Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

mods change my name to carbon cringe lifeform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

dee eight posted:

not that it matters, but a similar thing happened with the character of henry hook from the 1964 movie 'zulu'. apparently he had living relatives who attended the premiere of the film and were scandalized by his portrayal. irl hook was a good soldier and upright christian, not the "malingering hector, barracks-room lawyer goldbrick" depicted in the film.

Oh how bravely he faced one
With his sixteen pounder gun
and they frightened them drat natives to the marrow

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Don't give me hope

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The last thing you want is for england to sink beneath the waves again, it only brings us closer to our sleeping god.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OwlFancier posted:

The last thing you want is for england to sink beneath the waves again, it only brings us closer to our sleeping god.

Thatcher?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

So Poland's true name is puberty420, huh?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A pet joins you is galaxy brain

Nanomashoes posted:

Oh how bravely he faced one
With his sixteen pounder gun
and they frightened them drat natives to the marrow

That's why they wrote that old poem, whatever happens, we have got the sixteen pounder gun, and they have not

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kit Walker posted:

So Poland's true name is puberty420, huh?

no, but they can form it in europa universalis

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Brawnfire posted:

Judge... my name?

It am silly

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

bike tory posted:

mods change my name to carbon cringe lifeform

drat this post was real good.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022
I greatly appreciate the meme clipart of Sisyphus.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlw6NTzCR9g

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

full of smoothies, too

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:unsmith: :amen:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FINALLY, my mom loving off to another continent when I was a kid pays off! :smug:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

good star trek memes

also I'm this guy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Montague Tigg posted:

good star trek memes

I'd love to see Spock rocking #3

Edit: Just realized it reminds me of the "Proto-Vulcans" from TNG: "Who Watches the Watchers?"

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 04:47 on May 11, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The second guy has killed, and will kill again.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Paul Reubens down at #15 is wondering why you're taking his photo.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Hey man, it's harder than it looks! It's far away and it keeps moving :jebcry:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The sarlacc has a unique digestive system. It doesn't have a stomach per se; rather, the sarlacc's prey sticks to its intestinal walls and is gradually absorbed and dissolved in place, kind of like a pitcher plant. Simple animals like banthas and dewbacks are digested in this manner over a timescale of days to weeks.

However, the sarlacc is also an intelligent being. In the process of absorbing and dissolving food, the sarlacc merges its own circulatory and nervous systems with those of its prey. If it happens to eat another intelligent being, it quickly figures this out, and it will intentionally keep it alive for company by sending nutrients to the prey rather than absorbing it. It will have psychic conversations with the captive being for years on end, gradually dissolving bits of it when other food is scarce, but keeping its brain alive for as long as possible -- or at least until another intelligent being falls in and catches the sarlacc's attention.

Go look this poo poo up, Luke. It's in the Encyclopedia Galactica

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Okay but if Luke and Luuke were eaten by a sarlacc at the same time, which brain would it prioritize preserving?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Scholtz posted:

Okay but if Luke and Luuke were eaten by a sarlacc at the same time, which brain would it prioritize preserving?

It would eat both of them quickly and keep the most interesting Luuuke around the longest.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

That sounds like a bunch of bullshit Jabba made up because he was trying to one-up having a big murder pit.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Scholtz posted:

same question but Luke and Bigger Luke, I'll take my answer off the air

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

You aren't supposed to break spaghetti even in a small pot. You just kinda fan it out when you're putting it into boiling water and in a few seconds the bottom parts will become pliable enough that you can push the rest down into the water as well. Might take a couple passes but it'll always work

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
or ya can just break it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinatas are the only valid example there. Cracking a glow stick is not really "breaking" it, "karate boards" are just regular thin softwood boards that could be used for any purpose, and no you should not break pasta in half regardless of the size of pot -- just let it stick out the top at first.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
You can just break the spaghetti too, though. It tastes the same broken.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I powderize my spaghetti in a food processor, just like they do in Italy when the tourists aren't watching.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The council of spaghetti has deemed your spaghetti related acitivites HERESY and now you must spend the rest of your years in spaghetti jail

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Collapsing Farts posted:

The council of spaghetti has deemed your spaghetti related acitivites HERESY and now you must spend the rest of your years in spaghetti jail

Wouldn't work, they'll just break out.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Spaghetti sucks anyways, get you a pasta that you can eat with a spoon

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

sick of Applebees posted:

Spaghetti sucks anyways, get you a pasta that you can eat with a spoon
Get a bigger spoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

LPT: You can make this derail a funny meme by reading all the posts in an increasingly irate Italian accent.