Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Which is another extremely recent change, if you ask anyone that was into the Feast pvp mode while it was around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Macaluso posted:

There's a lot of amazing clothing mods too. Now there are also a lot of extremely horny sex mods, and one of the main mods that is required for a lot of outfits is something called Bibo+, which is a body replacement mod. And you can set it to have small clothes or full nude. I get the reasoning behind nude mods, I don't fully understand why so many of the clothing mods require Bibo+ or this other mod "Tight and Firm" (though Bibo+ keeps the body shape the same if you pick the small option.). I'd rather not have to bother going to the effort of installing an entire body mod just to put on all these cool clothes.

My friend is the creator of the Tight and Firm body mod. From what I've heard from his grumblings over the past few years, the normal FF14 poly topology would be such a pain in the rear end to mod for most people, it was easier to create a new body model that was more sustainable. That's why so many mods require use of it. I think it also fixes some issues with seams in the normal model, but don't quote me on that.

(He also just wanted his character to have bigger T&A)

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

ImpAtom posted:

Not giving a leeway period is dumb but from the post it sounds like the team got a reeming because the big ultimate challenge was basically handicapped for PlayStation players. There is a lot of 'world first was only first because of mods' talk.

The rules haven’t changed since October. If you’re breaking the TOS and you are publicly broadcasting that you are breaking the TOS you should probably accept that sooner or later you may get slapped, that it came in the form of GM rudely ending your prog because some brigade decided to specifically ruin your day doesn’t really matter.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Which is another extremely recent change, if you ask anyone that was into the Feast pvp mode while it was around.

New enforcement on a new mode to keep people interested in the face of match fixing? Yeah no poo poo burn feast to the ground for that poo poo

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Kerrzhe posted:

a custom trigger or a pre-installed cactbot trigger are functionally the same, but i see your point. just don't stream it

edit: couldn't they just mute ACT in OBS so it doesn't feed the audio to the stream?

They could probably not feed the audio to the stream in OBS! But gosh people are bad at setting up their streaming stuff. Doing that would have been enough of a pain in the rear end that I bet no one involved thought to do it because of the general lack of TOS enforcement up until now. People got complacent and sloppy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's good for the ToS to be enforced, I think.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

hazardousmouse posted:

New enforcement on a new mode to keep people interested in the face of match fixing? Yeah no poo poo burn feast to the ground for that poo poo

Yeah, I agree. But the thought that ToS enforcement was predictable or consistent in any way prior is laughable. Ban the PvP traders because gently caress 'em, but they could have dragged a few streamers into GM jail without banning them if they wanted to properly get the word out that ui modifications on stream are unacceptable moving forward.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

It goes back even further, doesn't it? Isn't it a fairly (<1 year?) change to their investigation policy that they even consider stuff happening strictly outside the game when looking into a report? Used to be people would get harassed on social media for stuff that happened in game and the GMs would just shrug and move on.

Of course now you've got warriors who go 0-7 in a CC match making a burner twitter account to hunt you down and ask why you didn't try harder and cost them their diamond rank up

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah the social media investigation is relatively recent. You're probably right it was about a year or so.

e: Just looked one up - Arthars ate a ban for stream content (harassment) Dec. 2019.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 10, 2022

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I get that their moderation system is entirely built on reporting in lieu of any proactive enforcement. That has its pros and cons which are pretty well known, it usually seems to work well for social oriented ingame stuff specifically. IDK if it is a really good match for going after modding streamers, or PVP win trading for that matter

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Pyromancer having a normal one about the addon crackdown now. I think i agree with his point but he's started screaming at people who disagree with him in chat again.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

cool

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
what is pyromancer saying. i don't want to watch something like that

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Vitamean posted:

manifesting another wow streamer to talk about is one of the funnier superpowers of this thread

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
They have always been willing to enforce rules on streamers. This is just the first time it's really been an issue of mass reports coming in. I suppose you could argue that surely some of the dev team watch streams, but only they know for sure. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't DSR that brought this along but the really blatant and obvious use in Crystalline Conflict that made it extremely apparent how much they can break a player's experience.

Personally, I'm fine with them enforcing it. I only use ACT, specifically for discussions like this, and I doubt I would be hurt much if it went away, too. When people, especially big streamers, use mods like Trigger/Cactpot, that eventually does trickle down into the community believing they are necessary for that same content because most big streamers want to take no responsibility for how their playstyles affect the game. This isn't speculation, either; it's exactly what happened over the years with WoW and most any other game that had something giving players a competitive edge to it.

I'd like to see them add stuff like chat bubbles and more accessibility options, which it does seem like they are looking in to. But for everything else, "Don't talk about mods" is like the first thing you learn when looking at them and streamers became way too comfortable skirting that rule.

Even YoshiP had to say, months ago, "Please don't make this harder on us," and players did exactly that and are now suddenly acting surprised for some reason.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

mikemil828 posted:

that it came in the form of GM rudely ending your prog because some brigade decided to specifically ruin your day doesn’t really matter

It absolutely does matter because it's going to have a chilling effect on streaming in general.

It's also going to start a huge backlash the first time someone gets brigaded over something simple like chat bubbles or portable orchestrion.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The golden rule has always, always been "if you're using third party tools don't get caught"

I think this is just a combination of firmer enforcement of the ToS and people getting sloppy (don't say it)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

It absolutely does matter because it's going to have a chilling effect on streaming in general.

It's also going to start a huge backlash the first time someone gets brigaded over something simple like chat bubbles or portable orchestrion.

Just turn those off when streaming, it's not hard!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess the risk with relying on report brigading to me is the brigades will not be applied equally to everyone, they will be targeted towards people the usual suspects are predisposed to brigading

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Impermanent posted:

what is pyromancer saying. i don't want to watch something like that

I think his position is that using UI mods just makes the game more enjoyable for him and doesn't make the game less fun for console players, and he doesn't like that people made a big deal about it and are getting pleasure from him now having a worse experience.

I think that's what he's trying to say, which i guess i agree with, but it's hard to tell in between him screaming at random people in chat and storming off to pace around his house.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just turn those off when streaming, it's not hard!

which of those 5ch posts calling for brigading people were you

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Once again, it's WoW refugees' fault for this expectation of addon usage. 😔

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

so glad we have CJ keeping us up to date on random wow streamers and whatever they're talking about on 5 chan

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its me. I brigaded all the streamers and Ill do it again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean the honest answer there is 'turn off mods before streaming' which you should have been doing.

It sucks a lot but ths problem with relying on a 'don't draw attention' thing is that if some one draws attention then it fucks it up for everyone.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kyrosiris posted:

a "chilling effect" of people not openly using third party tools on stream because if you don't then you're not getting in trouble? or do you believe GMs are giving people ten day bans entirely due to brigading without checking to see if there's any actual evidence?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

which of those 5ch posts calling for brigading people were you

this one

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Personally, I only stream with the horny mods on. Gotta afford the Jack-O Tifa somehow

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Today I will stream to my thousands of viewers using ToS breaking mods. < --- Clueless

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Axel Serenity posted:

Personally, I only stream with the horny mods on. Gotta afford the Jack-O Tifa somehow

The what?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Axel Serenity posted:

link your onlyfans and/or your adventurer plate

and/or your logs

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Not gonna lie, today is the first time I heard of 5ch

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

A Moose posted:

so glad we have CJ keeping us up to date on random wow streamers and whatever they're talking about on 5 chan

It's better than us killing each other over mods.

It's okay the thread talks about something you don't like from time to time. It involves the community and is pertinent.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's no need to check 5ch directly anyway, the prevailing views will inevitably be summed up in yoshida's posts

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

IMO SE should simply hire the makers of the best add-ons and port their add-ons to console

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The other thing to consider is that if people *need* tools to reliably clear hard content that could suggest it is overturned or poorly balanced. FFXIV needs to be clearable as easily on PS4 as on PC.

If we consider hitting your combo to be part of the challenge then memorizing mechanics and executing them is even more so. Anything that removes that element is impacting the game way more than a one button combo.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Vitamean posted:

link your onlyfans and/or your adventurer plate

and/or your logs

One time at fanfest i saw someone on grindr with “orange parses only”

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm not good at this game so I don't do high end content, but half the people I know who do savages every week are on Playstation. If you want to do that stuff but aren't good enough you should just try to be better imo

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Kyrosiris posted:

Given that this Ultimate in particular was designed to be experienced by the community at large vicariously through world first raiders I don’t think it would be chilled that much by streamers getting punished for being sloppy with production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vitamean posted:

I got accused of using this mod because I got the same drg on the other team over several games and kept pocketing my sage LB for when they went untargetable lol

Does the Thunderdome block Jump before he gets the debuff, or were you placing it well to put the border between allies and his landing point?