Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cartoon Man posted:

Love that Samsonov is playing lights out finally but I had already mentally prepared myself for him to get traded this offseason. gently caress me we may have another year of the Sammy/Vanacek train ride. If it looks like Samsonov is staying and I’m Vanacek’s agent? I’m demanding a trade. It does neither of them any good to remain on the same team.

They only seem to have the talent to be a 1A/1B pairing, it's just not totally clear who should be the 1A.

I guess I also don't get who is on the other side of that trade. Both goalies are RFA after this season. And even in the best of circumstances, goalies return peanuts. So either you trade one of them for a bag of pucks and move up Fucale or try and get another reclamation project in return? I just don't see the utility in it.

Continue to pay them nothing for sub-league-average goaltending and use the money elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Samsonov makes big saves look like pure accident. I am not very smart about hockey but I always feel like he moves poorly and really inefficiently.

He also seems to consistently misread plays or make weird decisions.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
He also loses his net constantly. I don't get why the Panthers don't work it behind the net on the PP more to bait him into taking an adventure.

edit: Also it's funny that we're talking about Samsonov, who has a .949 SV% in 2+ games when the Caps had 16 SOG total last night.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 10, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I picked the Pens in 5 half-seriously half-hahayes! but I don't think that series is over. The Rangers have looked really good at times (dominant even). If Shesterkin can get back to somewhere near his regular season form I would expect the Rangers to at least push it to 6.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That is nonsense. Having the ability to take a couple games from a very likely cup contender is absolutely better than getting swept

Do not attempt to understand Kawalimus logic. That path leads to madness, bird watching, and multiple restraining orders by members of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Rangers still have the vezina winner and the Pens have a third stringer so this series could turn on its head at any time. I suspect game 5 will be really hard to win and if the Pens don't win that one all it would take is one bad game 6 to send this to 7.

It's cool to see Sid still has it in the playoffs though

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Simplex posted:

My new favorite is apparently one that Bo Byram dropped in juniors (I'm sure others have as well). "Next year I'm going to be making 925 while you are working 9-to-5."

There’s no way the player towards whom that comment was directed understood it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I haven't bet on sports in about a decade but I'm seriously considering dropping some scratch on the Lightning tonight. I hate to say it but I think Toronto is done after that game 4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sportsnet:
:sickos:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Another Bill posted:

I haven't bet on sports in about a decade but I'm seriously considering dropping some scratch on the Lightning tonight. I hate to say it but I think Toronto is done after that game 4.

You son of a bitch

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Another Bill posted:

Lightning win tonight, Leafs take 6 in overtime, 2-1 (maybe double OT!) and then get destroyed in 7. enjoy your winnings.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
4gp 3-7-10

So Makar had a pretty good series.

I only really saw two of the games, but he pretty much just did what he wanted out there.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

oldskool posted:

Lightning win tonight, Leafs take 6 in overtime, 2-1 (maybe double OT!) and then get destroyed in 7. enjoy your winnings.

Yeah this is the Leafiest outcome.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I just want to say that listening to Steve Levy and A.J. Mleczko call games is physically uncomfortable. They both have serious nails on a chalkboard energy.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
tonight's the night to bet on the leafs so either way you win

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I, too, have been getting into watching the playoffs and would like to be More Into Hockey(tm) in the next season

Now let me just look up how the Devils have been doing the last few years an--...oh no

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

I, too, have been getting into watching the playoffs and would like to be More Into Hockey(tm) in the next season

Now let me just look up how the Devils have been doing the last few years an--...oh no

ok so on the plus side the Devils have been taken over by the stats boys, so there is some hope they'll stop doing all the dumb poo poo that keeps teams in the basement for years and years and start winning games.. Also that Jack Hughes is a franchise player...

looking at the Devils payroll situation it really is as much of a blank canvas as any team in the league, only 3 long term commitments and those are all pretty good players... a highly regarded pool of prospects and young players already on the roster. Lots of upside there.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Devils are the team I'm glad are too dumb to fire Ruff and back a truck up for Trotz because he would have them in contention very quickly I think.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Starsfan posted:

ok so on the plus side the Devils have been taken over by the stats boys, so there is some hope they'll stop doing all the dumb poo poo that keeps teams in the basement for years and years and start winning games.. Also that Jack Hughes is a franchise player...

looking at the Devils payroll situation it really is as much of a blank canvas as any team in the league, only 3 long term commitments and those are all pretty good players... a highly regarded pool of prospects and young players already on the roster. Lots of upside there.

oh nice. sounds like I'm getting in at a decent enough time, then.

I've been to a number of games growing up just living so close to the stadium(s) my whole life and it's always a lot of fun. Hockey's definitely up there as one of the the best live sports experiences for sure.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSqqWyM74Y

Everything you need to know about having hockey opinions can be learned with a pair of skates and this video

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

oh nice. sounds like I'm getting in at a decent enough time, then.

I've been to a number of games growing up just living so close to the stadium(s) my whole life and it's always a lot of fun. Hockey's definitely up there as one of the the best live sports experiences for sure.

I mean, it is a good spot to get in because the worst of the pain that is rebuilding a franchise has already been suffered and this is really the point in time where the upwards potential will start to be realized, but like with any sport it's easy to do a tear down and draft some good prospects - all of the hardest work of building a contender is supplementing that core of players and making the right trades and signings at the right times.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
All four Game 5s are tied... Very interesting

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Well there's only two options. 2-2 or 3-1.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mr. Kite posted:

Well there's only two options. 2-2 or 3-1.

Very interesting

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Yes, it is almost like noone will be eliminated.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars and Flames will just join hands and become one team and advance together

Somehow they will still only score like 2 goals

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I still think it would be cool if the team that won the series got to pick like 3 guys from the losers to join up with them for the rest of the playoffs. why not?

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Shinjobi posted:

The Dalgary Flamestars :hmmyes:

This sounds excellent to me

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Starsfan posted:

I still think it would be cool if the team that won the series got to pick like 3 guys from the losers to join up with them for the rest of the playoffs. why not?

How about the NHL goes one step further and adopts relegation.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

How about the NHL goes one step further and adopts relegation.

They don't want to because USHL travel budgets won't cover trips to Arizona.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kupo! posted:

The Dalgary Flamestars :hmmyes:

This sounds excellent to me

Sounds like a slug name from a 70's anime.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

I went to the playoff game last night and it felt like the biggest waste of money after watching how poorly the stars played. Dunno if you could hear it on the tv, but there was a lot of booing of the home team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattyports/status/1524138523640672256

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

poemdexter posted:

I went to the playoff game last night and it felt like the biggest waste of money after watching how poorly the stars played. Dunno if you could hear it on the tv, but there was a lot of booing of the home team.

the only time I noticed loud audible booing on the tv feed was when they were introducing the Stars before game 3 and they said Rich Bowness's name and had his picture up on the jumbotron lol.. it was quite noticeable

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I’m in Raleigh for work and they won’t let me buy a ticket to the game bc of my credit card zip. I am definitely not a bruins fan and I’m even wearing red :colbert:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
This is extremely lame and the NHL needs to actually regulate this poo poo. Season tickets get first purchase.

Sell your tickets losers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

taco show posted:

I’m in Raleigh for work and they won’t let me buy a ticket to the game bc of my credit card zip. I am definitely not a bruins fan and I’m even wearing red :colbert:

Try the box office directly perhaps? But yeah that’s lame for sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nashville does that too, at least when against regional rivals. It's sad.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Nashville does that too, at least when against regional rivals. It's sad.

The only places I hear doing this are places in the SE US where they worry so much about having their own fans there, but then you just have rinks with empty seats in the playoffs looking exactly like you'd expect them to look in preseason.

But yet the owners are so worried about their bottom line being impacted by empty seats the last two years. But won't sell tickets now? Just doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

taco show posted:

PNC Arena sucks rear end any way