Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Pryor on Fire posted:

Handmaid's Tale was (at the time) a pretty obvious spoof on the rise of the far right Christians in America along with the extreme Islamists and pointing out how similarly stupid they were. That was my take on it but I think that context is gone for most people now.
Isn’t it also written with a frame of “here’s a story about the bad old times, then things got better through the forward march of progress by [FOOTAGE MISSING]”?

no need to even VOTE, things just always get better inevitably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1524713768873304064?s=20&t=7HqSvvc_MTdVivni7O7qNw

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Democrats are still searching for a coherent strategy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Excelzior posted:

Yes.

Yes?

Hmm?

vote!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Excelzior posted:

10 years ago a crack idpol unit was sent to Congress by voters for values they didn't commit to. These women promptly escaped from responsibility. Today, still wanted for unknown reasons, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can afford to lobby them, maybe you can hire the Azov-Team.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/atf13atf/status/1524421936180338689

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol at the naked grift of it all

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

There's only so much I can do now, but the ceiling on this thing is big! Get in on the ground floor!

Marginally better than "President Tweety", but has the same problem as "Dangerous Donald" in that it makes him sound cool as hell. Great Maga King sounds like a Hindu deity or a Dark Souls boss

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i can barely pay my bills and these loving freaks are out here getting $50K PPP loans for their lovely podcasts. clearly i'm the idiot here.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1524437592359542788

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

all podcasters should be put in work camps for at least 2 years before they are allowed to make a living being podcasters

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

tmfc posted:

all podcasters should be put in work camps for at least 2 years before they are allowed to make a living being podcasters

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Excelzior posted:

they dont search very hard

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Im gonna save the dems in the fall. As a joke.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

every podcaster says its really hard but idk. having friends that have to see you every week and have long conversations with you sound nice to lonely understimulated me :qq:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

wait are we still talking about Russia or

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Khamenei is a lib

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Excelzior posted:

10 years ago a crack idpol unit was sent to Congress by voters for values they didn't commit to. These women promptly escaped from responsibility. Today, still wanted for unknown reasons, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can afford to lobby them, maybe you can hire the Azov-Team.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7dK5Yk17I4

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lmao these motherfuckers trying to write the paper while the teacher is coming around to collect it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

every podcaster says its really hard but idk. having friends that have to see you every week and have long conversations with you sound nice to lonely understimulated me :qq:

it would really suck to get paid to talk about my hobbies with my friends!!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Srice posted:

it would really suck to get paid to talk about my hobbies with my friends!!

yeah, making money off of things you enjoy turns them into a job and jobs suck

i enjoy talking to my friends because i don't have to produce two hours of content weekly based on our conversations

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kavanaugh could rape that woman again on 5th avenue and there wouldn't be any republican votes to impeach him.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cloks posted:

i enjoy talking to my friends because i don't have to produce two hours of content weekly based on our conversations

yeah making it into an obligation would be rough, but if I were making an okay amount of money I'd be happy to do it despite that factor. I already talk about movies with pals for several hours a week for free!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I was hungry and you gave me to bomb foreigners with $40 billion in missiles, and advised me to learn to code if I wanted a meal

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Cloks posted:

You couldn't squeeze 2 minutes of content out of whatever dumb poo poo you converse about

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

50 years of saying "we don't have to actually do anything cause we have Roe v Wade and it will be there forever" was apparently not a great strategy

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

In what way, exactly did Soviet leaders live like sultans?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

You couldn't squeeze 2 minutes of content out of whatever dumb poo poo you converse about

most podcasters don't. it's why they have to spend so much time telling you why the other podcaster is the enemy

5 minutes of "here's what democrats say" 10 minutes of "and it's republicans' fault that none of that can be done" and 45 minutes of sam screaming about jimmy or vice-versa

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Calibanibal posted:

You're wrong and I will tell you exactly why after I finish reading out this advertisement for Casper mattresses

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PhilippAchtel posted:

they don't give a drat about no trumpet playing band

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Majorian posted:

Barrett: "Don't threaten me with a good time!"

ikr

telling barrett that she's getting close to the handmaids tale is telling her she's doing a great job

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fAQhSRLQnM

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Working hard!

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

PhilippAchtel posted:

Iranian supreme leader is projecting bro

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Excelzior posted:

You're wrong and I will tell you exactly why after I finish reading out this advertisement for Casper mattresses

thanks mike duncan

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

where’s my loving money you sons of bitches

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nataliewsj/status/1524773334382264320?s=20&t=Z1zc_2yVqTNBRRBccPWObg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

complete and total exoneration!