Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
In a different topic, CC is still fairly active which is great. It took me like 3-5 minutes to find a platinum match this morning, but that seems pretty good to me given it's the NA morning and higher ranks.

I also got Diamond 5 this morning :toot:. I spent literally 85-90ish games in Gold, and I think I spent like 15 in Plat at most. Guess things started to click for me. The monk buff in 6.11 helped a lot, too. I think they're really underrated, which is nice because then I don't see many enemy monks :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dragongem posted:

In a different topic, CC is still fairly active which is great. It took me like 3-5 minutes to find a platinum match this morning, but that seems pretty good to me given it's the NA morning and higher ranks.

I also got Diamond 5 this morning :toot:. I spent literally 85-90ish games in Gold, and I think I spent like 15 in Plat at most. Guess things started to click for me. The monk buff in 6.11 helped a lot, too. I think they're really underrated, which is nice because then I don't see many enemy monks :v:

My goal is to be the monk that just sits near a cliff in frontlines and gets two dozen kills by just knocking people off of it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dragongem posted:

I don't see many enemy monks :v:

I want to live in whatever reality you live in. I've been seeing nothing but Monks and Bards lately and it sucks! I hate them both!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean if they wanted to beat Blizzard's speedrun record for torching community goodwill, that's one way to do it.

are you comparing banning someone for using addons after politely asking them not to to blizzard's widespread sexual assault epidemic? Or banning someone for speaking out against human rights abuses in hong kong? Or did blizzard find another way to piss off everyone that would make your post sound remotely normal

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A Moose posted:

are you comparing banning someone for using addons after politely asking them not to to blizzard's widespread sexual assault epidemic? Or banning someone for speaking out against human rights abuses in hong kong? Or did blizzard find another way to piss off everyone that would make your post sound remotely normal

I'm not comparing anything to anything, I'm saying that retroactively banning 80%+ of the people who stream or otherwise create content for FF14 would absolutely torch the company's good will with the community, and possibly faster than Blizzard managed to.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

A Moose posted:

I...I think they just mean Blizzard's habit of never listening to fans about anything. Idk I don't play wow but I used to hear that all the time from my wow friends.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I...I think they just mean Blizzard's habit of never listening to fans about anything. Idk I don't play wow but I used to hear that all the time from my wow friends.

To quote someone at Blizz during a conference: "You all have phones, right?"

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm not comparing anything to anything, I'm saying that retroactively banning 80%+ of the people who stream or otherwise create content for FF14 would absolutely torch the company's good will with the community, and possibly faster than Blizzard managed to.

yeah i guess but like why consider this hypothetical when the original suggestion didn't seem to be serious?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Kyrosiris posted:

I want to live in whatever reality you live in. I've been seeing nothing but Monks and Bards lately and it sucks! I hate them both!

I haven't been tracking but thinking back this week I've been seeing mostly the following in my platinum games (usually gold/plat, but sometimes see some diamonds or silver):

Almost every game: SMN, MCH, DRG
Most of the time: WAR, WHM, BRD, SAM, RDM
Rarely: MNK, SGE, AST, BLM, DNC, NIN
Almost or literally never: SCH, GNB, PLD, DRK, RPR*

*all the reapers are trolling crystal apparently

I definitely feel you on the bards, I don't notice silence nearly as often versus other CCs.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 10, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dragongem posted:

I haven't been tracking but thinking back this week I've been seeing mostly the following in my platinum games (usually gold/plat, but sometimes see some diamonds or silver):

Almost every game: SMN, MCH, DRG
Most of the time: WAR, WHM, BRD, SAM, RDM
Rarely: MNK, SGE, AST, BLM, DNC, NIN
Almost or literally never: SCH, GNB, PLD, DRK, RPR*

*all the reapers are trolling crystal apparently

Huh, maybe it's because I'm in gold but I've seriously never seen as many WAR/WHM/SAM/MNK/BRD games as I have recently and it's exasperating.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Oneiros posted:

there's a twitch clip of him getting yanked out of a duty instance into limsa and then straight into the gm gaol so i guess that's just what happens when the hammer happens to come down while you're busy

I had to find it since you mentioned it
https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintHelpfulSrirachaStoneLightning-nCGBzGA_YWh7dfxI

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
That isn't him.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah that's bagel, not the neverland rdm.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That is the clip of what was described, but it isn't the same person that CJ was talking about getting banned.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
??? i was looking for the bagel clip? read the thing i was replying to

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The whole situation is mind bendingly dumb and counterproductive, but it would be a nice silver lining if pyromancer got banned

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

No Mods No Masters posted:

The whole situation is mind bendingly dumb and counterproductive, but it would be a nice silver lining if pyromancer got banned

Why?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Because he's a wow player and thus the enemy. And he's ~toxic~

Sarcasm, in case that wasn't obvious enough.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

manifesting another wow streamer to talk about is one of the funnier superpowers of this thread

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Like, as far as WoW streamers go Pyromancer appears to actually be super into the story of the game, literally writing down notes as he goes and theorising.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

A Japanese streamer named Hiroro Moon was also 10-day banned for streaming with addons:

https://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/59298870.html

Per Reddit:

quote:

He was streaming with add-ons when SE's announcement dropped and there were multiple posts on 5ch saying things like (paraphrasing) "Hey, let's see if we can get these streamers banned" and "if SE doesn't ban this streamer, I won't believe in what they said about not allowing add-ons," so I'm guessing there was a report brigade. A couple of hours later, the suspension happened.

Square Enix going full scorched earth on anyone who gets reported. Stream with addons visible or audible at your own risk.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I wouldn't shed a tear since he's toxic bully who spends half his stream picking out random people in his chat to poo poo on from his soapbox.

Mad Wack posted:

??? i was looking for the bagel clip? read the thing i was replying to

The person you replies to was saying that the world first raider got banned on stream, so that wasn't the clip.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

10 day ban is a toasted earth at most

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CJ posted:

I wouldn't shed a tear since he's toxic bully who spends half his stream picking out random people in his chat to poo poo on from his soapbox.

The person you replies to was saying that the world first raider got banned on stream, so that wasn't the clip.

The OP was mistaken about which streamer he saw get ganked midstream, because they described the bagel clip which was then posted.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ah, sorry, lost the thread somewhere and thought it was still about bagel

Lord_Magmar posted:

Like, as far as WoW streamers go Pyromancer appears to actually be super into the story of the game, literally writing down notes as he goes and theorising.

he has some anger management issues or, as they say, is a bit "toxic"

tho if i had to deal with twitch chat all day i'd be even more of a misanthropic rear end than i already am too

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a sense of when we're getting the new tribe quests? Really feeling kind of disappointed we don't have them yet.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I only watch people do top end content so thankfully I am safe from the wow streamers

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Is there a sense of when we're getting the new tribe quests? Really feeling kind of disappointed we don't have them yet.

6.15, somewhere between the end of may and the middle of june

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I suspect the popularity of Ultimate is what caused this sadly. It is a lot harder to say you don't support mods when your biggest players are all using them.

And I suspect the biggest problem isn't the mods but that it puts PS4 players at a huge disadvantage for most content and a good chunk of the JP fan base is Playstation.

Not giving a leeway period is dumb but from the post it sounds like the team got a reeming because the big ultimate challenge was basically handicapped for PlayStation players. There is a lot of 'world first was only first because of mods' talk.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect the popularity of Ultimate is what caused this sadly. It is a lot harder to say you don't support mods when your biggest players are all using them.

And I suspect the biggest problem isn't the mods but that it puts PS4 players at a huge disadvantage for most content and a good chunk of the JP fan base is Playstation.

Not giving a leeway period is dumb but from the post it sounds like the team got a reeming because the big ultimate challenge was basically handicapped for PlayStation players. There is a lot of 'world first was only first because of mods' talk.
There's also a set of Forbidden Paid FFXIV add-ons that have features you will never see in Cactbot, like actual bots for grinding, automatically frogging someone as WHM in PvP when they start to cast something, adding AOE markers for effects that are supposed to be invisible (see below), etc. Their use in high end PVP and the Ultimate race was a step beyond what SE had previously tolerated.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mods are cool because now I get to summon Odin, Fenrir, Siren, Alexander, and Diabolos on Summoner and it's incredibly rad as hell.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

There's also a set of Forbidden Paid FFXIV add-ons that have features you will never see in Cactbot, like actual bots for grinding, automatically frogging someone as WHM in PvP when they start to cast something, adding AOE markers for effects that are supposed to be invisible (see below), etc. Their use in high end PVP and the Ultimate race was a step beyond what SE had previously tolerated.

What is actually going on in this gif? It's not being taken inside DRS - the death gate in the arena is missing and the fire and ice circles that are around during the one mechanic that acts like this are gone - so I'm assuming it's not the actual mechanic happening. So... why do people keep saying that it's adding AoE markers for meteors?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm actually glad this happened and drew so much attention to mods.

I never knew there were so many badass ones out there. It's like a new game to me again.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Been working on this for months now and am finally finished. I had to get the tank from the ShB tribe at first, then worked my way backwards. :v:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Gobbeldygook posted:

Who got banned for using that?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
No one. It's mostly being posted with no context to show what third party tools are capable of.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

No one. It's mostly being posted with no context to show what third party tools are capable of.

I feel like the part of the message that says "see below" is a lot of context

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like the part of the message that says "see below" is a lot of context

It wasn't part of DSR, we don't know when it was taken, we don't know who that is.

There's no context, just an example of what third party tools can do.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, I think the argument made is "there's paid poo poo that's a thousand times worse than what SE is popping people for to appease JP chansite neckbeards that never gets actioned".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They don't get actioned because no one is streaming with them visible and getting reported.