Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

this is Fist of the North Star erasure and I wont stand for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Was curious on if anything would be done on Vampire Hunter D and looks like we could have a crapfest that makes 2016 Berserk look like art

quote:

In June 2015, a new CGI animated series tentatively titled Vampire Hunter D: Resurrection was announced, produced by Unified Pictures and Digital Frontier.[8] The series would be produced by Kurt Rauer and Scott McLean, and directed by Yoichi Mori, with Bloodlust director Yoshiaki Kawajiri acting as supervising director and series creator Hideyuki Kikuchi providing editorial supervision. The series was currently in pre-production, and is developed as an hour-long serial drama with the intent of being broadcast on a major American cable network or on-demand provider, with Japanese distribution to follow.[9] As of June 2016 the series is still in pre-production, with plans to begin shipping the project to distributors by the end of the year.[10] Given the abundance of source material, the current plan is to produce as many as seven seasons, without revisiting the source material that was adapted into the first two films.[11] In February 2018 it was announced that the pilot episode would be written by Brandon M. Easton, writer for the Message from Mars comic book series.[5] The first draft of the pilot was completed in October 2018.[12] Pre-production on the series was put on hold in early 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.[13]

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

HerraS posted:

this is Fist of the North Star erasure and I wont stand for it

It's great, but it's no Yokohama Shopping Log.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i think we can all agree about what makes a truly great post-apocalyptic work: “never, ever tell me what caused said apocalypse”

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

TenementFunster posted:

i will never understand how YKK didn’t get an official english release until now, especially when so much dreck got put out in the manga boom ~15 years ago. lack of a readily-identifiable genre? license fee too high? who knows! it’s so drat good tho so i’m absolutely preordering it all!
the concurrent scanlation was enough to suffice until it wasn't and a notable editor for an english-language manga imprint famously said he didn't like the series

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

if you like YKK give Useless Ponko a try

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Does anyone else feel like there's been a general uptick in "wholesome people being cute together" series in the last few years? I mean I'm not complaining I just never noticed it before.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

christmas boots posted:

Does anyone else feel like there's been a general uptick in "wholesome people being cute together" series in the last few years? I mean I'm not complaining I just never noticed it before.

There definitely has been, especially if you stretch the definition of "wholesome." Like, Spy x Family is wholesome imo, but there sure is a lot of murder and high stakes

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

hey guys what're we talkin' 'bout today?

Kit Walker posted:

the definition of "wholesome."

:yikes:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Bro Dad posted:

gently caress you

i've got feelings now

loving gay

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

gently caress you

i've got feelings now

loving gay

Ponko grieving over the dead chick while her programmed blank expression refuses to change is some Bleak poo poo

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

If you like YKK but hate yourself, give Oyasumi Punpun a try

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

If you like YKK but hate yourself, give Oyasumi Punpun a try

i hate how accurate this is

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
punpun made my depression worse than it’d been in like a year back when I read it :cool:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Coaaab posted:

a notable editor for an english-language manga imprint famously said he didn't like the series
wow what a loving dummy. i wonder what other awful poo poo that house licensed instead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/monkeydgoat/status/1524097081639645189?s=20&t=XCETJCnRVGNjxRAvCDYPmg

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
idk seems dope to me

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

TenementFunster posted:

wow what a loving dummy. i wonder what other awful poo poo that house licensed instead
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_(publisher)#Manga

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:wotwot:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

mob psycho 100 s3 comes out in october hooray

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Any sign of Golden Kamuy?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

This JoJo wait is stupid

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Was curious on if anything would be done on Vampire Hunter D and looks like we could have a crapfest that makes 2016 Berserk look like art

We discussed it several pages again when I brought up VHD, but, even though VHD is allegedly more popular in the US than in Japan, I’m still surprised it and Berserk are apparently consigned to only having one good adaptation each, and few adaptations overall. Especially with how much trash gets a million episodes.

They also share the distinction that their best videogame “adaptations” are both made by Fromsoft (Elden Ring even has a character named D who hunts the undead).

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i watched the YKK ova finally and it was delightful

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

it’s kaguya friday!!!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pulcinella posted:

We discussed it several pages again when I brought up VHD, but, even though VHD is allegedly more popular in the US than in Japan, I’m still surprised it and Berserk are apparently consigned to only having one good adaptation each, and few adaptations overall. Especially with how much trash gets a million episodes.

What's also bizarre is Bloodlust has a Japanese dub made after the initial English one with a script that has some key differences, and arguably better ones, but can't be officially released outside of the country due to some licensing poo poo

I'd love to see more D adaptations, it's not like they don't have a ton of material to work from with an entire god drat novel series in tow

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

vampire hunter D rules. Kawajiri is the man.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm actually a bit disappointed we didn't get Vampire Hunter D: American Wasteland, just to see how dumb/weird/batshit it might have been

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Good soup! posted:

I'm actually a bit disappointed we didn't get Vampire Hunter D: American Wasteland, just to see how dumb/weird/batshit it might have been
No More Western Remakes. Not Even Once.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
jesus christ i still cannot believe they made Scarlet Johansson play The Ghost from The Ghost in the Shell. what a dogshit movie with a dogshit, charisma-free lead. she cannot loving act!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

TenementFunster posted:

I still say Girls und Panzer could work great as a live action American movie

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
On the other hand, a franchise being reimagined as a Western can be pretty fun. See also Garo: Vanishing Line.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i'm up to ch 18 in dungeon meshi and man. these people are eating some nasty poo poo

I was on board in concept but some of the things they're eating are truly gross. marcille is right

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Gripweed posted:

I still say Girls und Panzer could work great as a live action American movie
it was called “Fury”

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TenementFunster posted:

it was called “Fury”

No, that was a serious war movie, not a high school sports drama

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

I mean, Bloodlust had that entire scene that was straight out of a western, so it still probably could have worked in a weird way

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

i'm up to ch 18 in dungeon meshi and man. these people are eating some nasty poo poo

I was on board in concept but some of the things they're eating are truly gross. marcille is right

I haven’t caught up with the manga since some time around after the whole thing with the dragon, so I’m pretty excited to see I’ve got like 40 more chapters waiting for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Netflix added a show today called Vampire in the Garden and it seems to be about the anime USSR fighting vampires, but also, banning all music and “culture” because vampires might hear it…?

also they live in a frostpunk setting

and like

yeah vampires are a metaphor for the nobility and landed gentry

but then it turns out the vampires are like the czars????

wolfs has issued a correction as of 18:01 on May 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Casey Finnigan posted:

that's what makes it good