Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah. There's really no point in making ADR content hard because the kind of person the content is designed for will never be able to do the mechanics and it punishes everyone else with a much worse time.

How many people do you still see die in Aglaia to Rhalgr's attack Broken World falling off the edge of the world. Alliance Roulettes need to be pretty easy and flashy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

We need floating moogles that shoot lasers

Floating moogles with guns

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I kind of like where their alliance raid difficulty is, ie "able to be completed with half the party dead" because then they can throw all the insta-kill mechanics they want in there and add a fun amount of chaos. they can throw in mechanics that can get other people killed if you do them wrong because it literally doesn't matter, you'll all get rezed eventually and there's no enrage timer. So it punishes you for failing mechanics by killing you, but doesn't punish the whole raid by causing a wipe, its kind of a cool intro to raiding

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

While the average alliance raid goes very smoothly, the Ivalice and Nier raids can still regularly turn into mass casualty events and frankly seeing that happen and players deal with it is half the fun of doing them

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm convinced they wrote something into the code for the launcher that pretends the player puts their password in wrong the first time

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

While the average alliance raid goes very smoothly, the Ivalice and Nier raids can still regularly turn into mass casualty events and frankly seeing that happen and players deal with it is half the fun of doing them

The only time when you get to do your job as healer in normal content is when things so south, I love a big disaster in the raid chucking you into triage mode

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Cleared 4.2 and The Burn, stream of thoughts:

Four Lords ruled, they played me like a drat fiddle, I shouted NOOOOO when Broroban sacrificed himself.

Real good build up and pay off for Asahi calling you savior of the savages and my character looking at him like he just slapped me with his glove. I'm a tiny au ra gal and we see eye to eye, I wonder how this plays out with lalafell or roe with this little fucker going full aggro.

Me, an idiot: A played straight amnesia plot? Come on now. I am far too sophisticated for this old trope.

Me, an idiot, eyes wet much later: As the thread said this game really makes you feel bad for homicidal psychopaths.

When the crystal coffins opened I said OH gently caress out loud, story good at pulling you in, the ride is wonderful. You know a story has you when you get shocked or plead with your monitor due to the events happening on-screen.

Fighting Tsukiyomi hype levels: 150%
Suffering Phase Begins: 200%
Post-Suffering Meaner/Faster Mechanics: 250%
SPIRIT OF GOSETSU RUSHES SPIRIT OF ZENOS: 1000% HYPE

He's the best character and I can't wait to bump into him later in some 5.0 or 6.0 post patch aaaaaaaaa

loving Hien showing up with his atomic dead pan jokes that make me laugh every time. "All of them?" "It would seem you have prevailed." BRO IM TRYING NOT TO WEEP AND YOU WALK UP AND HIT ME WITH THAT OVER TWO PLOT CRITICAL CORPSES LMAO, I love this brash young lord.

I loved my character looking at Asahi like Hank Hill about to kick Dale's rear end. I really loved him getting his, too!

And heeeeey super hype at the twists for Zenos' body and Ascians doing anything interesting! Speaking of shouted "Blue Alisaie what the gently caress" when dude volunteered to go to Garlemald. Story is real good at shaking things up since the days of ARR!

Video game good. Just a few more post patch storylines to go and apparently they get better and never stop getting better? Licking my lips and wiggling my fingers at the succulent feast before me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doomykins posted:

:hai:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All the amnesia plots in FFXIV suck, sorry you have bad taste.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Doomykins posted:

It's imo not the hypest fight moment from Stormblood but it's real fuckin close.

Her internalized, idealized concept of Gosetsu trying to rescue her still. :unsmith:

And then Nightbloom hits as the lead in to Wayward Daughter begins and she just goes full gently caress Everything. :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That fight isn't one of my favorite fights mechanically but that particular part of the fight is one of my favorites emotionally

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it's a shame the entirety of that phase is still in the extreme version

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Doomykins posted:

[Spoiler]Four Lords ruled, they played me like a drat fiddle, I shouted NOOOOO when Broroban sacrificed himself.

Real good build up and pay off for Asahi calling you savior of the savages and my character looking at him like he just slapped me with his glove. I'm a tiny au ra gal and we see eye to eye, I wonder how this plays out with lalafell or roe with this little fucker going full aggro.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

If there aren't some Nu Gundam lookin funnels, er, nouliths I will be disappointed.

The Crystal PVP Sage weapons are HiNu as gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The chicken suit has to be the funniest glam probably tied with bedsheet ghost glam.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Doomykins posted:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Hydaelyn's Tits I'm in hysterics! :laffo:

They think of everything, I love it. I always wonder how the camera moves for others when it pans to the side and down slightly for my 4'9" rear end.

With the roe it looks like he's trying to tell his mom he will be staying up until 11 tonight. :smug:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 12, 2022

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Too bad about Yotsuyu’s VA losing her mind during that fight and sounding like a weirdo

Real Christopher Nolan Batman situation

RME
Feb 20, 2012

It’s crazy how orbonne can have echo on the entire instance and we do more damage at 70 baseline yet it’s so loving glacial

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Badger of Basra posted:

Too bad about Yotsuyu’s VA losing her mind during that fight and sounding like a weirdo

The voice lines in that fight are some of the best in the game, what?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Badger of Basra posted:

So a choice made by an actor and agreed upon by the director and producers?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yotsuyu's VA getting weird with it is one of the highlights of the fight, sometimes you just got to really be the Witch of Doma

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

rantmo posted:

So a choice made by an actor and agreed upon by the director and producers?

Choices can be bad!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Badger of Basra posted:

Choices can be bad!

Sure, but to lay the blame solely on the actor is kinda lovely.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just like opinions!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Seems like a pretty reasonable time for someone to lose their mind, tbh.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This is, above all other things, a Final Fantasy game. I want my FF villains in the throes of some ghastly transformation to start chewing the scenery like it's a tokusatsu audition.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vermain posted:

This is, above all other things, a Final Fantasy game. I want my FF villains in the throes of some ghastly transformation to start chewing the scenery like it's a tokusatsu audition.

:yeah:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
She was literally becoming The Witch Of Doma, that was the point, she's supposed to sound weird and batshit because she was everything her people feared about her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah the entire point is that she is being theatrical. She is playing a role on a stage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No Dignity posted:

Yotsuyu's VA getting weird with it is one of the highlights of the fight, sometimes you just got to really be the Witch of Doma

The voice callouts in the back half of that fight are amazing. Just fully leans into Maleficent meets Rita Repulsa and it works because Yotsuyu / Tsukuyomi has decided to embrace being bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

meteor9 posted:

The voice lines in that fight are some of the best in the game, what?

Seriously what an insane opinion lmao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah that fight owns presentation wise and the phase 2 lines are particularly fun.

WORM!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Suffused with niGHT I SHALL PREVAIIIIIIIL

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

So many of the best boss fights in this game are enhanced by the actors going full ham, and Yotsuyu is no exception.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Tsukuyomi is probably one of the coolest fights for the plot's integration into the battle itself. Personally, I like how if you're looking close, the Specter of Asahi is saying "it should have been me!" while fighting, which you wouldn't understand until the cutscene after the fight.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hopeandjoy posted:

So many of the best boss fights in this game are enhanced by the actors going full ham, and Yotsuyu is no exception.

That intro voice line to the level 90 trial. :allears:

Good voice work lifts up otherwise bland fights too. Zurvan would be one of the most forgettable trials in the game without the magnificent scenery chewing.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
The way Tsukuyomi opens her last phase rasping "in darkness blooms the spider lily" sticks with me to this day.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheHoosier posted:

This. I want some of the dungeons to have a non-linear layout again, like Haukke Manor, and I want a savage mode. I know they can pump these things out in their current layout, but it would be nice to have some variety or additional challenge.

The point of the hallways isn't making it easier on the devs, it's that nobody will ever go into an optimal room so it's just pointless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

at least one person reading this thread doesn't have the sastasha map achievement because they've never been to the side rooms