Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

alnilam posted:

lol, but still, also, what?

So is it like an item you can feed to your ape to make the ape look different?

I guess it's true what they say... a lotta yall still don't get it

if you have a rare ape NFT that isn't being sold anymore, you can buy a slurp juice NFT and combine it with your ape NFT to spawn more NFTs that are double extra super rare because they're only available to people who bought two different NFTs at different times

every bullshit microtransactions gimmick you can think of has been eagerly adopted by NFT douchebags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I wrote up the UST thing

tl;dr it's all still absolutely dumb as poo poo and not getting any smarter. but if we're lucky, they'll do a 2008 on themselves. again.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is there some bitcoin mechanism that kicks in to juice it when it drops below 30k at this point? Seems like it keeps bouncing against that, and I'm wondering if it will punch on through.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

if you have a rare ape NFT that isn't being sold anymore, you can buy a slurp juice NFT and combine it with your ape NFT to spawn more NFTs that are double extra super rare because they're only available to people who bought two different NFTs at different times

every bullshit microtransactions gimmick you can think of has been eagerly adopted by NFT douchebags

lmao

Can you hold B to stop it from evolving :v:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Every time I spend my bitcoin in real life for real stuff like lattes, I have bots pull off an elaborate set of scams and liquidations, on social media, through direct hacks, and through automated phishing scams, so that I can free up the capital to buy my services in paper currency.

Bitcoin really is the way of the future.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
I read all of divabot's blog and this thread but I'm still really confused - is it safe now to invest into the ponzi scheme? Thanks in advance.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Imagine buying UST right now. Like seriously put yourself in the shoes of someone looking at what's happening and thinking "oh man I wish I could hold that bag"

You don't buy tether. You get given tether in 'payment' for something, and then try to dispose of it to someone else.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

You don't buy tether. You get given tether in 'payment' for something, and then try to dispose of it to someone else.

we're talking about the other tether that is currently imploding

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

i'm going to have to call out the QC on this animation. the sign says, "slurp juice on multiple apes".. the line is, "multiple slurp juices on a single ape"... this is very unprofessional.
This is extremely on brand for Master Shake

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

JammyB posted:

I read all of divabot's blog and this thread but I'm still really confused - is it safe now to invest into the ponzi scheme? Thanks in advance.

i can assure you that it will never be safer

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Now is the winter of our NFTs, made glorious summer by this sun of rug pulls

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Strong Sauce posted:

i'm going to have to call out the QC on this animation. the sign says, "slurp juice on multiple apes".. the line is, "multiple slurp juices on a single ape"... this is very unprofessional.

Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

alnilam posted:

So I missed a lot of incredibly stupid things I'm sure, but I have to ask since it's showing up in two threads...

what's slurp juice

I'm ready for the answer to be stupider than i could possibly have imagined

It's yet another idiotic NFT thingie. I think the whole thing is that you can use it like a Pokemon evolution stone on other related NFT scams?

Honestly all the NFT grifts are so stupid that I can't even be bothered to look in to them.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol. You can never escape holding the bag

https://twitter.com/CryptoWhale/status/1524184693561872384

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Viscous Soda posted:

It's yet another idiotic NFT thingie. I think the whole thing is that you can use it like a Pokemon evolution stone on other related NFT scams?

Honestly all the NFT grifts are so stupid that I can't even be bothered to look in to them.

It's all the same mindset as kids who think you can plug your game boy into your playstation and have your evolution stone evolve your digimon or something.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Coiners are very bad at pattern recognition which is a trait not generally associated with savvy investors.

"Hmm... the price keeps rising to around $50k, then suddenly freefalling to $30k, then there's suddenly a huge influx in Teether support and the price goes back up to $50k. Whelp, time to buy the dip at $45k and HODL!"

"The day after payday, the timing of which is generally consistent around the world due to the nature of bookkeeping, the price suddenly drops. Almost as if there was an influx of cash to the system which was quickly withdrawn. That just means I need to get my paycheck into crypto even faster!"

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Why have I never read r/CryptoCurrency before, this poo poo is hilarious

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 11, 2022

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Master Shake says slurp my ape

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I need the line goes up guy to make another 2 hour video on this terra luna thing. It is all so dumb but I am not smart enough to truly appreciate how dumb it is.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

nachos posted:

I need the line goes up guy to make another 2 hour video on this terra luna thing. It is all so dumb but I am not smart enough to truly appreciate how dumb it is.

This thread seems to suggest it was a coordinated attack

https://twitter.com/4484/status/1524006086147252227

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

nachos posted:

I might not totally grasp the nuances of the grifts in play, but I do really appreciate the content about people getting scammed constantly.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
dunno seems kinda sad seeing schmoes who were sold jargon as a ticket out of USA BUTTHOLE NATION get took. I wish there was a source of apes gone quotes from the actual scammers but it's clear they win every time

drk
Jan 16, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

This thread seems to suggest it was a coordinated attack

https://twitter.com/4484/status/1524006086147252227

Why would someone purposefully crash the value of $4B of their own assets?

"It was an attack" is just cope from someone in denial they were bag holding a late stage ponzicoin.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
because obviously the attacker is The Old Money, they cant handle the brilliant shining youth of bitcoin and have to kill it now before it destroys them all. a few billion is nothing when you run the world

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

:sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever::sever:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/fxhedgers/status/1524209254684454915?s=21&t=rOJgztNsiHKtXeqUvgzocg

Love 2 hodl the bag

Edit son of a bitch how did I miss a page?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

drk posted:

"It was an attack" is just cope from someone in denial they were bag holding a late stage ponzicoin.

they shorted bitcoin so it was all to get that price down as much as possible

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Love 2 hodl the bag

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

drk posted:

how can you doubt the rock solid credentials of a source like "some rando's friend"?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
looking at the twitter replies to see if anyone actually has any evidence of what went down and a pepe avatar is lecturing me about the classic (((Soros))) style attack

v legitimate

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Got my grade for my final assignment, which was a presentation on cryptocurrency and nfts. Got this feedback:

I thought about responding "I cannot give a balanced presentation regarding cryptocurrency and nfts, because I was raised to always tell the truth."

:lol:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

drk posted:

Because they're shorting it, which means they make money when it goes down.

Here's the tl;dr of shorting:
1. I borrow your stuff and sign a paper saying I'll give it back in 3 weeks
2. I sell your stuff for $100
3. Two weeks later, the market value of drk's stuff has gone down to $75
4. I buy your stuff for $75 and give it back to you, pocketing $25

In some ways shorting a stock does push it down in price. I'm selling it, even though you, the true owner, didn't plan to sell. Under normal circumstances this has near-zero effect because people generally agree that a stock or 500 barrels of oil or whatever has value. When it's a digital pog that has "$1" crudely written on it in crayon, and most people who have bought in are attracted by idiotic promises of 20% returns, it's much easier to crash a market.

OTOH the twitter :tinfoil: dope who called it a coordinated attack is missing that bubbles with no means of support naturally pop. Functionally nobody was shorting the housing bonds in 2008, and it collapsed anyways. A small run becomes a big run and then the price craters to nothing. And that goes double for this stupid Terra-Luna scheme that has a massive weakness to bank runs.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

dunno seems kinda sad seeing schmoes who were sold jargon as a ticket out of USA BUTTHOLE NATION get took. I wish there was a source of apes gone quotes from the actual scammers but it's clear they win every time

Bitcoin: The Scammers Win Every Time

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
The Ponzi-seidon Adventure

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Agents are GO! posted:

Got my grade for my final assignment, which was a presentation on cryptocurrency and nfts. Got this feedback:

I thought about responding "I cannot give a balanced presentation regarding cryptocurrency and nfts, because I was raised to always tell the truth."

:lol:

it shouldn't be hard to include more positive aspects, like ease of money laundering (and similar ease of tracing it for the agencies, for balance), potential for regulatory arbitrage, fossil fuel job creation and rapid liquidity absorption from retail investors

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
are they suggesting an attacker was somehow able to borrow three billion dollars worth of butts

Knight007au
May 8, 2007

Dabir posted:

"Scuze me sir, I think I can 'elp you here. I actually have an NFT of my own what I've been keeping aside for a rainy day."

"Really? Well come on, let's see it."

*thud*

"'Ere we are, sir."

"Baldrick. This is a turnip."

"That's right sir, it is a turnip. It's a Nice Fat Turnip."

"It's covered in mud, and this side is starting to rot."

"It's s'posed to do that. Adds flavour."

"Baldrick, you do understand the idea is to sell our NFTs. Not to eat them."

"Don't you worry about that sir. There's a big market for turnips."

"Really?"

"There is sir. My auntie Baldrick is always telling me about the turnips she gets sold, sir."

"I see. This would be your aunt who thinks she owns Tower Bridge, am I right?"

"That's the one sir."

"When in actual fact she purchased a crude drawing of Tower Bridge, painted, and I feel I should emphasise this point, in dung."

"I didn't know you'd met her, sir."

"Well, who do you think sold her the painting?"

"Oh."

"So, putting your lunatic relatives aside for the moment, who, exactly, do you imagine would want to buy this Nice Fat Turnip?"

"Well I would sir, only I ain't got any money."

This is so good captures the show perfectly.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
LUNA put up a fight but will be dead very soon. gn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
good fight, never forget

https://twitter.com/stablekwon/status/1523075465384136704

better be manipulated by some korean dude than submit to (((monetary policy)))

Vesi fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 11, 2022