Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Ultra-Instinct.

No I'm being serious! If there's a glossary on all this stuff, I wanna know about it. The only one I know is sanpaku eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Not everything has to have a name, and the refusal to accept that is what gave us TV Tropes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oh jay posted:

Not everything has to have a name, and the refusal to accept that is what gave us TV Tropes.

Wisdom ITP.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

No I'm being serious! If there's a glossary on all this stuff, I wanna know about it. The only one I know is sanpaku eyes.

Nah it's just an art style choice, there's no reason for it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Nah it's just an art style choice, there's no reason for it.

The question isn't if there's a reason. It's if there's an agreed-on shorthand, like "bottle episode" for a show where everyone is in one room for the whole thing, or "space opera" for science fiction where everything takes place on a massive scale.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Is there an actual term for when characters eyes go white but they're not unconscious?

Just being enraged? Getting into the flow?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

The question isn't if there's a reason. It's if there's an agreed-on shorthand, like "bottle episode" for a show where everyone is in one room for the whole thing, or "space opera" for science fiction where everything takes place on a massive scale.

Ah! Ok, I get what you mean! No, there is no shorthand term for this, it's just that thing they do. I do remember them making jokes about this very idea way back during the Skypeia arc in One Piece with a dude.

Also is NOBODY gonna talk about this absolute masterpiece of a chapter intro page?

That's flat incredible

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Parrotine posted:

Ah! Ok, I get what you mean! No, there is no shorthand term for this, it's just that thing they do. I do remember them making jokes about this very idea way back during the Skypeia arc in One Piece with a dude.

Also is NOBODY gonna talk about this absolute masterpiece of a chapter intro page?

That's flat incredible

eh, ripped from the Penny Dreadful poster.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah that's what I was aiming for, I assumed there was a way to describe everything like those, the always closed eyes, the two dot Hello Kitty look, emoticon look, etc. but better than that.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I would normally never link to a Reddit post, and I'm sure there will be a better source soon, but someone scanned and translated the volume 25 bonus chapter for anyone who is interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/ujl8nm/edited_raw_english_translation_of_bonus_chapter/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mood.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

I think it's hard to say something definitively does not exist. Weird technical terms pop up all the time, especially if you need to collaborate with people.

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah that's what I was aiming for, I assumed there was a way to describe everything like those, the always closed eyes, the two dot Hello Kitty look, emoticon look, etc. but better than that.

The best I could find were 「 死んだ魚の目」 or 「虚ろ目」. Though I think they are a bit different and also might not actually be agreed upon "technical terms".
But now I'm curious too if terms exist for the various ways to draw eyes.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 7, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Read the whole bonus chapter and punk outfit Tatsumaki is cute.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Here's the whole thing with bonus pages or whatever https://cubari.moe/read/gist/Z2lzdC9mdW5reWhpcHBvLzFkNDBiZDVkYWUxMWUwM2E2YWYyMGU1YTlhMDMwZDgxL3Jhdy9vcG0uanNvbg/163-5/1/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saitama is the best, goddamn :lol:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
the next chapter's going to be so good

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raws out https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3270296674344129439

I wonder what the crossed out speech bubbles are. Have we seen that before?

pik_d fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 12, 2022

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

pik_d posted:

I have no idea what's happening, but holy poo poo at that ending!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Murata is having too much fun, also the ending is incredible :allears:

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

pik_d posted:

My guess is it's garou trying to think of his next step is and deciding against it on the fly.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Translation up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/3dvsk7T/1/1/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Boros?

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I know I say this a lot about this series, but holy loving poo poo.

Everything about this is so good.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
:stare:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

One of his species, at least.

Boros' lines on his face were always drawn like lightning, jaggedly, this character has straight lines on his face.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 12, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I love that at the end, there is a direct callback to the end of the Boros fight, where Boros launched his last, suicidal charge against Saitama, except this time, Saitama simply catches Garou's fist and prepares to lecture him, because Garou is actually a good dude and Saitama knows it. :allears:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
This is the best possible ending for the chapter. For once, just this one time, we live in the best timeline.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Wow so good. Saitama really is the best piece of this and its so much better when he's front and center.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Even when Garou tries to be creative, he still manages to save lives on the other side of the world :allears:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

gently caress. Yes.

at all of it really

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Revins posted:

gently caress. Yes.

at all of it really

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Saitama is a real nice guy.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

"guy who wants to be a villain but keeps accidentally saving people" is an inspired gag

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I really have grown to like both of these characters quite a lot

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
oh heck... dimension lords comin for that rear end... so Baldy vs Blast up next?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My prediction is: (some current chapter spoilers in speculation)

blast and co will fail to contain whatever. it will burst in coincidentally next to Saitama and attack, causing him to one shot it for rudely interrupting

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was the best :allears:

We now enter Therapy with your host Captain Baldy.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I just sort of assumed "that bastard" is supposed to be God?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

pik_d posted:

One of his species, at least.

Boros' lines on his face were always drawn like lightning, jaggedly, this character has straight lines on his face.

They’re supposed to be a multidimensional team so maybe he’s from a universe where Boros was a hero?