Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

wolfs posted:

what if you miss and poo poo on the towel

one of my grandmas used to have carpeted floor in her bathroom. absolutely terrifying experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

wolfs posted:

what if you miss and poo poo on the towel

they’re held over the seat by a small plastic ring that sits inside the fabric. when you piss and poo poo all over yourself and one, you can just take it off and pop it in a washing machine

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

boo boo bear posted:

one of my grandmas used to have carpeted floor in her bathroom. absolutely terrifying experience.

Jesus… difficulty of a dark souls…

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Springfield Fatts posted:

Is this the thread to post in if I am in the final stages of buying a house after 10 months of looking / fighting dozens of offers on every loving property we look at and to be pushed two cities further from work due to rising costs and shrinking inventory and though all media tells me I should be high fiving my wife in slow-mo while we pick plants for the front yard I instead feel all-encompassing dread mixed a seething desire for this whole awful process to just be finished?

Yeah, probably.

:justpost:

boo boo bear posted:

One of the houses my parents rented while I was growing up had carpeted bathrooms. The upstairs one featured mushrooms that would grow around the toilet base.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

i am harry posted:

they’re held over the seat by a small plastic ring that sits inside the fabric. when you piss and poo poo all over yourself and one, you can just take it off and pop it in a washing machine

enjoy your feces covered seat

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

someone I knew from my hometown way back when was bragging about his first home and how he was gonna put carpeting in his kitchen and I wondered if there’s some sort of Hippocratic Oath equivalent for contractors to not ruin someone’s house intentionally by doing dumb poo poo like that

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

someone I knew from my hometown way back when was bragging about his first home and how he was gonna put carpeting in his kitchen and I wondered if there’s some sort of Hippocratic Oath equivalent for contractors to not ruin someone’s house intentionally by doing dumb poo poo like that

I feel like contractors would just give him a stupid high bid for said stupid project. If they accept then welp, guess I'm putting carpet in a kitchen and taking the rest of this month off

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I don't think there's any professional standard but there are of course building codes. I think some localities do have specific rules about what kind of floor you can have in the plumbed rooms

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

boo boo bear posted:

My house growing up had carpeted bathrooms ama

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ammanas posted:

enjoy your feces covered seat

we all enjoy our feces covered toothbrushes and asses :shrug:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nice and hot piss posted:

I feel like contractors would just give him a stupid high bid for said stupid project. If they accept then welp, guess I'm putting carpet in a kitchen and taking the rest of this month off

I imagine the feeling is similar to the defense secretary getting the order to drop the nukes

Sir.... are u absolutely positive this is what you want???? God save our souls *begins laying carpet around the toilet*

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

i am harry posted:

Good for your immune system

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
removing piss-soaked carpets from a house is no bueno

dog piss, human piss, doesn't matter

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Harold Fjord posted:

Good for your immune system

obviously poster Ammanas keeps their toothbrushes in hermetically sealed containers located in a separate room from their toilets, and always puts the lid down and then covers the toilet in clingfilm before flushing their massive wet shits…but the rest of us have toothbrushes covered in aerosolized feces :science:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

i am harry posted:

obviously poster Ammanas keeps their toothbrushes in hermetically sealed containers located in a separate room from their toilets, and always puts the lid down and then covers the toilet in clingfilm before flushing their massive wet shits…but the rest of us have toothbrushes covered in aerosolized feces :science:

I know. I'm saying it's right and healthy.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My house growing up had carpeted bathrooms ama

same

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Harold Fjord posted:

I know. I'm saying it's right and healthy.

:glomp: I’m just adding context for the rest of the thread

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Is it a regional thing?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is it a regional thing?

seems like an early 80s thing to me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
50s to 90s, midwest. The 70s were probably the most offensive when you include the salmon pink or seafoam green fixtures.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is it a regional thing?

i grew up in southern indiana in a house that had been remodeled for old people :shrug:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

boo boo bear posted:

the house I grew up in had a carpeted bathroom in the master bath.

actually I think all of the bathrooms were carpeted, although they redid the one by my bedroom when I was in high school for obvious reasons.

the house was built in the 80s lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

carpet is cheaper than tile probably

that’s it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

90% of american tile in the 70s was from the shah's iran, supply chains in '80 were hosed

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you can also brag about your house renovations here

we spent $27k on a new air conditioner (and ducts) last summer, it took a solid week to install, they had to use a crane it was cool as hell

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pretty good price if it included interior ducts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it did, ducts in the floor and ceiling both

they actually had to come back out because they did the ducts wrong under the house - code dictates that you need little 24" access paths dug everywhere underneath it here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I got ductless for 9. seems expensive but super worth it

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

euphronius posted:

carpet is cheaper than tile probably

that’s it

too cheap for tile, too classy for linoleum.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god linoleum is so easy to clean

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

now you just put the fake wood floors in bathrooms ! easy !

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

i am harry posted:

In other countries the room you poo poo in is actually different than the one you shower and brush your teeth in. Americans are savages.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

i say swears online posted:

they lack the je ne sais quoi of a piss-soaked rug though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why not have all the plumbing together !!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

IAMKOREA posted:

In other countries the room you poo poo in is actually different than the one you shower and brush your teeth in. Americans are savages.

Sounds wasteful

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Springfield Fatts posted:

Is this the thread to post in if I am in the final stages of buying a house after 10 months of looking / fighting dozens of offers on every loving property we look at and to be pushed two cities further from work due to rising costs and shrinking inventory and though all media tells me I should be high fiving my wife in slow-mo while we pick plants for the front yard I instead feel all-encompassing dread mixed a seething desire for this whole awful process to just be finished?

Whats up almost done closing buddy. I am also constantly stressed out about it and the housing market here isn't nearly as bad as it is in other parts of the country.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

we closed yesterday so now my stress shifts to making the place livable before the first mortgage payment is due in july so we can avoid paying double rent

7 weeks to paint, replace gross stained carpet with real flooring, and knock down a weird hanging wall

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

i mean yes but it looks horrible, that's why i only have it in closets

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we spent $27k on a new air conditioner (and ducts) last summer, it took a solid week to install, they had to use a crane it was cool as hell

My home is a townhouse so in order to do new ducting we would have to rip out all the ceilings and many of the walls, assuming we could even find someone that would do it. So I'll just have to live with lovely air-circulation until we eventually move :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

just get ductless