Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

triple sulk posted:

PNC Arena sucks rear end any way

I had a nice time at the Hurricanes game I went to, the crowd is good and it can feel small (in a good way), but the stadium is definitely on the older/shittier end of the spectrum and there's absolutely nothing to do around it before or after the game, which is I guess why the fans tailgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Starsfan posted:

the only time I noticed loud audible booing on the tv feed was when they were introducing the Stars before game 3 and they said Rich Bowness's name and had his picture up on the jumbotron lol.. it was quite noticeable

You very much did not hear the booing I heard on the Sportsnet feed when it was clear the crowd was sick of Dallas’s power play. Even the commentators mentioned it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oops we called too many legit penalties last game, better stop calling any now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

poemdexter posted:

I went to the playoff game last night and it felt like the biggest waste of money after watching how poorly the stars played. Dunno if you could hear it on the tv, but there was a lot of booing of the home team.

I was there. I heard it, all of it.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

The Black Stones posted:

You very much did not hear the booing I heard on the Sportsnet feed when it was clear the crowd was sick of Dallas’s power play. Even the commentators mentioned it.

I may have zoned out during their power plays and just let the despair wash over me

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
There has been a fuckton of 4-on-4 during the playoffs since the refs like to assign matching minors after every scrum, and it has just been the dullest poo poo ever. There seems to be a tacit agreement that 4-on-4 time is break time and if you don't try too hard to score we won't either.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

I was there. I heard it, all of it.

The cherry on top of the evening was our section won free whataburger and they never came by to gave us anything.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

poemdexter posted:

The cherry on top of the evening was our section won free whataburger and they never came by to gave us anything.

Holy poo poo, I can't believe it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Is this the moment that the Leafs figure it out?

No they were bad but Tampa completely let them off the mat by taking a ton of bad penalties and Campbell was simply fantastic

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Heroic coaching effort by Keefe to bring the team back, make adjustments, and inspire them after that horrible start.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
What a great game for the Leafs. That's a game that lasts forever if the Leafs win some more.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

Heroic coaching effort by Keefe to bring the team back, make adjustments, and inspire them after that horrible start.

Koopa Kid posted:

Broadcast is talking about Matthews playing 9 minutes in the period like it’s a good thing, it’s obvious to the entire world that he can’t shoot, the team’s still down 1 and he’s going to be completely gassed in the third. Keefe still running his team like a junior coach.
:wink:

... and a view:

Indeed, Mr. Matthews.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Would be nice if the Leafs figure it out than make it.... 10? blown closeout games in a row

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

There has been a fuckton of 4-on-4 during the playoffs since the refs like to assign matching minors after every scrum, and it has just been the dullest poo poo ever. There seems to be a tacit agreement that 4-on-4 time is break time and if you don't try too hard to score we won't either.

The Leafs chortle at such ignorance

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

:wink:

... and a view:

Indeed, Mr. Matthews.

I will say, I did not expect his reaction to being stymied and not having the usual zip on his wrister to simply switch to crushing dudes along the boards and having it work out. But I appreciated it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Leafs had to pick up a win so they could lose in game 7

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

e: not the GDT

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 11, 2022

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Leafs had to pick up a win so they could lose in game 7

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Congrats to Toronto for proving the naysayers wrong tonight -- you do not, in fact, need to play a full 60 minutes to win in the playoffs.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1524159959868522498

:):respek::gritin:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/LeafsJelly/status/1524212480955883520?t=8HUj24c6dxURxOAB2ri7gw&s=19

It's a crime that Joe Bowen isn't calling games on my tv

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I feel like I shouldn't be surprised because lol Edmonton, but this LA-Edmonton series is shocking to me. The Kings are so bad.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

An amazing suit worn by Barry Melrose tonight, it absolutely defies description

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The Great Barry Melrose has a personality like a glove that’s been used for six months and then passed down to some kid who used it for another six months on frozen ponds

I remember back when he used to be able to speak with some volume and had his great mullet but today he’s an old man who has no teeth and has little brain cells left, why are they still having him on as an announcer

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
Darnell Nurse with a headbutt:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

TeamJesus posted:

Darnell Nurse with a headbutt:

Jesus, that's brutal, should hopefully be a suspension.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fermun posted:

Jesus, that's brutal, should be a $5,000 fine, the maximum allowable under the CBA.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
how do the oilers do it every year

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

corn on the cop posted:

it's almost like they're bad

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

It's because they opted to wear their terrible 3rd jerseys

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's because they opted to sign Kane

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah yeah, that too
There's usual business amorality and then there's tempting fate like that

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

It's because it's the Oilers

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Oh neat, accessing past avatars is a lot easier these days

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Kaprizov is the best player on the ice but the rest of the Wild haven't been particularly great

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mike_V posted:

Kaprizov is the best player on the ice but the rest of the Wild haven't been particularly great

Fleury has been crap. .906 sv pct, 3.04 GAA, -1 GSAA. Dudes been giving up huge juicy rebounds.

And St.Louis are good enough to make Minnesota pay for it.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
tarasenko showed up at an optimal time

also kaprizov might be the best player in the league

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Mike_V posted:

The Gaudreau-Fiala-Boldy line may as well not even have dressed for as much as they’re doing this series. It’s bad when the fourth line is more noticeable in a series, but they’ve been okay even. Lots of D zone starts to winning O zone face offs.

Blues PP is just lethal and Tarasenko was great last night.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Jhet posted:

The Gaudreau-Fiala-Boldy line may as well not even have dressed for as much as they’re doing this series. It’s bad when the fourth line is more noticeable in a series, but they’ve been okay even. Lots of D zone starts to winning O zone face offs.

Blues PP is just lethal and Tarasenko was great last night.

Did not see Frederick Gaudreau becoming a top 6 player at age 29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Did not see Frederick Gaudreau becoming a top 6 player at age 29
Almost every Wild forward had a career year.