Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

indigi posted:

the main car chase was so dumb, Penguin is driving a shitbox vs the Batmobile and Batman still manages to get 20 people killed before stopping the bad guy

Batman is worse at his job than real life cops in that movie

Yeah it ruled, then he lectures Catwoman how you must NEVER kill, then definitely kills a handful of those riddler henchmen lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol he actually is gonna do it, he's gonna top avatar 1 box office

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1524201122184925184

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

movie buffs have no taste.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It looks so bland. Who gives a poo poo about the blue CGI monsters why is this a big deal to anyone

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

i donmt remember how his arc ended either besides the whole dumb asexual thing but this i give htis a 50/50 plausibility given the writers on the show lol
Bojack was incredibly overrated, and Todd was the worst part in the show. I like Allison Brie and Amy Sedaris a lot, but it didn't live up to their respective talents, especially in the latter case.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It looks so bland. Who gives a poo poo about the blue CGI monsters why is this a big deal to anyone

it's mystifying. I really don't get how Avatar is a thing, especially when the number one topic about it is "why does no one talk about this movie?"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Avatar is nostalgic at this point

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol he actually is gonna do it, he's gonna top avatar 1 box office

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1524201122184925184

lol that's really sad

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I missed it in theaters and I know the 3D is what gave everyone post-Avatar depression but I remember almost nothing about it other than Giovanni Ribisi being the standard James Cameron corporate sleazeball. My own version of post-Avatar depression was the comedown after I saw Apocalypto on mushrooms

MeatwadIsGod has issued a correction as of 04:11 on May 11, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nichael posted:

Bojack was incredibly overrated, and Todd was the worst part in the show. I like Allison Brie and Amy Sedaris a lot, but it didn't live up to their respective talents, especially in the latter case.

it's mystifying. I really don't get how Avatar is a thing, especially when the number one topic about it is "why does no one talk about this movie?"

i generally liked bojack and it ended okay but the last season or two was definitely felt a bit academia lib nyc-elite overwrote. but yeah todd was really boring and they didn't use other actors very well

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Nichael posted:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Cameron decided to do the sequels after a Tumblr shitpost made the rounds dunking on Avatar for vanishing from the public consciousness almost immediately.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

The taika waititi pirate show on HBO is soooo loving bad and I hate him now and take back even my lukewarm praise of jojo rabbit

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

TheSlutPit posted:

The taika waititi pirate show on HBO is soooo loving bad and I hate him now and take back even my lukewarm praise of jojo rabbit

I'm so glad my ex broke up with me right as this show was getting popular

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I accidentally subscribed to paramount+ and it’s running out on the 15th. I watched jackass and that ruled, is there anything good you recommend.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

It feels like when everyone else has bad political opinions and no matter how much you scream into the void they just won’t see reason. Only instead of material conditions and the future of society, it’s blue cat people who gently caress using hair.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

TheSlutPit posted:

it's okay, i think its overrated by the more online lib types but i didn't hate it. it gets a lot better once taika actually shows up

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i also liked bojack on balance, but it was a rare netflix show that ran too long. the thing they would do where they'd spend 2 or 3 minutes setting up a sentence-length pun or tongue-twister was never very funny and they did it over and over and over. it was also funny how they would always make the second-to-last episode of the season be the weird, depressing, experimental one. it was always the second-to-last one

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mawarannahr posted:

I accidentally subscribed to paramount+ and it’s running out on the 15th. I watched jackass and that ruled, is there anything good you recommend.

Perry Mason, taxi, young Indian Jones, thr twilight zone, Gunsmoke, the state, ugly Americans, wondershowzen. A ton of movies if you look

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
bojack was great until the writers began to think people thought bojack was a cool dude (or, at least, sympathetic) and the show got really weird for a few seasons as they shadowboxed with people in their imagination (or on reddit)

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Xaris posted:

it's okay, i think its overrated by the more online lib types but i didn't hate it. it gets a lot better once taika actually shows up

I only watched the first ep but it genuinely made me mad how low quality the entire thing was. It reminded me of some poo poo my high school theater group would have put on (in a bad way) and seemed obvious that it got greenlit in spite of that bc the dude is a name. I could try another ep but I may be irreversibly tainted at this point.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Aglet56 posted:

i also liked bojack on balance, but it was a rare netflix show that ran too long. the thing they would do where they'd spend 2 or 3 minutes setting up a sentence-length pun or tongue-twister was never very funny and they did it over and over and over. it was also funny how they would always make the second-to-last episode of the season be the weird, depressing, experimental one. it was always the second-to-last one

bojack was the ultimate "whoops i forget how comedy works" show

TheSlutPit posted:

I only watched the first ep but it genuinely made me mad how low quality the entire thing was. It reminded me of some poo poo my high school theater group would have put on (in a bad way) and seemed obvious that it got greenlit in spite of that bc the dude is a name. I could try another ep but I may be irreversibly tainted at this point.

I'll give them this, the show gets better after the first few episodes, but it "gets better" by ditching the comedy aspects almost entirely in some episodes, and leaning into extremely overwrought drama. A show already did that, and did it much better, and that was Moral Orel.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I missed it in theaters and I know the 3D is what gave everyone post-Avatar depression but I remember almost nothing about it other than Giovanni Ribisi being the standard James Cameron corporate sleazeball. My own version of post-Avatar depression was the comedown after I saw Apocalypto on mushrooms

The mech had a mech sized knife . It ruled

Xaris posted:

I gave up on it in the second episode. I like Rhys Darby a lot but it was unreal how dull it was

I went back to movies and watched don't look up (bleh, Ron perlman shooting at the comet was more effort than anyone else made)

Constantine (didn't like it as much as many friends despite it having cool subject matter and great tilda/turturro scenes),

Blade Trinity which was just terrible, but Biel had incredible delts. Ryan Reynolds was a decade too early with the nonstop quips

and above the law where seagal is incredibly skinny and his 100 seconds of aikido are fantastic , but not the other 95 minutes of the movie which wasted Pam Grier and Sharon stone . Tons of fantastic Chicago accents and mustaches, though

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 05:16 on May 11, 2022

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

mawarannahr posted:

Frasier

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/therealsupes/status/1524099627565215744?s=20&t=-qWmlh7OdDadH_JcGTBL6A
this is not nearly enough super heroes. how am i supposed to take a capital F "Film" seriously if there's only 90 main characters? what is this a loving stage play/???

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

War and Pieces posted:

I'm so glad my ex broke up with me right as this show was getting popular

It's cute but def overrated

The real cute show to watch with a lover is Ghosts

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Perry Mason, taxi, young Indian Jones, thr twilight zone, Gunsmoke, the state, ugly Americans, wondershowzen. A ton of movies if you look

thanks, I didn’t look a lot cause I got tricked into it by the free trial and forgot. I’ve heard of like 3 of those so I’ll look them up.

thank you. seen them all

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

Evil

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nichael posted:

bojack was the ultimate "whoops i forget how comedy works" show

tbf it was never a laugh-out-loud funny show, but yes the last couple got almost a little too sanctimonious

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

mawarannahr posted:

Frasier

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

frasier

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the last season of moral orel is an amazing piece of tv

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

Yeah best season of any animated show post-2000

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/therealsupes/status/1524099627565215744?s=20&t=-qWmlh7OdDadH_JcGTBL6A
this is not nearly enough super heroes. how am i supposed to take a capital F "Film" seriously if there's only 90 main characters? what is this a loving stage play/???

But does it have Na'vi?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

it should be shown in schools

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Our Flag Means Death has a very NZ / Australian style of humour. If you don't jive with it I can see how it would be easy to bounce off of it.

I think it's pretty good, not amazing, and goes in some fun directions.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

does that mean there's blackface?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the new wire is basically bam margera does police brutality. the accents are incredible.