Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Following WIC chat here's the install instructions for third-party multiplayer, and I'd be super down for getting a few games going sometime.

https://www.massgate.org/multiplayer.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Same here.

Also apparently the only two things the US cannot lend to Ukraine are things with nuclear material and merchant ships.

:gritin:

OK let’s start naming crazy stuff we can ship to Ukraine, even if it’s not practical or possible yet, say like a couple of reactivated B-52s complete with ALCMs.

:sherman:

How about the F-22s? Probably the one chance they'd get to see combat.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I am 99% sure that I heard (as in publicized, in newspapers) that Ukranian pilots were being brought to the US for training within a week of the war starting. The rush to get them soviet equipment to bypass training has been running in parallel to training on NATO equipment, not instead of.

Additionally the scale of manpower UAF took on in the first weeks of the war meant that it really wouldn't be that hard to send very significant amounts of people overseas for whatever training was needed.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I know they say the F22 hasn't deployed, but I had to God saw one with my squad over Iraq.

I have no clue if anyone else has them, and there is always the probable that I mis-ID'd a Zoomie, but I built models of that thing. I'm pretty familiar with the shape.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

I know they say the F22 hasn't deployed, but I had to God saw one with my squad over Iraq.

I have no clue if anyone else has them, and there is always the probable that I mis-ID'd a Zoomie, but I built models of that thing. I'm pretty familiar with the shape.

i call bullshit

how did you see an invisible plane huh

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i call bullshit

how did you see an invisible plane huh

You see the pilot inside it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

cruft posted:

Yeah, idiot.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

bulletsponge13 posted:

They've been deployed to Syria, and I'd imagine they were flying out of bases in Iraq.
There's strong rumors that F-117s were also deployed to Syria, doing spook poo poo. Makes sense, as it's still stealthy and who cares if it got shot down, as Russia/China already got their hands on one.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

cruft posted:

That's what I saw!!!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

joat mon posted:

Do the A-10s DU rounds count?

Interesting question. I have no clue.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cruft posted:

It'd be awkward if she ever had to use the relief tube in that thing.

Also where are the goddamned engines?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A Festivus Miracle posted:

World in Conflict was amazing and sadly they just recently killed the official multiplayer online servers forever.

TBH, the game was incredibly ambitious for what it was trying to achieve in 2011 and it saddens me to no end that we won't see something like that again.

they open sourced the server code, let's do this

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Jimmy Smuts posted:

t. Makes sense, as it's still stealthy and who cares if it got shot down, as Russia/China already got their hands on one.

When'd that happen?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

they open sourced the server code, let's do this

Following WIC chat here's the install instructions for third-party multiplayer, and I'd be super down for getting a few games going sometime.

https://www.massgate.org/multiplayer.php

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Arsenic Lupin posted:

When'd that happen?

I'd assume he means the yugoslavia shootdown, though idk if that actually ended up in the hands of the Chinese at any point and I'd be fairly surprised if it did. That said there's a good chance the chinese have the technical specs on it anyways

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Thread title?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It'd be awkward if she ever had to use the relief tube in that thing.

They are invisible.

E: you're right though, it does kinda look like she's doing the potty dance.

cruft fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 10, 2022

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'd assume he means the yugoslavia shootdown, though idk if that actually ended up in the hands of the Chinese at any point and I'd be fairly surprised if it did. That said there's a good chance the chinese have the technical specs on it anyways
Yeah the Yugoslav shootdown; I'm assuming the Chinese got their hands on it or the reverse-engineering that was likely done on it. I'd imagine if Russia didn't supply them with that info, the Chinese would've simply hacked their way into getting it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

In the wings, I think.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CainFortea posted:

Iron Eagle was F-16s.

But the "MiGs" were F-4s.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Maybe they should get those "MiG-28s" and see if they can confuse the Russians (that and Top Gun is on my mind)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm actually kinda anxious to see who the "bad guys" are in Top Gun 2, since the roundels that have been leaked are entirely fictitious, and what nonsense name they call the Su-57.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Lend Lease for Ukraine is now Law.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/legislation/2022/05/09/bill-signed-s-3522/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/kharkiv_warnews/status/1523961131097808896

Cold War Cold Wash

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Finland's one step closer to joining NATO:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/05/10/russia-ukraine-war-news-live-updates/#link-VXWNYOKE2VHTVM6ACYBT2P7T4Y

quote:

Finland’s parliamentary defense committee recommends NATO membership

The Finnish parliament’s defense committee recommended NATO membership Tuesday, taking a key step ahead of the country’s official decision on whether to join the Western military alliance that could come as soon as this week.

The defense committee concluded that Finland’s military alignment with the alliance is the country’s best security strategy, as it would help deter Russia from targeting Finland, Al Jazeera reported.

“Membership in NATO is the best solution for Finland’s security. It strengthens Finland’s national defence capability with the support of the union’s significant military resources,” Petteri Orpo of the National Coalition party, the committee’s chairman and the parliament’s main opposition leader, said in a statement.

Finland’s President Sauli Niinisto is expected to announce on Thursday his stance on joining NATO, which, if favorable, would mean a historical shift in security policy for the traditionally nonaligned Nordic country, and a serious blow to Russia.

The anticipated announcement will probably lead NATO to extend a formal invitation to Finland, paving the way for formal application procedures for the country to become part of the 30-member alliance to begin right away. The process could take up to a year.

Neighboring Sweden is also expected to decide to join NATO in the upcoming days.

This expansion would double NATO’s land border with Russia, increasing the military alliance’s frontier to the far north and around the Baltic Sea — a serious setback for Russian President Vladimir Putin, who has described NATO expansion as a threat to Russian security

Putin cited NATO’s previous expansion in Eastern Europe — and the possibility of Ukraine joining the alliance — among the reasons for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Way to go Vladdy boy!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

MrYenko posted:

Way to go Vladdy boy!

Oh Vladdy boy
The Finns,
The Finns are Joining

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Woodchip posted:

Oh Vladdy boy
The Finns,
The Finns are Joining

From lake to lake
The summer's gone and the snow is falling
Tis you, 'tis you must go Vlad and I must bide

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
For those of you that have been deployed, you know what this means:

https://twitter.com/Guardian_Mario/status/1523959155685527554

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Pepsi submarine warfare when?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Pepsi submarine warfare when?

Please.

The Pepsi Harrier will finally become a real thing :getin:

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I guess we can get another 20 years of service out of that truck.

At least it isn't the Subway truck from Sharana :barf: I don't know what that meat was.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Russia struggling to keep AA alive for more than five minutes and we here shipping out food trucks

It’s like that story about Yeltsin and the grocery store

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Russia struggling to keep AA alive for more than five minutes and we here shipping out food trucks

It’s like that story about Yeltsin and the grocery store

What's hilarious is that I think you can still see Afghanidust on that trailer.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
It's a joke tweet, the pic is from Bagram in 2004.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

A.o.D. posted:

Those guys are wearing DCUs, I'm pretty sure it's an old pic

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
man that BK trailer is a trip back to Kuwait in 2003

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah they’re probably actually getting something like a Charlie’s Subs on the polish border

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I want to believe.

Eason the Fifth posted:

man that BK trailer is a trip back to Kuwait in 2003

We had a BK trailer at Camp Pleso in Croatia back in 95.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

That fact that we can easily deploy such things with impunity, while the Russians are feeding their troops expired garbage, says a lot