Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Barudak posted:

Deus Ex is a real good game even for its flaws. A true masterwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOkf4ZWucV4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWNQ88UoLY

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

beer gas canister posted:

i know a dude that randomly\ met one of the members at a bar and apparently he was very chill and cool

Yeah! From what i've seen in interviews and heard from others, all of the band members really awesome and chill. At least front man Corey Taylor has talked about being and admitting to being a total piece of poo poo in the real early days of the band. Especially after the first album exploded in popularity. But now all of these band members are adults, where they started as just teenagers, they have families of their own and children. So they are a lot more relaxed and matured, and realize they can't be edgelords anymore.

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!
Trash lady is angry, everyone must die.

What game am I playing?

It's Severed Steel.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's already to 3.0...?!

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's already to 3.0...?!

They've apparently extended the campaign. Twice.

I need to replay it. I sunk like 30 hours into Firefight in the demo. Just managed to nab 17th place on the scoreboard for the first Firefight level.

God drat I love this game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night I started and finished Moncage. That was a superb little puzzle game - really well done and a nice way to spend two hours :3: I seriously dig puzzle games and could play them all day every day. Keep my brain occupied with fun things!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Original Deus Ex is deeply overrated.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Chairchucker posted:

Original Deus Ex is deeply overrated.

Gamers back then were the medieval peasant instantly dying when they ate a Cheeto.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Last night I started and finished Moncage. That was a superb little puzzle game - really well done and a nice way to spend two hours :3: I seriously dig puzzle games and could play them all day every day. Keep my brain occupied with fun things!

Have you seen Patrick's Parabox? It's a cute little puzzle game about recursion and I'm extremely into it. It gives my brain good feelings in the same way as solving a tricky puzzle in The Witness or Baba Is You.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Holy moly that looks incredibly like my jam!! Thank you!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It really nails the "flip flop rapidly between feeling like a hopeless idiot and the smartest gamer to ever live" puzzgame feeling and also does a fantastic job at pacing out the puzzle concepts to make solutions constantly feel fresh.

Killer ost too

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last year I played Witness and Obra Dinn and I am still chasing the high of The Challenge from Witness. That was one of my greatest achievements and so many times figuring something out in it lead me to feeling on top of the world.

Like the puzzle where you have the broken audio duo and YOU make the solution. Or the second best where thanks to walking up the mountain I realised there were puzzles that were not puzzles and the world itself could be 'solved' and I started seeing them EVERYWHERE

My favourites were pillar puzzles and triangle puzzles. I liked solving them the most. The only ones I really struggled with were the colour ones.

Goodness. The witness might be my most favourite puzzle game.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Tangentially related, as a colorblind player (but not the right kind of colorblind to have a problem with The Witness specifically for example) the best approach I've ever seen is in Rhem, where there's a colorpicker key that'll tell you what on-screen color is right under your cursor, by name, so that color matching puzzles become word matching puzzles but at the same time the game doesn't give away what colored element is part of a puzzle or not. Also much clearer than the usual colorblind color filters.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Xaiter posted:

Trash lady is angry, everyone must die.

What game am I playing?

It's Severed Steel.

how the gently caress did i miss this?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

never trust people who don't at least kinda wanna die

Begone evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Or the second best where thanks to walking up the mountain I realised there were puzzles that were not puzzles and the world itself could be 'solved' and I started seeing them EVERYWHERE

This is my favorite part of The Witness. My girlfriend played it a few years back and after she was done, she was seeing shapes that looked like Witness puzzles all over the place in real life for a while. There was a building we used to drive past on our way to work that had almost that exact pattern across an awning if you looked at it from the right angle.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
My horses in Oblivion keep dying. The armor does nothing. :negative:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rinkles posted:

My horses in Oblivion keep dying. The armor does nothing. :negative:

See that's why Oblivion needs a re-release with tweaks. Horses don't actually level up with you and the rest of the world. All horses are loaded in as strong as a world that only had to worry about the smallest of goblins.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Is that Steam Dwarf Fortress thing ever going to come out? I doubt it at this point.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Is that Steam Dwarf Fortress thing ever going to come out? I doubt it at this point.

I hope so I was thinking about it the other week, I never got too deep into Dwarf Fortress but it sounded fascinating so I'm really curious about a more approachable version

In other gaming news I've put about 6 hours into Vampire Survivors in the past week, i initially scoffed at it but it's the perfect pre-work/lunchtime/5pm wind down game, its just so satisfying and only focusing on the movement is strangely cathartic

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Not looking forward to the Impatience that will come with a wider release. He's developing the UI version at blazing speeds. We're talking about a system nobody had any reason to believe was coming for at least another decade or two. Post regular updates, coming along nicely and at a snappy pace.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

See that's why Oblivion needs a re-release with tweaks. Horses don't actually level up with you and the rest of the world. All horses are loaded in as strong as a world that only had to worry about the smallest of goblins.

i always get a mod that makes my horses essential

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It might not be for everyone, but playing the current realized version of Dwarf Fortress, installing a tileset, and following a tutorial is a lot of fun, and you learn the systems in no time.

And if you don't install a tileset, it's like reading the matrix

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just play rimworld so you don't have to worry about the z axis, the worst axis

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

here's an update from... today: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/975370/view/3183492026701464510

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Tried out that Eiyuden Chronicle game on Gamepass, thinking it was a spiritual sequel to Suikoden. As it turns out, it is an action-rpg set in the same world as the forthcoming spirital sequel to Suikoden, which is also called Eiyden Chronicle.
the game gives a really bad first impression, it looks very cheap, the characters barely animate and the dialogue is horrible.
However, I did find the actual gameplay enoyable. It is similiar to the sidescrolling Ys games, you run trough forests and mines and there is a simple combo system with a secondary character (I only have one, a kangaroo-man so far).
I don't know if I'll play it whole lot more, but it is some brainless fun between FF14 sessions for now.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Posted
Thu, April 28, 2022
@
3:09 AM CEST

:thunk:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Just play rimworld so you don't have to worry about the z axis, the worst axis

Personally I think the axis from ww2 was worse but that's just my opinion

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
rimworld is so terrible and the ugliest possible game (competing hard with prison architect) and shouldn't be brought up near dwarf fortress

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'd rather briefly glance at a funko pop on purpose than look at rimworld

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well that's your opinion and I'm ok with that. Looks like you have some growing up to do

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thinking about playing a game tonight, not sure tho

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my brain ran out of juice so i doubt i'll be playing anything tonight

Netrunner
Aug 31, 2019

I’ll definitely be playing Atelier Ryza tonight. I dropped the game a while back and decided to test it on the Deck last night. I have become addicted to alchemy.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m gonna play Tomba when I get home

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i started american mcgee's alice and i might play more of that, or i've been meaning to put more time into library of ruina because it's a pretty neat game

i might also go full zone-out mode and just play too many runs of rogue legacy 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You should instead play American McGee's incredibly bad Doom levels and also American McGee's Bad Day L.A.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Last time I tried to game I spent four hours making the perfect Sims family and then forgot to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been playing daggerfall and I'm not having fun but I've been playing daggerfall anyway