Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Froghammer posted:

I dunno, I feel like if I scratch the surface on cryptid conspiracy theories there would be a whole trove of "the people making sure the scientific community dismisses Bigfoot studies on principle? IT'S THE JEWS"

Actually, it’s the Smithsonian. They’re hiding all the giant human bones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Marsupial Ape posted:

#171 for more info. :eng101:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The pause after the caller asked Alex who Q is was so long that I thought Dan stopped the clip before Alex started talking again

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Marsupial Ape posted:

They should just hide their giant human bones in your mom, like the rest of us do

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Your Gay Uncle posted:

They should just hide their giant human bones in your mom, like the rest of us do

There's always dad.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I doubt it would come up on the show, but cryptocurrencies in general seem to be in free-fall. When Jones accepted the 26 bitcoin on April 28th, the price of those in USD was about $1,033,323.20, or $39,743.20 per individual bitcoin. As of today, that amount of bitcoin would be worth only about $745,433.00, or individually at $28,670.50 per bitcoin. Alex sent the first batch of bitcoin elsewhere almost immediately. (SPLC doesn't exactly know where, aside from "elsewhere" in general.) When he got the second bitcoin input on April 30th, Alex transferred that money elsewhere on May 3rd, when individual bitcoin were valued at $37,720.00 per. Bitcoin began its free-fall almost the day after that.

It is incredibly likely that Alex tried to convert the bitcoin into USD as soon as he got it, given that he has a clear and obvious pressing need for liquid assets. Though the problem in doing that is that bitcoin's connectivity to real money was always tenuous, so I can't help but wonder if Alex was in a rush to convert into a lot of USD right away, but that USD might not have been available, what are the chances he caused the crash? There are a few other explanations, of course. This is happening to cryptocurrencies in general, rather than to any specific flavour of thereof. Since interest rates were raised in the previous year, actual investors were likely ready to transfer their activity into assets much safer than bitcoin as soon as the tax season was over. Had he held onto the bitcoin for any longer, Alex's supposed crypto-millions would've devalued by about 25%.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Morroque posted:

what are the chances he caused the crash?

Alex cashed out like 0.0001% of bitcoin in circulation, he didn't cause the crash.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, to be clear the cryptocurrency crash has to do with a hilariously dumber thing involving a supposed "stablecoin" not being stable at all and the panic resulting from that. It would be funny if Alex didn't manage to cash out before the crash though.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

"stablecoin" not being stable

This is the most bitcoin thing to happen to bitcoin.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I just got reminded of the time Alex said "I pump my own gas, I buy my own groceries, and I kick my own rear end."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
CT and TX plaintiffs have reached an agreement with the attorney for the bankruptcy trust. Claims against InfoW, LLC, InfoHealth, LLC, and PrisonPlanetTV, LLC will be dismissed with prejudice and those debtors will not oppose the motions for remand.

They have some other debtors they're going to try to pay off, but it looks like Sandy Hook families are going to be back on their way to trial.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm not a law-talker, isn't getting cases dismissed bad for Sandy Hook parents?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm not a law-talker, isn't getting cases dismissed bad for Sandy Hook parents?

No. The lawsuits are against Jones personally and his entire enterprise of shell companies. Judges have already found those companies to just be alter egos of Jones, so there is no hiding behind any particular one to avoid personal liability.

All three of the bankrupt companies have filed in bankruptcy court that they have no assets or income and are nothing but shell companies. Dismissing empty shell companies doesn't change the overall litigation against Jones. Because these are empty bankrupt companies, as well, Jones can't just try to put $100m into the shells the moment they're dismissed. Courts would rescind such a transaction.

The TX plaintiffs did this the moment InfoW, LLC filed for bankruptcy because it was the only bankrupt entity that was a defendant in that court. They still have their suit against Jones and Free Speech Systems, LLC which are the two that have all the money. If either of them wants to file bankruptcy and actually disclose assets, I'm sure the parents would be happy to go to bankruptcy court.

The news here is that the bankrupt entities are not opposing the remand - the cases are going back to trial court. We may see documents filed re: stipulated remand as soon as this afternoon for CT plaintiffs and probably early next week for TX ones.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

#234 Dan goes on a rant for a few minutes about how he hates the movie Elf. And I am all in for it

I think for the pure randomness and unexpectedness it's my favorite podcast.

I was listening to the last episode on Endgame and Dan just out of nowhere going into a 10 min narration about absurdist journalists from the UK was a loving joy. He really is the perfect podcaster.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
“What does InfoWars LLC do?”

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr. Nice! posted:

The news here is that the bankrupt entities are not opposing the remand - the cases are going back to trial court. We may see documents filed re: stipulated remand as soon as this afternoon for CT plaintiffs and probably early next week for TX ones.
Can you elaborate on this in non-lawyer terms? From the sound of this it seems like Alex's lawyers are giving up on the bankruptcy gambit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Froghammer posted:

Can you elaborate on this in non-lawyer terms? From the sound of this it seems like Alex's lawyers are giving up on the bankruptcy gambit.

They really didn't have any leg to stand on here. This was a deliberate tactic to delay the jury trials and it worked to an extent, but they really knew they could not withstand the motion to dismiss. So, instead, Jones' team is going to try to spin up some different purpose for the bankruptcy to settle some other debts not related to sandy hook. Who the gently caress knows what their intention is other than something to save face and make it look less like a deliberate scheme. Either way, barring some shenanigans, we should have agreed motions to remand dropping on the bankruptcy docket which the judge will sign promptly.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I hate knowing that Buffalo will be another false flag that Alex can insist the Globalists will use to take away the freedems. It’s so hatefully awful and so numbingly predictable.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's full on, 100%, verbatim, white replacement theory coming straight out of Infowars and Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour but they'll lie about it and get away with it. This stochastic terrorism killing spree is exactly what they want and they can completely deny it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Love me a Mark Bankston episode

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mark Bankston revealing that Alex Jones has fully funded the plaintiffs' case via sanctions made my day

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Having Mark on for what is otherwise a pretty normal episode of KF is great.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Dude posted:

Having Mark on for what is otherwise a pretty normal episode of KF is great.

Yeah, it was nice hearing someone react to Alex like a normal person would.

They should have more guests on just to watch them lose their minds

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This sucks, but at least he got to see the fuckers that defamed him get pummeled in front of the world. I wonder how this affects the defamation trial
https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1526971008908918791

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dangerous Person posted:

The pause after the caller asked Alex who Q is was so long that I thought Dan stopped the clip before Alex started talking again

I have a consistent issue listening to this podcast on my phone where I never know if a long period of dead air means my stream is buffering, I've hit a dead zone, or Alex sucks at being on the radio.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Wanderer posted:

I have a consistent issue listening to this podcast on my phone where I never know if a long period of dead air means my stream is buffering, I've hit a dead zone, or Alex sucks at being on the radio.

loving same. I use to edit a podcast and I am over sensitive about dead air. I always think my Bluetooth poo poo the bed.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Marsupial Ape posted:

loving same. I use to edit a podcast and I am over sensitive about dead air. I always think my Bluetooth poo poo the bed.

I was on high school radio for four years, and that was the one consistent thing they drilled into our heads. They made it sound like the station was the bus from Speed and dead air would trigger the bomb.

As a result, one of the more surreal things about InfoWars to me is the frequency and length of dead air during its broadcasts.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Wanderer posted:

I was on high school radio for four years, and that was the one consistent thing they drilled into our heads. They made it sound like the station was the bus from Speed and dead air would trigger the bomb.

As a result, one of the more surreal things about InfoWars to me is the frequency and length of dead air during its broadcasts.

Alex Jones is done speaking when the commercial interrupts him or he walks away from the desk and everyone knows that. Everything else is part of the sermon.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Someone someone sodomite sent me a bucket of poop

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Skipping semi-randomly through the backlog, I make little sub-goals of finding out which episode some of the clips they use came from. Like right now I'm hunting for "and here come the sex robots".

Also I just started going through the early Camelot episodes and the reveal of what Captain Mark Richards did is hilarious. (And it lead me to the equally hilarious Dollop episode about him.)

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Hobnob posted:

Like right now I'm hunting for "and here come the sex robots".

I mean I can tell you what episode it was unless you want to be surprised.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Hobnob posted:

Skipping semi-randomly through the backlog, I make little sub-goals of finding out which episode some of the clips they use came from. Like right now I'm hunting for "and here come the sex robots".

Also I just started going through the early Camelot episodes and the reveal of what Captain Mark Richards did is hilarious. (And it lead me to the equally hilarious Dollop episode about him.)

Whenever I suggest KF to somebody, that's the podcast I start them with. "Ok, there's going to be a left turn in there. I am not saying when or what it is, but text me when it takes that turn".

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I got my partner to listen to that one cold and their screaming at the reveal fully matched Jordan's, it was excellent.

"he WHAT"

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Tree Dude posted:

I mean I can tell you what episode it was unless you want to be surprised.

Thanks, but yeah, the hunt is part of the fun.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'd like to know

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Dangerous Person posted:

I'd like to know

The spreadsheet says it's an Out of Context Drop in episode 553. I listened to the start of the show and they played a different ooc drop so this is probably one of those instances where Dan remembers later that he pulled a clip and just drops it in randomly

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Whenever I suggest KF to somebody, that's the podcast I start them with. "Ok, there's going to be a left turn in there. I am not saying when or what it is, but text me when it takes that turn".

Which episode is this?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

neurotech posted:

Which episode is this?

It’s the first Mark Richards episode in the space weirdo play list. Check out the OP.

And new first time listeners, please let us know where you heard about the show. I have a very short view out side of my personal media bubble.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Marsupial Ape posted:

It’s the first Mark Richards episode in the space weirdo play list. Check out the OP.

And new first time listeners, please let us know where you heard about the show. I have a very short view out side of my personal media bubble.

Do you mean the Suggested Starting Episode? It's a dead link to me

Edit: You meant this one I think

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5rLHZi9UyKg5OyX72IA77r?si=po56F6A3TeyeNGNmYauyOA&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1&nd=1

Presumably #79

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Marsupial Ape posted:

I have lurked for a while but this is my path to them:
Started listening to history podcasts like Revolutions in 2019. Searched for more stuff like that and found Robert Evans’ It Could Happen Here from 2019. That led me to Behind the Bastards which introduced me to Knowledge Fight (and QAnon Anonymous).