Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

silentsnack posted:

will you still say the same thing when internet archaeologists identify exactly what stupid poo poo triggered the avalanche and historians have a serious debate citing the Load-Bearing Cooters hypothesis?

If the avalanche is imminent and irreparable?

Yes

But I'll do so while chuckling rather than groaning

So I'm just gonna assume the Slurp thing has indirectly pulled back the curtain on something and *domino meme*

Man I remember when that weird guy had a youtube show for bitcoin and his phone fell off the chair and then he ran off to Thailand. The past was so quaint.

kalensc has issued a correction as of 22:54 on May 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

kalensc posted:

So I'm just gonna assume the Slurp thing has indirectly pulled back the curtain on something and *domino meme*

Someone already made it for you

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
First thing when I heard Slurp Juice is that this must be a Goop product

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
SO I'm a still a little unclear. It's one slurp juice per ape right?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

christmas boots posted:

yeah, unless I'm not getting something about it.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
imagine four slurp juices at the edge of an ape

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
scams work the same way

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

scams work the same way

nice to see you again barton thorn

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Someone used three on an ape and, well, look what happened.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Karach posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Who was that one perma'd crypto goon who kept re regging to laugh at nocoiners again? I wonder how he's doing

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Who was that one perma'd crypto goon who kept re regging to laugh at nocoiners again? I wonder how he's doing

Don't ask that unless you want that idiot seraphing around.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's right! Nah it'd be pretty funny to hear from him again i don't mind

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That's right! Nah it'd be pretty funny to hear from him again i don't mind

He doesn't have the money to buy accounts now.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I remember reading coiners arguing that one day Bitcoin would be worth trillions, and all the Musks and Waltons of the world would grudgingly hand over the keys of power to the new class of crypto aristocrats.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

That was you, I'm sorry

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Seraph84

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Chamale posted:

I remember reading coiners arguing that one day Bitcoin would be worth trillions, and all the Musks and Waltons of the world would grudgingly hand over the keys of power to the new class of crypto aristocrats.

I presume that was before Musk became the patron saint of coiners and the god-emperor of hodling

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

for all his insanity, dude was pretty good at coming up with good usernames

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tokin opposition posted:

That was you, I'm sorry

No..... NO!!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i miss seraph84's cryptosocks

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
RadioShack returns …. As a crypto company :madmax:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/radioshack-returns-as-a-crypto-company?amp=true

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

striking while the iron is melting down, genius move

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i bet jeff does too

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i can understand dead brands that have some kind of nostalgia attached to them popping up again associated with crypto stuff to take advantage of that, but radioshack? my only memories of that place are, uh, well

actually this onion article does a better job of describing it than i ever could https://www.theonion.com/even-ceo-cant-figure-out-how-radioshack-still-in-busine-1819569077

Deep Dish Fuckfest has issued a correction as of 12:45 on May 13, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

he should be unparmacanned just for this event, like a fine ham

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the ham has been groomed to an age considered legal in many jurisdictions

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao going out of business. AGAIN.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lmao

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Radio Shack is honestly the most cursed company in history.

Pivoting away from small-time electronics projects to miss the maker boom, pivoting to phones right as we all got phones and were "satisfied enough" to not need new phones, and now this.

just absolutely snakebit corporation

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
should've stuck to their tried and true staples: plasma globes, remote controlled cars, and strobe lights

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shrecknet posted:

Radio Shack is honestly the most cursed company in history.

Pivoting away from small-time electronics projects to miss the maker boom, pivoting to phones right as we all got phones and were "satisfied enough" to not need new phones, and now this.

just absolutely snakebit corporation

I can speak at length about this. The phones were not a problem, they were the biggest revenue driver for a solid decade. It was hubris.

Honestly the biggest single mistake was either trying to compete with big box stores on TVs, or refusing one of several company-saving lifelines offered by competitor-would-be-partners.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i can understand dead brands that have some kind of nostalgia attached to them popping up again associated with crypto stuff to take advantage of that, but radioshack? my only memories of that place are, uh, well

actually this onion article does a better job of describing it than i ever could https://www.theonion.com/even-ceo-cant-figure-out-how-radioshack-still-in-busine-1819569077

I like Jon Bois' retrospective on working there for years and how just he thought their death was

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/11/26/7281129/radioshack-eulogy-stories

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Tulip posted:

I like Jon Bois' retrospective on working there for years and how just he thought their death was

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/11/26/7281129/radioshack-eulogy-stories

It's generally really bad to work at a place that's on its way out. The best play is to find a new job as soon as YoY revenue starts going down at your current company.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
When I was a teenage solder nerd, it was my dream to work at radio shack. I was so going to advise people on the best stereos to buy and which resistors they needed for their project.

20 years later I bought a literal truckload of electronic components from a defunct military avionics company for a penny on the dollar. I became radio shack.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i kinda admire what radio shack was and stood for before hobbyist electronics and radios were subsumed into inscrutable black boxes that you're not allowed to open

saw a cool history of the television typewriter and how kit books used to work

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karach posted:

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Karach posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

smarxist posted:

i kinda admire what radio shack was and stood for before hobbyist electronics and radios were subsumed into inscrutable black boxes that you're not allowed to open

saw a cool history of the television typewriter and how kit books used to work

Nobody else had the wealth of options they provided for cables. I bought so much stuff there for rigging up my NES, SNES, Stereo etc. You'd think they could have made some money off all those addresses they harvested at checkout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

every crypto goon is going to magically transform into someone who cashed out at the last btc peak now, just like every time the pump gets dumped