Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

sexpig by night posted:

yea for context of 'actually listened to the episode' he was super obviously being sarcastic with the quote and they did indeed laugh at their guest's joke. Like, yea I'm sure the hollywood actor isn't a literal active communist but he wasn't loving 'quoting Churchill to defend capitalism'.

Also his literal next words were "It's bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

honestly shocked it took as long as it did for someone to complain about it itt. the haters' hearts aren't in it anymore either

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Juul-Whip posted:

honestly shocked it took as long as it did for someone to complain about it itt. the haters' hearts aren't in it anymore either

Even the haters who listen to the show just to find things to cancel the boys about are less excited for interview episodes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Girls was in fact a good show

:hmmyes:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Needed some jokes.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it's a funny show, maybe you didn't "get" it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I could listen to literally hundreds of hours of content regarding how stupid crypto is, it’s fascinatingly stupid

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
solid interview. a little interesting, but he didn't have a lot to say especially

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I could listen to literally hundreds of hours of content regarding how stupid crypto is, it’s fascinatingly stupid

Just listen to the alab faketoshi ep on repeat

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
wait someone please post this david cross incident

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mr. Grinch posted:

During a recording, Matt Christman told David Cross that Matt would like to "Gargle his balls." Matt was 100% serious and this is the reason he had to move to LA when the audio leaked.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

Him and Felix argued on the pod about whether or not to be scared of Louis Farrakhan and then the rest of the episode was weirdly tense.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
History proved one of them right

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
It's always funny when you meet/hear a person who got econ-brained during their Micro-Economics class and never fully got over it. Ben seems like a chill dude, has a hot wife who he apparently stole from some small-time director. Chances are most people in his field arent super down to talk about economics so that explains his eagerness/constant apologizing for using what he considers to be out there terms.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Henchman of Santa posted:

Him and Felix argued on the pod about whether or not to be scared of Louis Farrakhan and then the rest of the episode was weirdly tense.

yea it really wasn't that big, Cross made some lame 'well and I think we as Jews should be afraid of antisemites on both sides, both the nazis and Farrakhan' and Felix more or less just went 'no but what is Farrakhan going to do to us, what actual danger to our lives does he or his group of like five hundred freaks pose that's on par with guys shouting 'the Jews will not replace us' and marching through a major city.' Then things were a little awkward because yea no poo poo there's no answer to that Cross was just being a dink.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

sexpig by night posted:

yea it really wasn't that big, Cross made some lame 'well and I think we as Jews should be afraid of antisemites on both sides, both the nazis and Farrakhan' and Felix more or less just went 'no but what is Farrakhan going to do to us, what actual danger to our lives does he or his group of like five hundred freaks pose that's on par with guys shouting 'the Jews will not replace us' and marching through a major city.' Then things were a little awkward because yea no poo poo there's no answer to that Cross was just being a dink.

Also doing the whole "you kids with your silly opinions podcasting in your New York apartment" thing where the only real response is telling him to gently caress off in one way or another.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
David Cross / Coindexter episode when

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Girls was in fact a good show

I recently watched the first season with my partner and it's really good, like scathingly funny

My buddy got mad when I told him, "it's unintentional, she's not acting she's actually awful" and I'm like sorry I believe you but that just makes it even funnier

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He referred to himself as a Teen Idol precisely enough for it to stop being a joke, but he was charming and meta enough that it might have been a bit. I like him, but this stuff always takes two listen for me, it’s so hard for me to parse blockchain poo poo.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Bust Rodd posted:

He referred to himself as a Teen Idol precisely enough for it to stop being a joke, but he was charming and meta enough that it might have been a bit. I like him, but this stuff always takes two listen for me, it’s so hard for me to parse blockchain poo poo.

It's perfectly simple: You can slurp an ape to make another ape. What's not to get?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The first two or so seasons of Girls are really funny.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Blood Boils posted:

I recently watched the first season with my partner and it's really good, like scathingly funny

My buddy got mad when I told him, "it's unintentional, she's not acting she's actually awful" and I'm like sorry I believe you but that just makes it even funnier

idk i think she is pretty self aware and consciously heightening aspects of her own personality as hannah on the show

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Matt is always more quiet in interview episodes. I legit thought it was just a Will and Felix episode at first.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Seams posted:

The first two or so seasons of Girls are really funny.

First season was good and then it was a gradual decline every subsequent season

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Anecdotal evidence but the most vocal anti-Girls people I knew in 2012 were and still are soy MCU fanboys

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I never watched Girls because the public persona Lena Dunham puts out into the world is repulsive

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Seams posted:

Remember when Scalia died during the bungler’s term and the republicans just refused to appoint a new justice and the Dems couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything about it lol

Not only did they not do anything, they didn't even try to tell the public it was bad. They gave up after like two weeks

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

General Dog posted:

New ep is kind of a snoozer

Unfortunately there's just nothing going on in domestic politics so they have to talk about crypto

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Bust Rodd posted:

I never watched Girls because the public persona Lena Dunham puts out into the world is repulsive

You've heard of death of the author? Then you're ready for the sequel; kill the author!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Vim Fuego posted:

Not only did they not do anything, they didn't even try to tell the public it was bad. They gave up after like two weeks

Oh god, I just remembered Obama's nominee wandered around the Capitol trying to talk to Senators about giving him a hearing. All time pathetic.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

bobjr posted:

Matt is always more quiet in interview episodes. I legit thought it was just a Will and Felix episode at first.

I didn't know he was there until Will asked him if he wanted to say anything at the very end

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sometimes you're in the zoom and you're absorbing everything and you just don't have anything to add. it's all good

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Bust Rodd posted:

Same but after a while it tends to repeat itself. They've been doing the same dumb bullshit one way or another since it started, it's just more refined now. I miss the lovely cobbled together mining rigs instead of warehouses full of overheating, buzzing machines.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I vaguely remembered seeing a bad Lena Dunham movie once and I just tried to find the name of it and realized I was thinking of Diablo Cody

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

it's crazy how much he loves Barney yeah

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not really sure what point you think you're making, or what you think I'm saying for that matter.

is "carrying water" the new "platforming" lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I am going to destroy Glenn Greenwald with the Wolf Fang Fist technique

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
My big problem with GG is that Glenn is a creepy name. The unsettling, pervert neighbor kid in Mad Men being named Glenn was entirely appropriate

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

I am going to destroy Glenn Greenwald with the Wolf Fang Fist technique

You're too late. the glenn thread have been training in the toad style and are unstoppable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah felix is a crypto guy now lol

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1524317119944425472?t=8FUncDaT7Sn5VJJRgfkgnw&s=19