Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Every standard set is going to have Jump Start product. I'm a gatekeeper that hates new players so I don't like this. That dragon thing on the package is cute tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Braids spotted!!!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Oh, missed that somehow.

Karn and two jabronies I don't recognize appear in this set that is apparently the start of a massive, multi-set story. It's the start of something REALLY big apparently.

You calling the Archmage Eternal a jabroni?!?!?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Braids spotted!!!
Looking fire too

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Jesus, too many sets if these Jumpstarts have unique cards. I hope they just replace theme boosters or something

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Braids rules and somehow I have 3 copies of cabal minion

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

August 18 is Wizard's Presents day. Big news about what's coming out next year, more info about the MASSIVE, MULTI-SET SPANNING STORY, and DnD poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How many fuckin arms does Braids have now. Is she getting compleated

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fadam posted:

Oh, missed that somehow.

Karn and two jabronies I don't recognize appear in this set that is apparently the start of a massive, multi-set story. It's the start of something REALLY big apparently.

It's the two Capashens'es's I think

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

How many fuckin arms does Braids have now. Is she getting compleated

she's got two extra arms so she can give the commander ban list four thumbs down

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Good news for all you Alchemy sickos.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Why sealed lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Spend 50 bucks at your LGS and you'll get a cool Sol Ring.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Store Championships are back:

Showing up prize -> top 8 prize -> grand prize.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Textless Bob. Cmon man!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's been a while since I've done my boots on the ground reporting and I forgot how much I love reading Twitch chat.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

borderless foil liliana looks pretty amazing, imo. hope they also make it not curl

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

borderless foil liliana looks pretty amazing, imo. hope they also make it not curl

Yeah it looks rad as hell, the texture poo poo rocks.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Next Tuesday is gonna be Commander Legends spoilers at 0900 Pacific Time, but I'm back in the office :(

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

Are they forcing standard for this?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

so none of the previous art with braids she is shown with multiple arms... so did they mention that? phyrexian compleation?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Anything is possible with anime.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
No new standard set till September? Jeez

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

so none of the previous art with braids she is shown with multiple arms... so did they mention that? phyrexian compleation?

I think it's to show she's punching really fast like when Star Platinum rushes someone down.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Now that they've shown us that black is in the Imperium's colour identity, that commander deck better have a certain seal in it...

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

fadam posted:

Oh, missed that somehow.

that's Jodah and Shanna, Sisay's Legacy

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Barry Shitpeas posted:

that's Jodah and Shanna, Sisay's Legacy

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I've seen speculation that Dominaria United is the Phyrexians winning and Brothers War is not a flashback but Karn actually going back to try and stop it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I've seen speculation that Dominaria United is the Phyrexians winning and Brothers War is not a flashback but Karn actually going back to try and stop it

That'd be cool. It'd also be a good excuse for all the sets next year to be related to old events/stories in Magic history.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

fadam posted:

Sick variant art for Archmages Charm there, hope it comes to Arena eventually.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fadam posted:

That'd be cool. It'd also be a good excuse for all the sets next year to be related to old events/stories in Magic history.

summer 2023 is Fallen Empires II: Homarid Boogaloo

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
When we last saw Braids a few hundred years ago she was getting trapped in her own nightmare plane so if she's coming back it's probably as some sort of nightmare monster/avatar.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I think this multi-set story is a 30th Anniversary block of some kind that they have not outright said is a 30th Anniversary block, but I kind of assumed that would happen ever since they said “we’re kicking off the 30th Anniversary with this Dominaria set almost a year before the Anniversary itself!” It’s an odd thing to do if it’s not part of something bigger

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Was any info on the Lord of the Rings set given? Previously they said it’d be released in ‘23, but it’s not on this timeline, unless it’s one of the codenamed sets and they didn’t want to give away the release date for some reason?
https://twitter.com/mtg_arena/status/1524874231355408386?s=21&t=CCHg_H-eWG8LWddHIiT-kw

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

TipTow posted:

Was any info on the Lord of the Rings set given? Previously they said it’d be released in ‘23, but it’s not on this timeline, unless it’s one of the codenamed sets and they didn’t want to give away the release date for some reason?
https://twitter.com/mtg_arena/status/1524874231355408386?s=21&t=CCHg_H-eWG8LWddHIiT-kw

They didn't mention it or Unfinity.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

fadam posted:

Every standard set is going to have Jump Start product. I'm a gatekeeper that hates new players so I don't like this. That dragon thing on the package is cute tho.

beginner product usually curdles on store shelves the instant they unpack it from the truck so this is a creative way to make you not actually care about what set you're buying product from

edit: says they're replacing theme boosters with these. guess those weren't selling so hot

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 12, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Look i try to be nice but tyrannids should be jund instead of temur, wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No mechanicus no buy.

...ok maybe the Necron.