Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I've never tried a ketchup chip and I'm very curious now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I've never tried a ketchup chip and I'm very curious now

I had a few in the 90's when we visited Canada, I wasn't that impressed, you're better off just dipping salt flavored chips in ketchup tbh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Read the title, said 'What?' and then I realized that they made it themselves.

After Sour Patch Kids cereal, I was ready to believe it

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Dennis Lee owns. One of my favorites of his is the hot buttered malort he made. There was also the time he snuck extra meat at korean bbq place.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ȇ̵̢̢̡̢̧̡̛̞̝̗̪̟̰̯̘̝̤̱̯͍̝̱̭͈͍̯̦͍̟̞̺̫̱͓͔̤̜̺̹̗̹͕̱͈͚̮͖̦͔͕͎̩͍̗͈̪͙͈̼̙̱̲̝̪̬̫̜̠͇͍̯̰̱͕̮͙̹̯̳̳̗̣͔̞̫͙̲͙͔̗͇̥̘̭̱̞̪͛̊̑̀͛̽͂̿̿̆̅͋̎̽̎̍̚̚͜͜͜ͅͅͅͅg̶̨̡̨̢̢̢̨̧̢̨̛̛̝̖͙̹̥̳̼͕̣̳͈͇͈̙̝̯̞̲̮͕͙̣̣͎̼̮̩͕̖̯̟̺̤͓͎̺̣͉̯̻͕̖̭͆̍̉͛͋̑̈́̾̀̓̈́̾̃͛͛̅͛͗͌̆̎́̈̒͛̀̍̊̊̌͊̽́̃͋͐̆̈̉̈͂͒̓̈́͘̕̕̚͜͝͠ͅͅͅͅġ̴̨̛̝͔͎̭̳̺̥͓͇̜͙̣͐̓̊̈́̂͛̈́̀̌̇̋̿͐̈̇́̽̽̇́͂̅͑͗̎̄͘͘͝

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Some Irish website did a survey of the most popular chip/crisp flavours and the top 10 was 9 varieties of cheese and onion, plus chickadees, which are chicken-flavored corn puffs, which are just plain nasty.
Cheese and onion is objectively the best base flavour, so that bit was fine.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Zil posted:

I miss the 3d Doritos they used to do during the extreme days. Felt like more flavor per chip.

They just re-released 3d Doritos in Australia and they're definitely better than the 2d ones. More flavour and less greasy.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

zedprime posted:

When I was 4 there was a potato chip factory that did wholesale and you could get I assume like a small cardboard drum/cylinder of fresh chips and reuse the cylinder. I say assume, because I think I have some crossed wires on my childhood memories because my dad also brought home empty plastic and cardboard 55 gallon drums from work so my memory has mutated into buying 55 gallon drums of potato chips. Which I'm pretty sure is insane or insanely delicious.

sounds a lot like these (they come in a metal container though)

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Wrong-boiled egg

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Alterian posted:

"Hot" soda isn't a new concept. I'n the 90's Wegmans had "hot" Ginger Ale and Cola. We used to make our own hot pops by putting a fireball (the candy, not the alcohol) in it and letting it dissolve.

I misunderstood what you meant by hot here for a minute and it reminded me of a thing in Hong Kong where you can get Coke that's been boiled and has ginger steeped in it like tea. Nothing more refreshing than a cup of steaming hot, flat, gingery Coke on a nice hundred degree day with 300% humidity.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They’re a different flavor than regular nacho cheese.

I like em.
Canada has a Zesty Cheese variety that's different still, and very good--along with Dill Pickle and Ketchup varieties. They also have Salt & Vinegar Goldfish and an additional Flavor Blasted™ variety that's nacho cheese, whose French name is "Oh! Nacho". :geno:

We declare all the snacks and poo poo that we bring back from our trips to Canada, and the border guys on the Canadian side refuse to believe that Canada has anything that the U.S. lacks. :canada:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Grand Fromage posted:

I misunderstood what you meant by hot here for a minute and it reminded me of a thing in Hong Kong where you can get Coke that's been boiled and has ginger steeped in it like tea. Nothing more refreshing than a cup of steaming hot, flat, gingery Coke on a nice hundred degree day with 300% humidity.
leaving a Dr Pepper in the car while running into the store for a quick trip in summertime in Texas introduced me to the realization that if you did it in the wintertime, hot flat Dr Pepper would be a pretty nice drink actually. like you could wassail that poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The entire point of Holiday Spice Pepsi, tragically killed before its time

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I don't know if they've run any in the past couple decades but there are dozens of hot Dr Pepper ads from back in the day.

Tempted to try a Boomer.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It just weirds me out to heat something carbonated until it's no longer carbonated

Like you're destroying one of the raisons d'être for the drat product in your quest for hot drink! wasn't that creepy fizz with the bouillon cube enough? please let's end this madcap experimentation

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Microwave a cup of lemonade and add honey.

Very pleasant drink, and also still fizzy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
has anyone ever tried running broth through a Britta filter?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Brawnfire posted:

one of the raisons d'être for the drat product
but you can't really get cola flavor (one of the base elements of Dr Pepper) in a non-carbonated form, and that's the specific raison d'être desired here

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do you then take the filter out and suck on it?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

The entire point of Holiday Spice Pepsi, tragically killed before its time

Bring it back coward Pepsi :argh:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Carbonation is a weird thing that I've never really thought as the main reason I prefer a drink. Like I'd never drink a soda that has carbonation but none of the other stuff.

OwlFancier posted:

Microwave a cup of lemonade and add honey.

Very pleasant drink, and also still fizzy.

What the hell is your lemonade made of?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

What the hell is your lemonade made of?

Erm, this is the UK so perhaps "sprite" would be the closest thing.

US I think lemonade is always flat?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I don't need the obvious plant logo here, there is absolutely no way a pre-packaged sandwich would contain that much meat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

but you can't really get cola flavor (one of the base elements of Dr Pepper) in a non-carbonated form, and that's the specific raison d'être desired here

Sure you can, just get the syrup and mix it into hot water.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Is there any way the inner fries here have non hosed up texture?

https://i.imgur.com/cIZ5K5l.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

It's like a potato rat king.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

:stare:

That kinda seems like it takes every positive aspect of fries with toppings and negates it

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Ror posted:

I don't know if they've run any in the past couple decades but there are dozens of hot Dr Pepper ads from back in the day.

Tempted to try a Boomer.

I made one of these on a whim and it was pretty good. The lemon ties it all together somehow.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AARD VARKMAN posted:

No, these always suck. You can get them at a lot of county/state fairs and they always seem like a good idea but once you get past that outer layer of crispy potato goodness you just have a wet, starchy mess.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'd never drink a soda that has carbonation but none of the other stuff.
You mean soda water?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yecch! Where's the anti-malarial flavor of quinine?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

If I'm being honest, I'd rather get malaria than drink tonic water, or plain soda water in general

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

zedprime posted:

When I was 4 there was a potato chip factory that did wholesale and you could get I assume like a small cardboard drum/cylinder of fresh chips and reuse the cylinder. I say assume, because I think I have some crossed wires on my childhood memories because my dad also brought home empty plastic and cardboard 55 gallon drums from work so my memory has mutated into buying 55 gallon drums of potato chips. Which I'm pretty sure is insane or insanely delicious.

Did your dad work at the lube factory?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My mom always told me about getting tins of chips and straw-wrapped blocks of ice and glass bottles of milk and poo poo like that, all put into the exterior "milkbox" and "icebox" doors. I remember thinking lmao how the gently caress does someone's life experience change that much, how impossibly old world

I get it now... I know how it changes.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

zedprime posted:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

SlothfulCobra posted:

Carbonation is a weird thing that I've never really thought as the main reason I prefer a drink. Like I'd never drink a soda that has carbonation but none of the other stuff.
Not even counting straight soda/seltzer water, observe:

Even less flavor than a White Claw without any of the alcohol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I make these myself all the time. Delicious.

Lemon-lime is also great.