Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

i remember when jesus sent 20,000 catapults to parthia so they could slaughter his hated roman enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Glenn here shows how the demon rats back Nazis. Oh the 57 opposed were all Republicans. Only they oppose arming Nazis. Unlike the Demon KKK Rats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1524394992734773248

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

incredible how democrats can whip votes for buying weapons but are helpless on everything else

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

180 days, need time

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

the democrats are going to be destroyed promptly and presently

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

healthcare: $0
education: $0
housing: $0
ukraine: $40 billion

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my party is dying

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mind_Taker posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my party is dying

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mind_Taker posted:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Literally no different than Christian fanatics in the Republican Party

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's very funny that she'd say this when mothers cannot find formula for their babies in america and she is not even aware of the issue at all despite it being all over national news. absolutely no self awareness or any other kind of awareness except for awareness of what her billionaire owners have ordered her to do

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
here's a big surprise for everyone

https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/1524414354262790144

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

she loves that line huh

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/cnsnewscom-staff/nancy-pelosi-when-i-was-naked-you-clothed-me-all-those-things

quote:

(CNSNews.com) - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) quoted from the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins from the Gospel of Matthew at a press event focused on public housing that she held in San Francisco on Friday with San Francisco Mayor London Breed.

“Madam Mayor, it's always a joy to be with you while we're talking about low-income housing, affordable housing, public housing and the rest, and to hear you speak from your own personal experience about it,” Pelosi said.

“‘When I was hungry, you fed me. When I was homeless, you gave me shelter. When I was naked, you clothed me.’ All of those things in the Gospel of Matthew, the Mayor brings to the experience,” Pelosi said.

“Madam Mayor, thank you for your tremendous leadership and how that experience has benefited so many people,” she said.

“And just viewing this project at Sunnydale, it's about respect. Respect for the tenants–they are the VIPs,” said Pelosi. “We're here to speak, but they are the VIPs, whose needs we're here to meet and to meet in a way that is respectful and recognizes that some families are multi-generation – grandparents, family, children – and therefore three bedroom, access to bathrooms for, just accessible in every way.

“And that's–I say this because it is a model for the country,” said Pelosi. “It is a model for the country to see how San Francisco deals with this.”

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

MLSM posted:

Literally no different than Christian fanatics in the Republican Party

Some of those Christian Fanatics opposed sending guns to the nazis. Unlike the Demon KKK rats.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Laterite posted:

ultramaga ok

i get this reference

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ex post facho posted:

I hate Nancy so much lmao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is that line suggesting Pelosi views her vote akin to the generosity/grandiosity of god?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, she won't even endorse cisneros.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does "voters decide who they're going to elect" come across as anything other than "we're ineffectual, we have no effect on party leadership or decisions. Or anything really we're like ghosts. let your concerns about our fundamental competence even at trying to keep our own jobs propel you to the ballot box to vote republican for the first time ever"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, she won't even endorse cisneros.

I was actually annoyed that Mehdi didn't name the challenger, like give her some free airtime (3 seconds) dude!

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

THS2 posted:

incredible how democrats can whip votes for buying weapons but are helpless on everything else

Yeah it's pretty incredible

Kind of like the mystery of why the Washington Generals all appear to have no idea how to play basketball but every one of them had a college or semi-pro ball career beforehand

Some but of information is missing there but I suppose it is unknowable

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
folks,,,

our democracy is under attack in ways that we have no intention of ever doing anything about. we're going to need you to open your hearts, and your wallets, to help us do nothing about this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol this is so many words to say "the party does not actually care about abortion rights"

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

copy posted:

lol this is so many words to say "the party does not actually care about abortion rights"

could they not just pretend to care? we all know that they don't care, but it amazes me that they aren't even trying to feign empathy. If they put real effort into that it would seriously help them in the midterms. I know I shouldn't expect anything, but a small part of me always does, and is always disappointed.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's just outside their set of core issues, turns out

those being,

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

C-Euro posted:

Was it this one? I don't think they interview any former Pelosi staffers but it has the same message as what you posted-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2019/07/05/feature/haunted-by-the-reagan-era/

AOC's line about the GOP having been clowns for her entire life hits especially close to home for me, with the 2000 election being the first political event of my life where I kind of understood what was going on.

quote:

“Those ethnic, blue collar voters, what we refer to as ‘Reagan Democrats,’ they are the people we need to turn the Electoral College on Trump,” Larry Rasky, a long-time consultant to Biden, told Politico in April, promising that Biden was the man who would end their decades-long flirtation with the GOP and bring them “back into the Democratic fold.”

That’s gonna be a lmao from me

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Manager Hoyden posted:

Yeah it's pretty incredible

Kind of like the mystery of why the Washington Generals all appear to have no idea how to play basketball but every one of them had a college or semi-pro ball career beforehand

Some but of information is missing there but I suppose it is unknowable

so, fun thing about globe trotters games - just like in pro wrestling the match between fully scripted set pieces is “real” (ish, they’re not going to be particularly aggressive, but still it’s a semi-pro scrimmage). the generals haven’t “won” since 1971 but they did win a few times in the 30s and 40s before that. the supposed story for the 1971 game was that nobody was paying attention to the specific score. the generals were down 99-97 and a generals player made a half court heave as time expired. I guess they’ve tightened up their act since.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I remember reading a story from ex-players that the last time the Generals won they had to flee the court because they were getting booed so hard and people were throwing stuff. One of them said it was like they'd just killed Santa. Maybe that's why the Democrats always seem surprised and angry if they bumble into winning something.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/maxpcohen/status/1524486590193676291?s=20&t=sS1Y8_eMyqRC-fOJIuqc5w

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Mind_Taker posted:

try spending less on healthcare and education

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Note: we will fund primaries against pro choice democrats. This is normal

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mind_Taker posted:

You forgot israel

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

try spending less on healthcare and education

yes

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Lmao that our male feminist prime minister will absolutely not offer asylum to Americans.

I'm sure the CIA has made the existence of the heart attack gun known to our leaders since the Iraq war deserters.

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012
The democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022 👇👇

https://twitter.com/WHCOS/status/1448473693651341317

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
how goddamn out of touch do you have to be to regard inflation, which definitionally hits poor people harder than rich people, as a "high class" problem

e: and of course the supply chain point is deeply stupid as well since it's affecting everything, not just "high class" products or whatever

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/...ingawful.com%2F

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

at least twitter will be funny again when elon lets him back on

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

how goddamn out of touch do you have to be to regard inflation, which definitionally hits poor people harder than rich people, as a "high class" problem

e: and of course the supply chain point is deeply stupid as well since it's affecting everything, not just "high class" products or whatever

It's a rich person solution, not a problem. That extra money the poor are paying for bread goes directly into the rich mans pockets.

Or at least, it's supposed to if this was a real economy and not an undead financial sham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

smug jeebus posted:

How is she still doing this poo poo? How are people are still buying it?

brunch is legal now