Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tiger Millionaire posted:

also what the hell do I do as a medium/heavy tank when I'm put in the lobby as the lowest tier tank? I'm out ranged, outgunned and outmanoeuvred. At least as a light tank I can chill in a bush and spot.

Congratulations! You are now a sniper. Get somewhere that has good sight lines to large portions of the map and kemp bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Playing on a fresh account after last playing 8 years ago, having fun, though I'm definitely hitting the credit wall now I'm in tier 6.

If I were to buy 1 premium tank as a credit grinder, what's the suggestion?

also what the hell do I do as a medium/heavy tank when I'm put in the lobby as the lowest tier tank? I'm out ranged, outgunned and outmanoeuvred. At least as a light tank I can chill in a bush and spot.

They're selling the Berlin Quartet at the moment, which are all T6 and T7 tanks (arguably the new sweet spot) which come with "zero-skill" Brothers-in-Arms crews, meaning BiA is fixed and your second skill trains like the first (train Sixth Sense as your first commander skill).

The Cromwell B is arguably the best of them, even if it's a trainer only for British mediums which are kinda :nallears:.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Playing on a fresh account after last playing 8 years ago, having fun, though I'm definitely hitting the credit wall now I'm in tier 6.

How much would you like to spend, and more importantly what type of player are you?
Bush sniper(a lot of them), bush spotter (LT-432 or Even90), hulldown/corner heavy brawler, light player who just wants to drive around like a maniac (EBR 75, almost never on sale tho), fast mediums, heavy mediums, medium mediums (T-35-85M is a great first step)? Autoloader preference yes/no?

Also starting on Thursday is some kind of two week marathon/battle pass thing where you can get an interesting turreted TD. You could play a lot during that time, and buy the remaining progress out on the last day with gold.
If you're really unsure just buy the T-34-85M, it's 13€ something here in Euroland.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 8, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The "Rudy" is one of the best values but I don't think it's for sale right now.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Depends on what tank line you're going down and also what's on sale as posted already.

And when youre bottom tier, get somewhere behind the top tier heavies and mediums respectively. And don't be afraid to run away and or flank when the big boys are keeping the enemy tanks busy.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Right thanks all, I do enjoy playing light tanks the most but I'd just kinda assumed that a heavy premium/TD would be the best for creds grinding just because they can dish out the most damage. Waiting for a sale is a good idea, didn't even know the individual tanks go on sale that often

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Right thanks all, I do enjoy playing light tanks the most but I'd just kinda assumed that a heavy premium/TD would be the best for creds grinding just because they can dish out the most damage. Waiting for a sale is a good idea, didn't even know the individual tanks go on sale that often

They can be.

Looking at the website for what is on sale and honestly you are best waiting a little bit.

If you really wanted some good tanks that I can see. The 50TP is on there and is good.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The game has its "birthday" in August which is only three long short months away. That's usually commemorated with plenty of opportunities to spend money.

They also tend to sell the Rudy every 3-ish months.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The best premium tanks for grinding credits are the ones that you simply enjoy playing.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

BadLlama posted:

The best premium tanks for grinding credits are the ones that you simply enjoy playing.

Skorp /E-25 4 Lyfe

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

This is the objective truth.

You can buy the most OP broken piece of poo poo tanks in the game, but if they don't fit your playstyle, if you don't enjoy playing them, what's the point? For making credits any T8 premium is the best choice, pick whatever suits your fancy.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

^The playstyle thing definitely.

But also get the patriot from the bond shop if you collect enough of those. Even if it isn't really OP like it used to be the extremely low shell cost and good pen on top of the premium tank credit bonus means you will always make a bunch of creds if you are hitting anything at all.

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

If you can dig up you old account, you'll get a "well deserved reward": big infusion of credits, bonds, and other junk for having an old account. Plus, if you're still playing, you'll get another one in November. They do this every year.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Blaargh posted:

^The playstyle thing definitely.

But also get the patriot from the bond shop if you collect enough of those. Even if it isn't really OP like it used to be the extremely low shell cost and good pen on top of the premium tank credit bonus means you will always make a bunch of creds if you are hitting anything at all.

Yeah but a tier 8 heavy like that is no fun at all.
For a steady bond store money maker I'd rather look to the T-103. 3100 dpm out of a 130mm with higher standard pen than the SU-130, hard turret and gun depression. Goes 40 all days long.
Pretty much the improved Patriot.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A number of people in this thread have talked up the T-103 as a fun / good tank, but pretty much everywhere else it's been declared a piece of poo poo. Why do you guys think it's decent? I got a -20% coupon for getting a Lehväslaiho's Medal and the T-103 caught my eye.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Can't you get it for bonds?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Can't you get it for bonds?

Oh yeah I have like 35k of those.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

sauer kraut posted:

Yeah but a tier 8 heavy like that is no fun at all.
For a steady bond store money maker I'd rather look to the T-103. 3100 dpm out of a 130mm with higher standard pen than the SU-130, hard turret and gun depression. Goes 40 all days long.
Pretty much the improved Patriot.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the patriot will be easier for most people to play. Especially if they don't have other money makers.

Also that doesn't cover the part of the shells being cheap and making losses profitable.

Also you aren't the size of the birj khalifa with a tier 5 hull.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh yeah I have like 35k of those.

Ummm... either buy more equips, save for the chieftain, or get the 121B. Probably in that order.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Blaargh posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the patriot will be easier for most people to play. Especially if they don't have other money makers.

Also that doesn't cover the part of the shells being cheap and making losses profitable.

Also you aren't the size of the birj khalifa with a tier 5 hull.

The Patriot is a piece of crap without good aim & advanced stabs/rammer for tracking shots; and iron discipline in the hulldown game.
It's diabolical to recommend it in 2022, I scrapped mine at the turn in your clunker event.
I can't even remember when I last saw one, and I play a lot of prem8's.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 12, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I really wish someone would ~suggest~ to WG that during those trade-in events, there should be "special offers" for veteran accounts. I've got a few "duplicate" premiums I could stand getting rid of.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

The Patriot is a piece of crap without good aim & advanced stabs/rammer for tracking shots; and iron discipline in the hulldown game.
It's diabolical to recommend it in 2022, I scrapped mine at the turn in your clunker event.
I can't even remember when I last saw one, and I play a lot of prem8's.

I'm just talking about making a profit and warning about the balancing features on the TD. With the shell cost in the heavy you only have to pen half the time give or take to still make credits. You'll note the 'even on a loss' and 'low shell cost' bits being the point. It's by no means meta anymore but you'll have some field mods to fix the derp a bit in no time. If someone's familiar with any american heavies or mediums it's going to be about the same experience mid to close range. And no I'm not going to tell them to spend actual cash on it these days. Diabolical?

They're going to need to be good to not blow up in the with the 103 just the same time as the patriot in its own ways with the giant size, no camo, and the fling HE on me roof. The turret front is solid and great gun if they know how to work around that stuff though! Hell, I'm grabbing one as soon as I grind some more bonds probably.

Like was said before it's look at the different vehicles and go with what fits one's playstyle in the end, but some tanks will just math out to more credits on average.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CompeAnansi posted:

Ummm... either buy more equips, save for the chieftain, or get the 121B. Probably in that order.

Yeah I've been meaning to but I haven't decided on which equipment I want. And then there's also the possibility of grinding up to the second league in ranked one of these days and getting the Concept 1B or Kampfpanzer 50t.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You know, Wargaming, Italy had actual real tank destroyers as well. You could've used one of those.

Also lol at a 36 second inter-clip reload and then an 8 second intra-clip between each shot.

E:

that's quick, they already buffed it.

https://twitter.com/WorldofTanksEU/status/1524758395898707969

They improved the intra-clip from 8 seconds to 6.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 12, 2022

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Looks like a t28 proto with a clip.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:Remember that you need to manually activate the temporary battle pass chapter to get the Czech TD.:siren:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
If you're very close to 3000 points to spend on a BIA crew and wary of starting the chapter, don't be.
You can spend the marathon points as they come in, unlike the earlier chapters.

That said I'm never gonna be able to finish this, all my comfy tanks are maxed out on points and the dailies will only take you 1/3 of the way.
Already seeing a few Shputniks on EU, so far they seem like low alpha Borsigs. They eat HE about as fast as they can shoot it.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 12, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, if you average 5 points per battle and do all the daily missions, you're still going to have to play 26 battles per day to get the free TD.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

:siren:Remember that you need to manually activate the temporary battle pass chapter to get the Czech TD.:siren:

I bought the thing with gold. Thanks Wargaming.

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

Katamari Democracy posted:

I bought the thing with gold. Thanks Wargaming.
Does it come with a free "zero skill" BIA crew? The past marathon bundles have, but the web page is silent on this one...

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
No it's a useless normal crew.
And 5 BP points on average is optimistic, dunno how good the players here are but uh it's more like 3 for me since I have only crud with white equipment and old crews left :unsmith:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 13, 2022

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

sauer kraut posted:

No it's a useless normal crew.
And 5 BP points on average is optimistic, dunno how good the players here are but uh it's more like 3 for me since I have only crud with white equipment and old crews left :unsmith:

No, the crew that came with mine had BIA.

That is from first buying the Improved pass and then spending 10k gold getting the tank. I dunno if you can buy it with real money. I just saw you could do this because I have not played tanks in like 3 months.

Oh man I dropped tanks for three months and forgot that I was going down the Yoh line. Arnold has to be in something.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 13, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

No more Russian supertesters: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/05/11/the-supertest-is-coming-to-the-eu-server/

"You have close to a 50% overall winrate"

This explains so much.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/ODiPpJ3.mp4

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Katamari Democracy posted:

No, the crew that came with mine had BIA.

Oh man, thanks for clearing that up.
In the tank showroom thing where you can see that stats, modules etc it just says 'comes with a 100% crew' and nothing else.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

sauer kraut posted:

Oh man, thanks for clearing that up.
In the tank showroom thing where you can see that stats, modules etc it just says 'comes with a 100% crew' and nothing else.

I never want to sound patronizing to anyone here. But BIA is available for this tank on this marathon with improved Battle Pass.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Here's an 8 kill, 4k damage IS-2 game that I managed to grind out a win in. Clutch shooting in the final minute. Ignore the 2 rounds I bounced off an arty before then. :sweatdrop:

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I don't know what it is, but ever since I unlocked the BL-10 on the Obj. 704 I can't win any games. I swear there is a WG matchmaking policy that sees I am trying to grind through a line and once I have everything unlocked on a tank it sticks me in all the worst matchups just to extend the grind to unlock the next tank (I know that is not true, just my own personal wg conspiracy theory). Everything was fine with the 2nd tier gun, I had a 60% WR and enjoying the tank a lot now I can't wait to sell it.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 13, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

TracerM17 posted:

I don't know what it is, but ever since I unlocked the BL-10 on the Obj. 704 I can't win any games. I swear there is a WG matchmaking policy that sees I am trying to grind through a line and once I have everything unlocked on a tank it sticks me in all the worst matchups just to extend the grind to unlock the next tank (I know that is not true, just my own personal wg conspiracy theory). Everything was fine with the 2nd tier gun, I had a 60% WR and enjoying the tank a lot now I can't wait to sell it.

Can I get in on this tinfoil hat conspiracy club? Whenever I am nearing the end of a grind and need a few thousand xp to finish up a vehicle, the game lumps me in with the worst teams and MM possible. What should be said and done within two or three battles winds up taking ten, only for the tenth to be some ridiculous affair which sees me overshoot the requirement and find myself with several thousand xp locked on a vehicle as one more spiteful kick in the balls. Granted that this is less of an issue now that we have Field Modifications, but it keeps happening.

Edit:
Another tinfoil hat moment, the "noobshield", when poo poo players get those "magic pixel" saving rolls in an otherwise sure situation that would leave them as a crater. For those moments when you score 350 on some dickhead when you have a gun which rolls 390 on average, leaving the loving prick with 13HP. Sure enough:

Of course. Of course he gets another snifter of glue. Bastard.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good lord the state of the EU servers. Not only do we have to deal with the normal marathon mutants, but also it seems like all the insane assholes have crawled out to play.

My evening started with a light tank who announced at the start of the game that he's not scouting for anyone and parked in a corner to spam chat with slurs non-stop, and went worse from there.