumping where you can talk cars or horses all day).

VVVV ahh ok, yeah that's different VVVVV

Electric Wrigglies fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 10, 2022

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

I think Captain Hygiene was referring to the rear end in a top hat who didn't get his wife anything for Mother's Day because her 7-year-old died a few months ago and he was like, "Well, TECHNICALLY you're not a mother anymore, so . . . "

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

vortmax posted:

You're all so wrong about the acid vat. That's a horrible idea. Why would you do that?

Is this something that you could bottle and apply an effective amount without the hassle of lugging a whole vat around? This could be a real time-saver for people in this thread!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

vortmax posted:

quote:

Piranha solution, also known as piranha etch, is a mixture of sulfuric acid (H2SO4) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)

So an acid vat then....

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for asking my friend’s boyfriend to buy me tampons?

quote:

A few days ago, I (20F) started my period and I completely forgot to buy more tampons after my last period so I only had a couple left and I was also on a tight schedule so I didn’t have much free time to run to the store.

I remembered that my friend’s (20F) boyfriend (20M) said he was going to Walmart later in a group chat so I thought I could text him and ask if he can buy me a box of tampons and drop it off at my place since we live nearby each other. He was like “yeah no problem” and so I sent him a pic of the specific ones I wanted. When he dropped them off I said I would venmo him the money and he said to not worry about it and that I didn’t need to pay. Very casual exchange, nothing crazy, I carried on with my day.

Fast forward a few hours later I’m getting texts from my friend and she was pissed at me and she was asking why did I make her boyfriend buy me tampons and that it’s weird that I’m secretly trying to see him. She said that she would’ve been fine if it was anything else that I asked him to get me, but tampons are intimate products for women so it’s something you get for your girlfriend only. She said I should’ve told her that I asked him but I really didn’t think I needed to ask her for permission. I didn’t even invite him inside and it was a quick exchange.

I told her it wasn’t a big deal but that obviously wasn’t what I should’ve said because she called me a whore for trying to get with two guys at once. I’ve been seeing this other guy and I’m not interested in her boyfriend or anyone else and I’m pissed that she would accuse me of that. I don’t have too much experience with dating, as I said in my other AITA post (also about another couple LOL), so maybe I just don’t understand serious relationships and that I might’ve crossed some boundaries.

AITA or am I just surrounded by weird couples?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Motronic posted:

The best way to piss off posters who talk about their "LDR" is to ask them to define it: you live an hour apart and see each other most weekends? Nope, never that one.

It was mine - well, more like 3 hours by train, and we've been married six years now. But then I've never posted on r/relationships, to be fair.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
If it wasn’t for an LDR with a goon, I’d have never become a Swedish citizen. We’re friends now, but I say if you can handle it, go for it. Despite the ending it was absolutely worth it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Quackles posted:

I like how she gets furious when a anybody uses words to describe her behavior.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

WIBTA if I failed my student because she speaks with different dialect than I teach (language degree)?

quote:

We are having exams coming up and I have a huge moral dilemma. I am a lecturer at a university and one of the subjects I teach is related to phonology and pronunciation. We teach our students Castillan Spanish.

This year, I have a first year student who refuses to follow pronunciation that is being taught. She (Ava, obviously a fake name) uses a different dialect, very distinct one with a lot of very different sounds, aspirated consonant, etc. However, the dialect is very much understandable, and she uses correct grammar, etc. Admittedly, she has excellent pronunciation, much better than we would expect from our 3rd year students but it’s not something we teach. I have asked her before to try and adhere to the pronunciation guide we teach them but she said that she learned it watching TV and picked up the accent that way and it comes naturally to her and if she tried to change it, she wouldn’t be nearly as fluent in her speech as she is now.

Technically, she isn’t doing anything wrong by using a different dialect, she’s very good at it and she’s one of our top students but I don’t think we should make exceptions as other students, who are not as good, will then expect the same leeway. Especially that I believe that her stubbornness and refusal to even try is disrespectful to lecturers and may come across as if she’s feeling that she’s better than others and rules don’t apply to her. Buuut, course requirements don’t have specific dialect listed.

We have oral exams coming up soon and I am considering failing her if she doesn’t use dialect that is taught. I spoke to my colleagues and some of them agree with me but others have said that IWBTA because she’s not making mistakes and shouldn’t be failed for the way she speaks especially that this is how a language is used natively in some countries.. But we fail students if they speak with really bad pronunciation so I don’t see why I shouldn’t fail her for speaking with different one. So WIBTA if I failed her?

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Funktastic posted:

WIBTA if I failed my student because she speaks with different dialect than I teach (language degree)?

Yeah you are excellent but because I hate the people where your dialect is from, I gotta fail you sorry this is the way it is.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

therobit posted:

It’s hard to say given whatever factors that might affect who would post about this stuff on the internet. When you go to more extreme examples of mistreatment by a parent’s new partner, it is extremely common for moms to allow someone to abuse their kid and just sit by and let it happen. My mother worked in a medical clinic that put her in contact with victims of pretty horrific abuse that left them with lasting signs that she would then need to report. It was nearly always “mom’s boyfriend” because the kid was “acting up” or “wouldn’t stop crying.”

It is probably far more common in general for people to either be the type of person who wouldn’t be with someone who mistreats their kid in the first place, or to be the type of person who is willing to let it happen.

It's because men know that single mothers are usually looking for a father figure and tend to want to settle down more quickly and likely miss red flags. They'll also be more reluctant to end the relationship because they don't want to upend the kid's life again. The only problem is that the kid exists in the first place.

vortmax posted:

That's literally an acid vat you fool.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mx. posted:

How are there so many people that don't seem to understand what tampons actually are or how they work, even women? We can't go more than a few days without someone reacting like it's a box of dildos.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019

Mx. posted:

I expected this to be the bf going ewwww no but no the twist is he was just a normal person about it and the gf is freaked out about him buying hygiene products for someone else. Also thinking that asking someone to buy tampons... is flirting?? :confused:

I don't know what the hell she thinks her tampons are for but they sure as hell aren't sexy for everyone else

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How are there so many people that don't seem to understand what tampons actually are or how they work, even women? We can't go more than a few days without someone reacting like it's a box of dildos.

American sex ed sucks and a lot of parents aren't up to covering for them

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's also the toxic masculinity aspect. Boys are constantly asked if they're wearing a tampon or pad or if they're on their period when they don't want to bully the gay kid or throw rocks at cars or play chicken on the railroad tracks.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
It's because she feels that taking care of someone's intimate needs is something a partner does, not a casual friend. People have varying levels of how intimate they consider something like menstruation, and some people feel it's a normal everyday thing and some people feel like taking care of that for someone is sort of like taking care of them when they're sick - an indicator of intimacy.

I understand there's some doozies in the thread sometimes, but that doesn't mean we need to be totally shocked by fairly run-of-the-mill awkward human behavior about private bodily functions and the shifting boundaries that exist regarding those.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Funktastic posted:

This reminds me of how my first Spanish teacher was from Mexico and my second was from Spain, and then I finished up highschool with the one from Mexico again and now I have no idea when I'm saying anything right

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I'm honestly kinda shocked at how no one is flinching at 'someone was at the store so I sent him on a task for me' bc to me that's actually what's most insane IMO. Who hears that an acquaintance is shopping and thinks 'ok cool now they can do a chore for ME'

but then I have a partner who is my family who does these things so I probably take that for granted, to me that's something I ask my partner not some random friend out at a store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Chocolate Bunny posted:

I expected this to be the bf going ewwww no but no the twist is he was just a normal person about it and the gf is freaked out about him buying hygiene products for someone else. Also thinking that asking someone to buy tampons... is flirting?? :confused:

I don't know what the hell she thinks her tampons are for but they sure as hell aren't sexy for everyone else

"Th-thank you for buying my tampons, step-brother! Now I need some help putting them in!" ;-* is probably an entire porn genre...