Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

I'm not looking anything up to confirm, but it sounds like I did mean episode 10

Ok then yeah it is pretty similar to that, I didn't immediately think of it since in 17 they make this whole thing of it being her special focus episode which isn't the case in 10, but ultimately they are both 'mess up my lines a few times until I have a sudden insight about the character I'm playing'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Mob Reincarnation remains perplexingly interesting.

e to add: Caught up to Summer Time Rendering; it's pretty cool too. The show's plot seems clearly a nod to That Lovecraft movie with the cult living in that coastal town where the main character (of the film in question) also returns to right?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 9, 2022

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Mob Reincarnation remains perplexingly interesting.

e to add: Caught up to Summer Time Rendering; it's pretty cool too. The show's plot seems clearly a nod to That Lovecraft movie with the cult living in that coastal town where the main character (of the film in question) also returns to right?

You're thinking of Dagon, which was a loose adaptation of Lovecraft's story The Shadow over Innsmouth.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah! Strong vibes from it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I watch the first ep of love live and it’s got a scene with the student council sitting around staring at papers and there’s just blank faces on all of them and I just wonder what any of these non-characters could possibly be thinking what could possibly be so important about some paper and I think I’ve ruined anime because now every character just looks completely empty headed nothings.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Papers can often be very important.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Staring at useless papers while pretending to be doing something important is basically the entire point of the student council

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

kater posted:

So I watch the first ep of love live and it’s got a scene with the student council sitting around staring at papers and there’s just blank faces on all of them and I just wonder what any of these non-characters could possibly be thinking what could possibly be so important about some paper and I think I’ve ruined anime because now every character just looks completely empty headed nothings.

That's how I feel reading your posts

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Despite everyone on the internet screaming that the horrible intro in Skeleton Knight was only a one-off and it's actually cool and good: the show decided to do it again. Dropped into the bin

Retired Hero is still fun

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

UnderFreddy posted:

Despite everyone on the internet screaming that the horrible intro in Skeleton Knight was only a one-off and it's actually cool and good: the show decided to do it again. Dropped into the bin

Retired Hero is still fun

I gave Skeleton Knight 3-episodes but it was very clear by then end of the 2nd it wasn't going to do anything interesting. Plenty of mid-isekai(s) every season, so definitely don't be shy about being picky when it comes to them.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m going to watch it

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
you're a loose cannon, namtab

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sometimes watching animes that people tell you not to watch is how you find the best animes of all.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You should watch popee the performer.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8p4Kip17c

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ahhhhh the perfect fever dream on crack for 2000. :allears:

This show has big early SA forums energy.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 9, 2022

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol some gregory horror show rear end poo poo rh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread added :toot:

quote:

Kakkou no Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos)
SynergySP ; Shin-Ei Animation | Hiroaki Akagi ; Yoshiyuki Shirahata | Yasuhiro Nakanishi | Comedy, Romance | Manga | Apr 24, 2022
Mixed up with another family's child as a baby, high school student Umino Nagi is finally meeting his biological parents. On the day of their meeting, he happens to encounter Amano Erika, a high school student at a prestigious and wealthy girls school. At her request, he's half-forced into pretending to be her boyfriend so she can avoid marrying her fiance....However, not only were they the babies who had been mixed up, they're also engaged to each other! The loving parents of both families officially recognize their engagement, and the couple begins living together. Nagi is in love with his classmate Segawa Hiro, and Erika is determined to rebel against her father, so the couple agree not to get involved with each other. The mixed-up and chaotic romantic comedy starts now!
PV
Thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/05/10-1/crunchyroll-brings-dragon-ball-super-super-hero-to-theaters-around-the-world-this-summer

Crunchyroll has announced that Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero will be getting an international run this summer and....

Yeah, they do have the rights now, huh? hosed up.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Anya is #1 in the facial expression department but Desumi is definitely a solid runner up.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/1524675751659798530

Mobtober baby

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
The Autumn of Mob.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blank Construct posted:

The Autumn of Mob.

Mob, Spy, new Gundam, and it looks like Chainsaw Man. The Summer slowdown this year is looking more like revving up for fall than winding down from spring.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

awesome. prob my favorite version of that one story ONE likes to write

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

chiasaur11 posted:

Mob, Spy, new Gundam, and it looks like Chainsaw Man. The Summer slowdown this year is looking more like revving up for fall than winding down from spring.

new bleach too if anyone still cares about that, and stone ocean part 2. gonna be the biggest season ever for shonens

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tales of Woe posted:

new bleach too if anyone still cares about that

Having read the manga, I care a lot. It's going to be some glorious idiocy.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm pretty sure that Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer airs during the Summer season, so I don't see any slowdown here.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you think that adaptation is something to be excited about i guess. we're two months from airing without a pv or even knowing the animation studio

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Shachiku-san really loves to have these tearjerker backstories for their adorable spoops.

Edit: She's helping. :3:

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 13, 2022

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I gave up on that after a few episodes because the slavery in Shachiku-san was unironically more disturbing than the current season of Shield Hero.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Tamba posted:

I gave up on that after a few episodes because the slavery in Shachiku-san was unironically more disturbing than the current season of Shield Hero.

I've never watched shield hero because the warnings posted here, but I also found the corporate slavery in Shachiku-san honestly too much to keep watching.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I’m finding Skeleton Knight’s whole season long quest to murder rapists and slavers to be a refreshing change for an isekai.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Nitrousoxide posted:

I’m finding Skeleton Knight’s whole season long quest to murder rapists and slavers to be a refreshing change for an isekai.

this continues as the recurring plot of the entire novel series, skeleton knight goes adventuring but the adventures usually end in freeing the slaves wherever he is

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

gotta have the rape scenes though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shikimori is getting a delay due to a mass COVID outbreak at Doga Kobo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Shikimori is getting a delay due to a mass COVID outbreak at Doga Kobo

My heart goes out to the brave animators and production staff. I wouldn't wish COVID on my worst enemy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shikimori had already been delayed due to the situation there so unfortunately it's been ongoing for over a month. hopefully they're able to safely bring things into better order sooner than later, given that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

From the sounds of the report it looks like the delay was due to the shutdown in April and they're working through it so it sounds like everyone is okay now it's just the shutdown finally caught up to them

Though I'm a bit shocked that RPG Real Estate isn't getting a delay as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that one might be heavily outsourced and not use in-house people, it sure doesn't look as good as their usual stuff