Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Dungeons are minimally run by the community at large. Side rooms and optional paths would be minimally run even beyond that. It's definitely not worth the effort, especially when you will be combining people that are new and want to do their one-time exploration, and people that are just in the roulette.

It's a lot of friction for next to no replayability or gain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

The point of the hallways isn't making it easier on the devs, it's that nobody will ever go into an optimal room so it's just pointless

Randomize the locations of the objectives.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That would just annoy everyone involved.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FuturePastNow posted:

While the average alliance raid goes very smoothly, the Ivalice and Nier raids can still regularly turn into mass casualty events and frankly seeing that happen and players deal with it is half the fun of doing them

I once got like 6 comms from the first Ivalice raid back when everyone was farming it for Bozja.

We were at the Chariot boss, I had already been dead to something I didn't dodge in time and the "Arena goes dark, gotta click the objects on the ground to make it light and find the safe spot" mechanic was happening.

The groups whiff it and it would have been a full wipe, except that I was in the middle of Rez animations, so as everyone else dies, I pop up and manage to Doublecast Verraise a healer in time for them to LB3 and Salvage the whole thing.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vitamean posted:

at least one person reading this thread doesn't have the sastasha map achievement because they've never been to the side rooms

Hi

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
I am going to venture the dangerously feminist-y opinion that complaining about Tsukuyomi chewing the scenery so hard you can hear it crunch may have a little to do with her sounding regular unhinged rather than sexy unhinged.

I mean it might just be because oh she sounds different and her voice is all deep instead of sweet or something but really let's let our lady villains just go right off the handle.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FeatherFloat posted:

I am going to venture the dangerously feminist-y opinion that complaining about Tsukuyomi chewing the scenery so hard you can hear it crunch may have a little to do with her sounding regular unhinged rather than sexy unhinged.

I mean it might just be because oh she sounds different and her voice is all deep instead of sweet or something but really let's let our lady villains just go right off the handle.

I was thinking it but wasn't saying it. She left waifu-town for a minute.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

super sweet best pal posted:

And then every room is "mandatory" and you still have a set linear path through the dungeon

Side paths don't actually result in exploration

You can randomize the layout itself, which is what the deep dungeons do, but they're very different

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/caph_to_heulen/status/1524697072171384832?t=eHJOvaEIS7MhhIKUyeTxkA&s=19

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

super sweet best pal posted:

1.0 tried that. It's dungeons sucked rear end.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

FeatherFloat posted:

Its actually sexier the way they did it.

The spider Lilly line alone.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Doomykins posted:

Cleared 4.2 and The Burn, stream of thoughts:

Real good build up and pay off for Asahi calling you savior of the savages and my character looking at him like he just slapped me with his glove. I'm a tiny au ra gal and we see eye to eye, I wonder how this plays out with lalafell or roe with this little fucker going full aggro.

For lalas he kneels down to still look over you but for roes he's just craning his neck so hard to look up at you he's liable to pull a muscle. It's so non threatening it's hilarious. I took to calling him an angry hamster after that scene.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

:hai:

I love how vocal all the bosses are in trials, ngl

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'd like the Aglaia voice lines but they're mixed so low I can't hear them.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Randomness in dungeons or more dungeons with non-linear paths would further lessen my desire to do dungeons and I'm already not sure of the last time I went into one. Maybe when I did the 6.1 dungeon for MSQ?

Vitamean posted:

at least one person reading this thread doesn't have the sastasha map achievement because they've never been to the side rooms
I only got this achievement a couple of weeks ago because i was hunting for easy achievement points

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

:hai:

I love how vocal all the bosses are in trials, ngl

I love Pool of Tribute for this reason, dude's having the time of his life!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Even if they don't make your scythe/nouliths, you might still get this umbrella for doing the new weapon contest

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

a cartoon duck posted:

the actual mechanical complexity of orbonne is still unchanged, the only difference is you don't wipe because more than half the raid struggles with such high-difficulty concepts as "have three people on the pad with three markers on it", "don't overlap giant aoes" and "don't drag trailing aoes through the party".

in a raid that already takes 40 minutes on a good run, i'm quite happy with not adding another 10 to 20 minutes to it

Coward

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Vitamean posted:

I literally only have this cheevo because I was leveling my squadron in Sastasha once and decided to wander around looking for chests to open.

Edit: This is how I also know there's a gobbie being mugged in a side alcove (different from the one up the ramp) right before the dragon miniboss in Brayflox's Longstop.

Albu-quirky Guy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 12, 2022

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I can't understand half the things Y'shtola says in Trust dungeons, and so I knew Azeyma had the same VA when I mis-heard her lines in the same way

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Vitamean posted:

You have to noclip out of the world map to end up in the side rooms

Speak for yourself! I mean come on:

:hmmyes:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

fwiw I would like there to be some kind of content with randomized objective and side paths. my inner boomer talking again but something like nyzul isle from FF11. deep dungeon kinda scratches that itch but every floor is the same objective of kill x enemies and find the exit. I also didn't like how bland the prefab rooms looked in potd, but they did spruce up some of the dead ends in heaven on high.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ah yes, "turn on these 5 lamps on a specific order".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ricki_Hirsch_/status/1521117531343409154?t=PeaHnqcQfKEbx-hE5IUGpw&s=19

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Kazy posted:

Ah yes, "turn on these 5 lamps on a specific order".

friendships were forged by lamps don't get it twisted

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I really can't remember if it was any good or not, but removing the scions & slyphs disguise misadventure before you first meet Ramuh is kind of disappointing. You get to do so little with the main scions in ARR as it is. They're like these weird mascot characters who only show up for quick cameos where they usually gently caress things up (Y'shtola is the only competent one).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Madmarker posted:

How many people do you still see die in Aglaia to Rhalgr's attack Broken World falling off the edge of the world. Alliance Roulettes need to be pretty easy and flashy.

I still see 75% of the raid getting hit by the big purple hammer that heavily telegraphs where it's going to end up. It always moves, people!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bruceski posted:

I still see 75% of the raid getting hit by the big purple hammer that heavily telegraphs where it's going to end up. It always moves, people!

That fight I mostly get it right the whole time but occasionally I do that fight and get it wrong. Mostly the second time that phase happens. I also fall for the second boss mechanic where he punches while the meteor falls out of the OTHER one a lot too.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
My first Aglaia run after I updated ACT had 337 deaths, mostly thanks to Byregot and Rhalgar. Absolute chaos like that only lasts a few couple days but I was loving every minute up it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

hopeandjoy posted:

So many of the best boss fights in this game are enhanced by the actors going full ham, and Yotsuyu is no exception.

Bigger is better! (Though that's really the only line in that fight that's like this, sadly.)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

sassassin posted:

I really can't remember if it was any good or not, but removing the scions & slyphs disguise misadventure before you first meet Ramuh is kind of disappointing. You get to do so little with the main scions in ARR as it is. They're like these weird mascot characters who only show up for quick cameos where they usually gently caress things up (Y'shtola is the only competent one).

They also took out a cool little quest where you pray to a certain God, and of course get no response. They cut things purely for time but you really do lose small, but cool, moments.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

You can literally change that at any moment in your personal settings.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bruceski posted:

It's always a bit sad when I'm one of like three people standing in the row where the hammer starts, and one of the other two is standing in a spot that's about to become a hole.

On the other hand it took me a bit longer than it should have to realize that the BALLS phase on the last boss is a lot easier if you stay close than it is if you're far away from mid.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

You can literally change that at any moment in your personal settings.

My voice settings are near max volume, and I don't have problems with any other in-duty voices.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 12, 2022

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The thing that always fucks me up with that part is the final attack where you only have a second between a safe spot being hammered out and the line attack finishing

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

My voice settings are near max volume, and I don't have problems with any other in-duty voices.

Lower the other sounds then!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I always misjudge the size of Thal's Balls and get vuln stacks

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Chillgamesh posted:

Never misjudge the size of balls

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Dude needs to see a doctor, they're way swollen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Chillgamesh posted:

I stand directly below them, gaining them stickers by the handful as Thal's Balls descend upon me.