Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I haven't seen a good take from Greenwald, incendiary or otherwise, in at least a year. Every time he pops up on my feed he's carrying water for transphobes or white supremacists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr Hootington posted:

Glenn purposely wraps correct takes in incendiary language to piss illiterates off. If you stop and digest what he says they mostly boil down to correct takes.

Pure cope.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
New ep is kind of a snoozer

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Greenwald publishes on a substack I don’t subscribe to and appears on tv shows I don’t watch and tweets on an account I don’t follow and yet I always end up seeing his takes because people won’t shut the gently caress up about him!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

General Dog posted:

I assumed it was the nerdier OC guy due to subject matter not the hunkier one.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I haven't seen a good take from Greenwald, incendiary or otherwise, in at least a year. Every time he pops up on my feed he's carrying water for transphobes or white supremacists.

Seams posted:

Greenwald publishes on a substack I don’t subscribe to and appears on tv shows I don’t watch and tweets on an account I don’t follow and yet I always end up seeing his takes because people won’t shut the gently caress up about him!!
It's true that liberals hate Greenwald because he throws their own hypocrisy back in their faces and doesn't toe the line on supporting the military murder machine, but this doesn't change the fact that he's a whiny little turd who let resentment of liberals turn him into a reactionary turd

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sephyr posted:

Glenn's takes are correct in such a far-removed and reality-divorced fashion they are borderline useless at this point, and I say this as a brazilian who has to thank him for publishing stuff here in Brazil that no one would and just might lead to Bolsonaro finally getting tossed out.

It's like "The US imperialist dogma machine has a great reach and willing enablers!" (With you so far...) followed immediately why "And that is why this reactionary racist billionaire loon is the new FDR!" (wait, what?)

I'm not even paraphrasing that much. Just a couple of days ago he was gushing on Twitter over how Tucker Carlson deeply and genuinely apologized for his"old, bad takes". People rightfully asked when that happened and what he had said. Glenn waved it off and said it had for sure happened, then moved on to ramble about people being mean to crypto because they love banks and want to kiss them on the mouth.

And his take on roe v. Wade might be McArdle-grade idiotic and rules-lawyery. gently caress, can you imagine playing on a tabletop RPG game with him as the DM? "I think it has ever been perfectly clear that the good baron's law against missile weapons also apply to -thrown- weapons, so it is really your fault that he is sentencing you to death, Rethgard! Your protests only make you look bad."

Yep he has stupid takes too! He likes to wrap a simple, reasonable take in utter nonsense to piss off liberals. He also likes to be willfully ignorant and the most credulous man alive. He uses "reading and listening in good faith" in a bad faith way. Truly a master of his craft.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 10, 2022

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

No he's just a petty reactionary people have built a dumb thread cult around

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Glenn Greenwald & Jimmy Dore seem like aggressively evil & malignant people, why would BJG throw her lot in with them? Every time I see those two men come up online it’s next to the absolutely most insipidity toxic takes imaginable

She has lawyer brain so she can talk herself into anything

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Whatever man, this poo poo’s boring who cares

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

General Dog posted:

Whenever the guest is treating it like a typical podcast/interview it's pretty guaranteed to be a dud. Neat that Ryan from the OC is a smart and cool guy, though.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Famethrowa posted:

sounds great based on their homepage. all-star lineup of people who cannot logoff ever

By our powers combined!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

General Dog posted:

When are you people going to get it through your thick loving skulls? Ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape. So if you have one Astro Ape and three Slurp Juices, you can create three new apes.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Halloween Jack posted:

When are you people going to get it through your thick loving skulls? Ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape. So if you have one Astro Ape and three Slurp Juices, you can create three new apes.

Dude this was already insanely dated within 8 hours of that tweet

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I appreciated him leading off by bluntly saying crypto/NFT is all fraud, like we all know this, but any other podcast that goes into it won't frame it that way

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope we get a Midge Decter sendoff episode.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
I like how Matt didnt say poo poo until like 5 mins from the end

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1387993822567665667?lang=en

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Jackie D posted:

I appreciated him leading off by bluntly saying crypto/NFT is all fraud, like we all know this, but any other podcast that goes into it won't frame it that way

I honestly don't understand why people bother to talk about it other than mine salt or laugh at discrete posts. Its exactly what it appears to be. You might as well talk about Amway, it's exactly as complex

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the richest man on the planet isn't doing blatant amway pump-and-dump schemes. i think it's culturally relevant, however stupid. i guess there's not a ton more to say on it, other than the recent selloff

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine if that water had stayed where it was. The white supremacists would surely be defeated

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

some plague rats posted:

Imagine if that water had stayed where it was. The white supremacists would surely be defeated

Not really sure what point you think you're making, or what you think I'm saying for that matter.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Not really sure what point you think you're making, or what you think I'm saying for that matter.

They tried this exact argument in the actual Glenn thread and it's as non sensical there. They seem to be arguing that Glenn's endorsement doesn't make or break the lovely nature and actions of people like Tucker Glenn defends but that raises the question of why he's then defending them in the first place.

The Glenn thread has broken some posters brains. Plague of rats once posted in this thread telling people making fun of Glenn to go to the cspam Glenn thread then went there to ask "Why are all these anti Glenn freaks posting here all of a sudden?" They're just a little pain pig.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Glenn Greenwald went on Chapo once and he makes liberals mad, so we have to defend all the incredibly stupid poo poo he says. Defending racists and transphobes doesn't matter because he's not materially supporting them, but his good tweets, those are praxis.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 10, 2022

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mr. Grinch posted:

I like how Matt didnt say poo poo until like 5 mins from the end

Didn't even know he was there until the 55 minute mark. Stealth podcasting.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

i say swears online posted:

the richest man on the planet isn't doing blatant amway pump-and-dump schemes. i think it's culturally relevant, however stupid. i guess there's not a ton more to say on it, other than the recent selloff

being good at twitter and pumping up stocks is literally how he has become the richest man on the planet

it is pretty much the only thing "driving" the us economy at this point

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I'm not making any kind of point, I'm just being annoying for fun. It's an internet tradition

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018
I liked when the OC guy quoted Churchill to say capitalism is the best system we've got and our bored boys just giggled through it. Honestly they should end the pod, none of their hearts seem in it anymore.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I can't believe they didn't go after a celebrity guest for not being an avowed leftist. They should have stretched the interview out so they could lecture him about the historical accomplishments of China and the Soviet Union.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

They are starfuckers, it is known

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1524121458070327298?s=21&t=4GsmGqyZpJukIjuQKbA-ng

Felix has the worst loving taste, it’s unreal that any of us respect his opinions on anything

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/BoomSardonic/status/1524123787414978560

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1524121458070327298?s=21&t=4GsmGqyZpJukIjuQKbA-ng

Felix has the worst loving taste, it’s unreal that any of us respect his opinions on anything

I believe that is what they call a joke

The last line, I think, is what is known as a "tell"

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Jackie D posted:

I dunno, a bunch of shows I listen to regularly dunk on NFTs and crypto horseshit, and they're all Chapo-adjacent so it's not like they're anything super obscure.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

I liked when the OC guy quoted Churchill to say capitalism is the best system we've got and our bored boys just giggled through it. Honestly they should end the pod, none of their hearts seem in it anymore.

This thread is so instructive about the listening comprehension and context cues of goons

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thread is epic today

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I want more things like the David Cross incident, that was what podcasts are for!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

it's crazy how much he loves Barney yeah

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Girls was in fact a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

This thread is so instructive about the listening comprehension and context cues of goons

yea for context of 'actually listened to the episode' he was super obviously being sarcastic with the quote and they did indeed laugh at their guest's joke. Like, yea I'm sure the hollywood actor isn't a literal active communist but he wasn't loving 'quoting Churchill to defend capitalism'.