Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thetoughestbean posted:

Diaboromon/Armageddemon decks are a popular rogue deck but they can be incredibly expensive because their finisher is a promo card from launch that few people had a chance to obtain.

For Hybrid decks, the answer is “yes”. Hybrids are incredibly powerful at the moment, and while they’ll lose some power as more answers to Tamers get printed they’re still good: the current best is Blue Hybrids focusing on Tommy but stuns are going to get a pretty bug nerf with DNA Digivolving rules (the evolved Digimon is treated as a new Digimon that doesn’t retain the stun effect). Yellow Hybrids are very powerful and are a go-to for grindy strategies.

That Diaboromon has crashed like crazy since it was given out at DigiFest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, there hasn’t been any new info on that 02 movie they announced a while back has there?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The only thing I'm praying for is that for the love of all that is Holydramon, please don't let the people who wrote Tri or DA:LEK do the 02 movie.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

amigolupus posted:

The only thing I'm praying for is that for the love of all that is Holydramon, please don't let the people who wrote Tri or DA:LEK do the 02 movie.

I’m sorry

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

amigolupus posted:

Please be excited for the 02 movie where the moral lesson is that's "Actually its okay to give up on your dreams"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Lotosmon
Mega / Data / Fairy
[When Digivolving] Suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon. That Digimon does not unsuspend during your opponent's next unsuspend phase.
[Opponent's Turn] All of your other Digimon with a trait that contains [Vegetation], [Plant], or [Fairy] gain the following effect;
'[On Deletion] Gain 2 memory and return a Digimon card with DP 3000 or less from your trash to your hand.'

quote:

Gankoomon X-Antibody
Mega | Data | Holy Knight / Royal Knight / X-Antibody
[Digivolve: 1 from [Gankoomon]]

<Blocker>
[When Digivolving] Play 1 Digimon card with [Sistermon] in its name from your hand or trash. Then, if [Gankoomon] is in this Digimon's digivolution cards, or you have a Digimon with [Sistermon] in its name in play, all of your Digimon get +2000 DP, can't be returned to the hand or deck by your opponent's effects, and their DP cannot be reduced until the end of your opponent's turn.

quote:

Sistermon Ceil (note: might also be treated as Sistermon Noir)
Champion | Data | Puppet (note: may also be Virus)

[On play] During your turn, you may digivolve one of your Digimon into a Digimon with [Royal Knight] in its traits from your hand by paying its digivolution cost.
[Your turn] (Once per turn) When your Digimon with [Huckmon] in its name or [Royal Knight] in its traits digivolves, gain 1 memory.

quote:

Jesmon GX
Mega | Data | Holy Knight / Royal Knight / X-Antibody
[Digivolve: 5 from a Lv.6 Digimon with [Royal Knight] in its traits]

[When Digivolving] You may place 1 Digimon card with [Royal Knight] in its traits and a play cost of 13 or less from your hand or trash under this Digimon as a digivolution card to activate that Digimon card's [When Digivolving] effect. Then, <Blitz>.

[All Turns] While this Digimon has a card with [Royal Knights] in its traits in its digivolution cards, it gains <Piercing>, <Blocker>, and <Security Attack +1> for each card.

quote:

Seiken Meppa

While you have a digimon with [Royal Knight] in its traits in play, you can ignore this card's color requirements.

[Main] Unsuspend 1 of your Digimon. Then, if that Digimon is [Jesmon GX], activate 1 of its [When Digivolving] effects.
---
[Security] Add this card to your hand.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like that Lotosmon. Shame her reveal is going to be completely overlooked thanks to Jesmon GX.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

What stands out to me is that the Jesmon etc reveal closes up a bunch of remaining slots in the set and leads to some interesting conclusions…

For instance, Sistermon Ciel existing with the card number she has means that we have now seen all of the Level 6 Purple Digimon, meaning that we aren't getting another Lilithmon, and very possibly not a Mervamon unless she's the last Secret Rare. And if we do get Mervamon it means we aren't getting Bagramon this set because that's literally the last place either of them can be unless one of them is inexplicably White. As a corollary, Jet Mervamon and Darkness Bagramon are right out, they are not going to be in the set at all. No room left.

There's also by my count one more Super Rare left in the set, and rumor has it it's going to be another printing of Omegamon X in the remaining White Digimon slot.

As the last Secret Rare slot? I think there's actually a good chance it might be Lucemon SM like myself and others were speculating. Taking an overview of the set you realize it's explicitly part one Xros Wars where he appeared (and fought the Digimon on the cover). At the same time it could definitely be Mervamon as a nod to the future like King Shoutmon. Or it could just be Bagramon. Either way there's clearly a Xros Wars 2 somewhere in the future…

Also, it's still kind of wild that the set is 93% complete and they STILL haven't previewed to Yu or Nene given the set design is pushing them as extremely important to their respective decks.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I like that Jesmon GX, who still has blades for hands, attacks via ghost punches

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

thetoughestbean posted:

[On play] During your turn, you may digivolve one of your Digimon into a Digimon with [Royal Knight] in its traits from your hand by paying its digivolution cost.

...Does this ability actually do anything? Like is it an "ignore colors" thing or a "Skip Level" thing? Because I was under the impression that you are generally allowed to digivolve your digimon into a digimon card in your hand by paying its cost.

Nodosaur posted:

does anyone else feel like Palmon and Lalamon's evolutions look like they were switched around?

Like the obviously weren't, they're separated by nearly a decade, but like

They LOOK like it

They're functionally interchangeable yeah, between Budmon>Lalamon>Sunflowmon>Lilamon>Lotusmon and Tanemon>Palmon>Togemon>Lilymon>Rosemon. Heck, you can make an argument for Floramon and Blossomon also being freely interchangeable in those lines, if not Kiwimon.

Palmon does look more like Sunflowmon and Lalamon more like Togemon though, if that's what you meant.

thetoughestbean posted:

I like that Jesmon GX, who still has blades for hands, attacks via ghost punches

I think its fiery cape/wings are still made of hands. And its blades are at least, uh, retractable or something.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 10, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The Golux posted:

...Does this ability actually do anything? Like is it an "ignore colors" thing or a "Skip Level" thing? Because I was under the impression that you are generally allowed to digivolve your digimon into a digimon card in your hand by paying its cost.

The effect takes place before your turn ends. So, if you play Sistermon Ciel and go memory negative, you can still do an evolution for the evolution cost, even though normally your turn would be over before you could evolve.

Say you have two memory, and then evolve a level 5 into Gankoomon X. You go to negative two memory, and use Gankoomon X’s ability to play Ciel. Ciel’s effect would let you evolve Jesmon GX, putting you to -7 memory. You resolve GX’s effect, then your turn finally ends

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The Golux posted:

The answer is yes, but it's kind of a tricky thing. For instance, the original Savior Huckmon let you play a Sistermon when it evolves, if you evolve into him and then play this Ciel you can then immediately evolve to Jesmon even if evolving to Savior Huck put you over your memory limit for the turn, and if the Jesmon you evolve into is the new one with Blitz you can then immediately attack. Similarly, both versions of Jesmon let you play Sistermon when attacking meaning that you can attack with Jesmon and then evolve to X or GX (which are both Royal Knights) in the middle of combat, meaning the attack goes through even if it would put your memory into the negatives.

I'm not sure if she's amazing, but she does have effects that complement Jesmon's ultra-aggressive play style.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Please be excited for the 02 movie where the moral lesson is that's "Actually its okay to give up on your dreams"

It was a bold choice to have the day be saved by Ken shooting Wormmon in the head so he could go to work as a good and proper salaryman

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

The effect takes place before your turn ends. So, if you play Sistermon Ciel and go memory negative, you can still do an evolution for the evolution cost, even though normally your turn would be over before you could evolve.

Say you have two memory, and then evolve a level 5 into Gankoomon X. You go to negative two memory, and use Gankoomon X’s ability to play Ciel. Ciel’s effect would let you evolve Jesmon GX, putting you to -7 memory. You resolve GX’s effect, then your turn finally ends

It's even better. If you have the proper setup (and this is some highroll poo poo right here), you can digivolve a level 5 into starter deck Gankoomon, use his effect to play Sistermon Ciel from trash and dedigivolve an opponent's digimon, use Ciel to evolve into Gankoomon X (effectively free with Ciel's memory gain), use his effect to play another Sistermon Ciel, THEN you can go into GX. (For an even higher highroll, put BT6 Gankoomon under GX with its effect to blow up the board, too)

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 10, 2022

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Why are there two different Digimon named Mercurymon?

I was able to deduce that one from Frontier is a reference to the element and the one from Savers is a reference to Hermes, but STILL

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Some Numbers posted:

I was able to deduce that one from Frontier is a reference to the element and the one from Savers is a reference to Hermes, but STILL

I believe they have different spellings in Japanese, and the member of the Olympos XII is Merukimon in the English localization

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

yeah the spirit of steel is Mercuremon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Some Numbers posted:

The Englsih translations for Digimon have been historically bad to terrible and their renames have caused genuine issues over and over again. This is just one example, the Frontier one is Mercuremon in Japanese.

Since the DCB seems to be the topic of the week, the dub's errors show hard there, with a bunch of rules in the English version existing purely to address said issues (stuff like Vritramon and Dorugremon becoming BurningGreymon and DoruGreymon, and Garummon becoming KendoGarurumon, so there's a rule to specifically not count them as Greymon and Garurumon; or how every Sistermon Noir card is also treated as Sistermon Ciel (and they're both Virus and Data) and viceversa, since Noir is not allowed in USA because she looks like a nun)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Sistermon Ciel wasn’t a decision made the dubbers iirc.

I dunno, I find the weird localization to be part of the charm

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

It's going to be very funny if we get the new Ciel as Sistermon Noir.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

This is made even worse by BT10 having an actual Sistermon Ciel.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sistermon Act

Burkion posted:

It was a bold choice to have the day be saved by Ken shooting Wormmon in the head so he could go to work as a good and proper salaryman

*in Paul St. Peter Wormmon voice* Well? Get on with it. DO IT MOTHERFUCK-

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

And once again, the day after I complain we get a relevant card reveal:

https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1524222768258158593

quote:

Amano Yuu
General / Bagra Army
[All Turns] (1/Turn) When a Purple card is placed under this Tamer, Draw 1 and Memory +1.
[Your Turn] (1/Turn) When you play a Lv.4 or higher 'Bagra Army' Digimon, by placing up to 3 Purple Digimon from under your Tamers into that Digimon's evo sources, reduce the Play Cost by 2 for each card placed.
<Security> Play this card at no cost.

Turns out he does just about what you'd expect given the new Tactimon and Blastmon, but notably the Bagra Army lineup looks like they can generate a ridiculous amount of memory out of their source trashing effects so he might be pretty real. Certainly the potential to drop Tactimon for 7, spit out two blockers with Save, and generate memory as your opponent does anything or they die is worth exploring.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Some Numbers posted:

This is made even worse by BT10 having an actual Sistermon Ciel.

Yes that is part of what makes it charming

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Funky Valentine posted:

Sistermon Act

*in Paul St. Peter Wormmon voice* Well? Get on with it. DO IT MOTHERFUCK-
It's so sad that Gennai died of ligma.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Very few people would even care if sistermon noir was in the american releases, its such an artifact to still see desicions like this in this day and age

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

The closest I can get to the replacement of Sistermon Noir making sense to me is if they did it with any future Digimon World titles in mind. Even though it's not on-screen in the newer games I could see "in this game based on a kids' cartoon you can make a nun poop!" being a hypothetical complaint if anyone went out of their way to notice and then enough people bothered to care. It still doesn't feel like a change worth making, especially with the chaos it's caused for the card game, but the actual canon Sistermon Ciel is probably my favourite Sistermon so we did get something out of it at least.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

girl dick energy posted:

It's so sad that Gennai died of ligma.

Who’s Gennai

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Still catching up to ghost game and

YES

YES

HELL FUCKIN YEAH

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Same actor and everything for her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MY only wish is that her husband was also here.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

MY only wish is that her husband was also here.

Didn’t he appear in one of the really early episodes of Ghost Game or am I confusing him with another Digimon?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Larryb posted:

Didn’t he appear in one of the really early episodes of Ghost Game or am I confusing him with another Digimon?

No, Mummymon is a recurring character in Ghost Game. He plays a pretty different role though

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah Ghost Game stealing the format and tone of Cyber Sleuth makes it such a good show. Just need some weirdo adults to report to every after each case.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

thetoughestbean posted:

Who’s Gennai
Ligma balls

[Shirotsume Ichimonji-giri]

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Omnimon X-Antibody
Mega | Vaccine | Holy Warrior/Royal Knight/X Antibody
<Digivolve:3 from [Omnimon]>
When a card with [X-Antibody] in its digivolution cards would digivolve into this card, reduce the digivolution cost by 2.
[When Digivolving] Return all of your opponent's Digimon with the highest level to the bottom of their deck in any order.
[When Digivolving] [When Attacking] (Once per turn) You may return 1 [X-Antibody] or Level 6 Digimon card from this Digimon's digivolution cards to the bottom of your deck to reveal all of your opponent's Security and trash 1 card from amongst them. Return the rest to their security stack face down. Then, your opponent shuffles their security stack.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So if im reading right, an omnimon with agumon x or anything like that would evolve into that for one memory?

Im trash at figuring out power levels but those hoops seem worth jumping thru to me

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

mandatory lesbian posted:

So if im reading right, an omnimon with agumon x or anything like that would evolve into that for one memory?

Im trash at figuring out power levels but those hoops seem worth jumping thru to me

No, it needs the specific card X-Antibody under its sources, in which case it would evolve for one memory.

It’s pretty powerful but not as defensively powerful as the other Omnimon X, which can stop attacks. That said, the best defense is a good offense, and removing your opponent’s Digimon is pretty good.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

It's specifically looking for the X-Antibody option card from BT9, which is generally useful for any deck running X-Antibody Digimon because most of effects which require either the normal version of that Digimon or the X-Antibody card to be in the digivolution sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Also note that as Yet Another Royal Knight with an on Digivolution effect, this plays very well with Jesmon GX.

Actually, this is a good question. Do you only get to pop one of his effects? Or both?