Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JEFF VS BOB 0 0%
BCC VS AFO 3 2.86%
WARDLOW VS W MORRISSEY 3 2.86%
JERICHO VS SANTANA 2 1.90%
LUCHA ANGEL VS REY FENIX 93 88.57%
DEONNA VS MERCEDES 4 3.81%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

roh - very honorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
ruh roh [spoken in a Scooby Doo voice]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ruh Roh.

E:

Kennel posted:

AWW SON OF A BITCH

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Logo trademark applications usually look pretty bad IIRC.

https://twitter.com/WilliamRBR/status/1524376598073405441

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That all out logo looks bootleg as hell, I love it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Looks like something a brick left on the hood of my car.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Mr. Squishy posted:

Stat's gimmick change is incorporating a surprising number of references to the Bee Gees. The Big Bang Theory had been renamed Night Fever, and she signs "More than a woman" as part of her entrance now. Evil Stat is actually disco-fan Stat.

Man, that's a Tragedy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kennel posted:

(a)ew

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

BDawg posted:

Man, that's a Tragedy.

Personally I think they're just Jive Talkin'.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.sescoops.com/news/aew-grand-slam-returning-in-2022/

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Terrible

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It looks like the TBS logo

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

mooseinfants posted:

It looks like the TBS logo

Very funny.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

Now that's a loving wrestling show

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

Quite a show tonight

i'm so excited right now

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Not a tag match in sight, we love to see it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mons Hubris posted:

To compensate, Elevation will feature a six women tag, a ten men tag, and a dance-off between AFO and Dark Order.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Brandon responds to his Waluigi allegations
https://clips.twitch.tv/MildCharmingDillCeilingCat-KYdpAXWkKKNvNw35

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

MorningMoon posted:

To compensate, Elevation will feature a six women tag, a ten men tag, and a dance-off between AFO and Dark Order.

Sounds like a great episode.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dynamite is finally here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zq10MgbAcM

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah, for a promotion with a lot of emphasis on tag wrestling there hasn't been much of it going on lately. At least two of the matches tonight could have implications for the tag division, I guess?

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I raced home from work, but it is not on my tv yet, that was a very evil lie

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

"some jericho bullshit" lol

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Beautiful

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lmfao

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, for a promotion with a lot of emphasis on tag wrestling there hasn't been much of it going on lately. At least two of the matches tonight could have implications for the tag division, I guess?

Maybe Jungle Boy could win the FTW title and then a stipulation could be added to the tag title match that if Starks pins Jungle Boy he also gets the FTW title back. One guy having to specifically pin another guy in a tag match to get what he wants would be a fun stipulation.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

they said they'd be back after last year

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Bah gawd get me some Blue Chew" is killing me

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
this is like if the king double ceramic knife guy learned english from listening to jim ross compilations

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ethan's last vlog is starting in a minute.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jeff on Giant Bomb was doing some goofy stuff with this JR generator but I didn't catch the name of whatever he was using. Is there some app or a site or API somewhere that powers it?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Jeff on Giant Bomb was doing some goofy stuff with this JR generator but I didn't catch the name of whatever he was using. Is there some app or a site or API somewhere that powers it?

I used uberduck.ai, there's a bunch of stuff on there

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

Ethan's last vlog is starting in a minute.

He had the worst vlog of all the vlogs until Sammy’s nosedove into the shitter, however I fully expect this to be a fakeout with an imminent replacement since he’s still shilling his patreon for stuff like the toy hunt videos.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Chinston Wurchill posted:

They're running two singles tournaments concurrently so it's not that surprising

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao .@ blie hchew. hahaha

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Made some typos sorry

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

History Comes Inside! posted:

I fully expect this to be a fakeout with an imminent replacement since he’s still shilling his patreon for stuff like the toy hunt videos.

It's not a fakeout, apart from the vlogs he has already promised (like him and Ruby going to Sheetz) he will no longer be doing his weekly standard vlog.
He will still be doing the toy hunt vlogs though, and committing to doing them weekly.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Huh, it's only like two weeks ago that he was interviewed about the rise of pro-wrestling vlogs

quote:

Like Cervantes, a number of the wrestling vloggers work for the AEW group. Among them is 32-year-old Ethan Page (75,000 subscribers). Page, who studied television broadcasting at college and worked as a video editor and graphic designer, started posting his own music videos to YouTube nine years ago. He began occasional vlogs about his life as a pro wrestler around five years back and committed to a more regular schedule around three years ago.

“It was my wife’s idea,” Page says. “She’s a really big YouTube consumer and fan, and every time I would tell her about what’s happening while I’m on the road, she’d say, ‘This would be very interesting to your fans, and you could build an audience outside of wrestling.’”

Page was hesitant at first. “I didn’t think my life was interesting at all,” he says. “It’s so normal to me because that’s the people I’m surrounded by, and I grew up around it.” (Page has been wrestling since the age of 16.) “Eventually, I realized we’re all insane and all crazy,” he continues, “and it would be cool for me to document that in a very easily digestible way.”

The videos — which Page edits himself — have been a resounding success. Page says many people in his YouTube audience aren’t even wrestling fans; they’re drawn to videos in which he travels around independent toy stores around the U.S. in search of rare figures. Some of that crowd, he says, end up “turning their TV on to watch AEW.”

He says the vlogs also serve another purpose: “The fact I’m not home as often as I’d like to be means it will be interesting for [my kids] in a couple of years to look back and say: ‘Oh, this is what our dad was doing.’”

Like all digital creators, wrestling YouTubers struggle with the grind of producing content for their audience. “I don’t sleep often,” admits Page, who has committed to posting two vlogs a week. “There are times I dread having to open my laptop and actually start having to do a vlog.”

Still, Page convinced fellow AEW wrestler Evil Uno (real name: Nicolas Dansereau), 34, to pick up a camera. “[Fans] get to see the travails and understand the hardships of going from city to city,” says Uno, who — like Cervantes — hires an editor to cut together his weekly vlogs. “I think it gives a further appreciation for what we do, and also as individual performers.”

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ethan Page's wife responding "oh, that would be interesting to your fans" when he starts telling her about his day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Get me a Blue Chew lol