Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
the second ad they talked about ingrown ball hairs and hanging dong tho so definitely the best ad I've heard/seen/experienced this week. More ads with joke potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Truth. The Jeff / Spencer improv ads were some of my favorite parts of Harmontown. They can be done well, you just have to put in some actual effort rather than limply reading whatever copy you find in front of your face.

Make Charlie write and sing a song for every sponsor:
https://www.harmontown.com/2019/12/episode-ad-nauseam/

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Internet Comment Etiquette with Erik is, like, my gold standard for ad breaks

He's not doing a podcast, of course, but the principal is the same

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Barry Foster posted:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
*principle

:pseudo:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

You probably already know this, but Erik worked in the prop department for sunny and had a cameo in the episode "The Anti-Social Network".

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I just use the 30 second skip option on my podcast app when the ads come on. Same with every other pod unless they have funny reads.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I noticed one of the Rooster Teeth guys in the bar in an episode I was watching the other day. Not one of the sex creeps thankfully.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Tonight across the country there will be abortion protests, and with egg prices sky high we’re all getting rear end blasted by the fat cats.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Super Deuce posted:

Tonight across the country there will be abortion protests, and with egg prices sky high we’re all getting rear end blasted by the fat cats.

Of the protest and anti-protest which side do you think will have the hotter women?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

1glitch0 posted:

Of the protest and anti-protest which side do you think will have the hotter women?

You're less likely to get stuck with child support if you go with the baby killers.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They're gonna sniff out that you're a breeder though and shut you down

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Super Deuce posted:

If you would stick to rear end blasting it would be less of an issue.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
"Mac is a Serial Killer" really is so good. Just packed with classic lines beginning to end.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ajaxify posted:

You probably already know this, but Erik worked in the prop department for sunny and had a cameo in the episode "The Anti-Social Network".

I didn't know he worked in props, thought he was on the writing staff. Isn't he also in a much earlier episode, as an extra? I have a vague memory of seeing his face in 'Bums Making A Mess of the City' or another episode where the gang finds themselves in a conference room with a bunch of other Philly residents.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LittleFuryThings posted:

"Mac is a Serial Killer" really is so good. Just packed with classic lines beginning to end.

One thing I'm noticing while watching these episodes as they do the podcasts is that they always have these really iconic moments and lines that echo throughout the rest of the series in the episodes where they also do something cringy that they wouldn't have done these days.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Have they gotten to an episode that was pulled from streaming yet?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

drunken officeparty posted:

Have they gotten to an episode that was pulled from streaming yet?

I don't think so, which episodes have been pulled? I only know about the blackface Lethal Weapon one.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Season 4 Episode 3: America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest
Season 6 Episode 9: Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth
Season 8 Episode 2: The Gang Recycles Their Trash
Season 9 Episode 9: The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6
Season 14 Episode 3: Dee Day

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Imagine not just having a folder filled with the complete series.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Cojawfee posted:

One thing I'm noticing while watching these episodes as they do the podcasts is that they always have these really iconic moments and lines that echo throughout the rest of the series in the episodes where they also do something cringy that they wouldn't have done these days.

Yeah that’s a real feature of the show - the worst episodes are always the most important

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i thougjt they unpulled the billboard ep. that ones so good

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I think they put that one back up. They seem to go back and forth on what pearls they are clutching and usually have 4-5 that aren’t streaming.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Season 4 Episode 3: America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest
Season 6 Episode 9: Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth
Season 9 Episode 9: The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6
Season 14 Episode 3: Dee Day

How did Dee Day get pulled already??

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How did Dee Day get pulled already??

Dee makes Frank do brown face

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Cojawfee posted:

Dee makes Frank do brown face

It was the clams!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It’s not on the DVD set either so you can only (legally) see that episode on Google Play

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkuuhA6-7Y

This music video was commissioned by an artist for her series of Always Sunny paintings. You may recognize some of the prints as the ones that were hanging in the original podcast office: https://www.taylorkampa.com/blog/the-gang-becomes-art

Of course the other songs by Joman are also amazing. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMLqufujIlw

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JUlXh7sP8

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Was randomly shuffling through episodes a few weeks ago and this one came up, what was so bad it got the streaming axe?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Takes No Damage posted:

Was randomly shuffling through episodes a few weeks ago and this one came up, what was so bad it got the streaming axe?

maybe the arab face?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

martina martinez addressing the trash union

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm guessing Martina Martinuez

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
but they also did the same thing in the original episode, doing the fake terrorist tape. was that not taken down?

e; ah obviously martina martinez.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, yeah that'll do it :nyd: I guess since the Lethal Weapon stuff is the only time the call themselves out for it that's the only x-face scene I remember.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I think they pulled every episode where Dee did a racist caricature, I don't know if that includes her English butler though...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Gangs Saves The Day is still on Netflix at least, pulling Dee's fantasy would have been a travesty

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
British isn't a race people.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

British isn't a race people.

Race isn't real, there's species and citizenships yet America clings to colour theory for people and y'all should know better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Race isn't real, there's species and citizenships yet America clings to colour theory for people and y'all should know better

Race used to be real, then we genocided the Neanderthals and Denisovans and now it's just a bunch of homo sapiens pots and kettles doing this: