Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oneiros posted:

and 50 rpr feels like baby's first mmo job here you go kiddo 1-2-3 good job!

If I can survive pre-50 DRK I can survive anything. There's nothing quite like doing an entire dungeon while pressing only a single button outside of boss fights. :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

So is using a Cactpot solver cheating?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kazy posted:

So is using a Cactpot solver cheating?

I had no idea this was a thing, thank you for your service

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

All it's really doing is calculating the best possible moves based on what you've uncovered, and you can do that in your head/on a piece of paper if you want to. It's not like it's adjusting the position of the numbers.

Semi-related, I am convinced that jumbo cactpot is bullshit. Even picking a different last number on all three tickets, I've never gotten more than a consolation prize since I started doing it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Someone please start posting plates before I wake up to 200+ posts about parsers
Here's mine; you've probably seen it before because it turns out all MCH's collectively have a single braincell that we have to timeshare:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bloody Pom posted:

All it's really doing is calculating the best possible moves based on what you've uncovered, and you can do that in your head/on a piece of paper if you want to. It's not like it's adjusting the position of the numbers.

Semi-related, I am convinced that jumbo cactpot is bullshit. Even picking a different last number on all three tickets, I've never gotten more than a consolation prize since I started doing it.

I mean... it's the lottery

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bloody Pom posted:

I just got the achievement for winning 1,000,000 MGP from Mini Cactpot and I've only seen 4th place once.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Speaking of DRK, here's the glam I threw together for it. Weapon is going to be the oni club but I'm too lazy to PvP right now.

Let us pick our idle stance Yoshi-P.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just Crystal DC Things

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Chillgamesh posted:

Just Crystal DC Things

:perfect:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’ve kinda wondered: is it possible for a Retainer to come back with a unique item you already have in your inventory? I know it’d be a stupidly low chance because of how vast the loot pool is, but hey, I’m curious.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Regalingualius posted:

I’ve kinda wondered: is it possible for a Retainer to come back with a unique item you already have in your inventory? I know it’d be a stupidly low chance because of how vast the loot pool is, but hey, I’m curious.

I don't think retainers come back with unique items. All the rare stuff is stackable (Minions, Retainer Coffers, Alpha Plushies, Boko Boko statues)

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Fiye posted:

I don't think retainers come back with unique items. All the rare stuff is stackable (Minions, Retainer Coffers, Alpha Plushies, Boko Boko statues)

They can come back with tomestone gear that's unique.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

looking forward to the sternly worded letter yoship is personally gonna send me over this UI modification stuff

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
if the ui mods make yoship not do mechanics where a slightly different glow means in or out again i'm all for it. I don't mind fights where the telegraphs are hidden or different or weird but don't do colors on me

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Impermanent posted:

if the ui mods make yoship not do mechanics where a slightly different glow means in or out again i'm all for it. I don't mind fights where the telegraphs are hidden or different or weird but don't do colors on me

Every time I queue into Zurvan I start sweating as I try to remember if I need to match the elements or go opposite.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Impermanent posted:

Come to think of it, does FF14 even have a colorblind mode?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

anyway people are getting publicly executed for having plugins on-stream so uhhhhh maybe don't use those if you stream/upload vods or something lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyMotionlessDonutPermaSmug-M6l1qTK47WZ9amEj

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

it has the 3 common filters but they leave a lot to be desired (especially in some raid scenarios where the visual language relies too much on color differences)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bloody Pom posted:

Yep. There's colour filtering options in the System - Accessibility Settings.

I can't comment on how well they work.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

aers posted:

it has the 3 common filters but they leave a lot to be desired (especially in some raid scenarios where the visual language relies too much on color differences)

iirc we've got a goon who unsatisfied with the built-in options and was using gshade to make a custom filter suited for their own colorblindness along with some texture mods for things like aoe puddles to make them stand out better. made for some trippy screenshots :catdrugs:

also jackasses reporting streamers for mods is poo poo and really exposes how garbage s-e's policy on this stuff is

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 10, 2022

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I was always surprised by people openly using mods on stream. If the token gesture out of all this is slapping down a few people doing that to make an example I guess everyone can be reasonably happy and call it a day

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Vitamean posted:

anyway people are getting publicly executed for having plugins on-stream so uhhhhh maybe don't use those if you stream/upload vods or something lol

All this guy has from what I can tell is death recap, peeping tom and a fight timer? Seems like an excessive response. Wonder how long it'll take for streamers to recognize GM/narc accounts and ban them :v:

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Vitamean posted:

Oh poo poo. They going after everyone or just the people with a decent number of views?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bloody Pom posted:

All this guy has from what I can tell is death recap, peeping tom and a fight timer? Seems like an excessive response. Wonder how long it'll take for streamers to recognize GM accounts and ban them :v:

You can't ban someone from watching a stream.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

basically markers really need to be designed like the playstation ones in ultimate, with a different shape and a different color, instead of just being two glowing orbs of different colors, because there's only so much you can do if you actually cannot tell two markers apart.

i know some people had trouble with the fire/wind markers in p4s p2 act 2. they do apparently have a visual difference outside the color but if you can see the color its super easy.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You can't ban someone from watching a stream.

Seems like a flawed design imo

vvv I'm not a streamer (except in private Discords) but this is some unbelievably petty poo poo.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm assuming they're going after people who're reported. Chances are there's dudes out there reporting anyone they see to defend square-enix's honor or whatever

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Vitamean posted:

I'm assuming they're going after people who're reported. Chances are there's dudes out there reporting anyone they see to defend square-enix's honor or whatever

That was partly why I always felt like streaming with mods was questionable, surely there would be someone out there who e hates you enough to report it with the best proof imaginable. I guess not ignoring those reports anymore is as good a mechanism as any

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

Vitamean posted:

Or you're looking to give someone you hate with all your might an excuse to take a forced 9 day vacation.

Hunt community gonna be having a lot of fun with this.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bloody Pom posted:

Seems like a flawed design imo

How would they even enforce it on twitch or youtube-like services? It's a huge number of anonymous viewers, and the rest are free email accounts. Not like you need to swipe your credit card to watch a stream.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

aers posted:

basically markers really need to be designed like the playstation ones in ultimate, with a different shape and a different color, instead of just being two glowing orbs of different colors, because there's only so much you can do if you actually cannot tell two markers apart.

i know some people had trouble with the fire/wind markers in p4s p2 act 2. they do apparently have a visual difference outside the color but if you can see the color its super easy.
I am pretty sure everything in FFXIV since StB that has a color identifier also has a shape identifier. Even if you're literally playing in black and white you can tell where to stand for e.g. the last boss of Vanaspati or Hells' Kier by looking at the shape.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

I am pretty sure everything in FFXIV since StB that has a color identifier also has a shape identifier. Even if you're literally playing in black and white you can tell where to stand for e.g. the last boss of Vanaspati or Hells' Kier by looking at the shape.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vitamean posted:

Wait there's an actual in game jail?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's jail, and then there's super jail if you use a filthy mod to violate the hallowed mini cactpot

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Electric Phantasm posted:

A former FC leader of my group got sent there once because our FC House was named Fort rear end in a top hat. They just got a slap on the wrist and told to change the name but still it was pretty hilarious.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

They even used it for a seasonal event once!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I believe it's also where that one weird cutscene with all the Ascians at the end of ARR is set

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm upset with myself because I can't identify the instance from this picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

lmao at the creator of this clip cutting the end so the very last frame is a jump scare of the GM suddenly appearing.