Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

butterfly labs answers the question of "why would you sell the money printing machine" with the wholly obvious answer of "only after we've fully used up the ink in the printer first before shipping"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

the site is a great repository of bitcoin lols from years past

lmfao i completely forgot about cosbycoin

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

excellent username/post combo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's a real shame yospos' patron saint turned out to be a rapist

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

i've tried to explain that i've been watching this poo poo for over a decade, to people who are just now "getting into crypto", and that the reason i don't have any is because of what i've seen.

oh lord, the things i've seen

i always wish them luck though

lol same. and one of the follow up question i get is "but if you did buy in you'd be a billionaire right now!" and it's like, i'm not stupid enough to think i'm the one in a thousand who'd have kept their coins up to now. more likely than not i'd have lost the wallet's password, or had it stolen from me, or i'd have sold them for $10,000 of un-activated amazon gift cards, or i'd have been shanked in a parking lot at night trying to exchange them for cold hard cash through localbitcoins or whatever that was called, or the exchange where i stored my coins would have been "hacked", or i'd have had my identity stolen when some shady exchange asked me for my driver's license + passport + bone marrow sample and then lost all my coins on that exchange, or my bank would have closed all my accounts and have me blacklisted from the global financial system for having anything to do with crypto before regulated exchanges appeared, or...

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

it's a real shame yospos' patron saint turned out to be a rapist

Enough about rms

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

lol same. and one of the follow up question i get is "but if you did buy in you'd be a billionaire right now!" and it's like, i'm not stupid enough to think i'm the one in a thousand who'd have kept their coins up to now. more likely than not i'd have lost the wallet's password, or had it stolen from me, or i'd have sold them for $10,000 of un-activated amazon gift cards, or i'd have been shanked in a parking lot at night trying to exchange them for cold hard cash through localbitcoins or whatever that was called, or the exchange where i stored my coins would have been "hacked", or i'd have had my identity stolen when some shady exchange asked me for my driver's license + passport + bone marrow sample and then lost all my coins on that exchange, or my bank would have closed all my accounts and have me blacklisted from the global financial system for having anything to do with crypto before regulated exchanges appeared, or...

yes, exactly.

and inevitably they've never considered actually trying to get real money out. it's so incredibly absurd they usually think i'm just making poo poo up

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Beeftweeter posted:

lmfao i completely forgot about cosbycoin

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

yeah, this. i mean seriously they really, really don't get it and think it's got to be an exaggeration

but its all true. i guess cosby turning out to be a creepy rapist is weirdly appropriate considering he was lurking in the forum shadows, waiting, multiplying by force

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
oh my god i just realized we've been laughing about butts here for over a goddamn decade

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

turns out time only makes fools of some of us

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i'm now curious to see when my first post in a butts thread was. poo poo, it might actually have been an actual honest to god decade ago

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

i'm now curious to see when my first post in a butts thread was. poo poo, it might actually have been an actual honest to god decade ago

mine was def in the first incarnation, gently caress I've been here nearly 2 decades and I'm only mostly crack ping'd from the ordeal

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i do remember definitely knowing about butts when i was at an employer i left at the end of 2014, so it's at least 7 years

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
the worst part is how would you even explain Cosbycoin javascript poisoning to a normal person in less than ten loving minutes without sounding like a lunatic

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So should I buy some Luna? Is Terra attached to one of those exchanges that will just wave their hands and do a billion wash trades and have the price right back up in 3 months?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

the worst part is how would you even explain Cosbycoin javascript poisoning to a normal person in less than ten loving minutes without sounding like a lunatic

I couldn't even explain paying $10 to post on these forums without sounding like a lunatic.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shumagorath posted:

this is actually the best part, see also: yahoo answers

e:

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 13, 2022

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

So should I buy some Luna? Is Terra attached to one of those exchanges that will just wave their hands and do a billion wash trades and have the price right back up in 3 months?

well, people were buying MtGOX bitcoins for pennies on the dollar in the hope that they would eventually be recovered.

I mean, none of them got a dime, but maybe you'll buck the trend.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
is there a metacoin yet that is pegged to the total crypto market cap

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

well, people were buying MtGOX bitcoins for pennies on the dollar in the hope that they would eventually be recovered.

I mean, none of them got a dime, but maybe you'll buck the trend.

:hmmyes:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I couldn't even explain paying $10 to post on these forums without sounding like a lunatic.
I can't remember when the paywall went up, but it's a good thing I squeaked by because I was too young to be issued a credit card.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
our company looked into bitcoin in 2009 as an alternative to easily-robbed money transports in central africa, one look and we were like lol no, can't scale, slow, high fees, need to keep a massive local blockchain db (thinking of a native mobile coin client)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Shumagorath posted:

just show them this helpful video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55oVgGJx_q4

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1524896501885030417

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Oh good, I've made most of my friends watch Heat so they'll probably recognize Roger Van Zant.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i'm pretty sure william fitchtner is contractually obligated to appear in everything made from the mid 90s to the late 2000s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK I'mma go buy like 12,000 Luna

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PostNouveau posted:

:toxx:

do it. mods?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh wait, I'd have to give some shitbag crypto people my social security and drivers license and last colonoscopy results to buy crypto

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PostNouveau posted:

Oh wait, I'd have to give some shitbag crypto people my social security and drivers license and last colonoscopy results to buy crypto

do it you pussy

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

there are worse ways to throw away 50 cents

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

PostNouveau posted:

That's like $8 worth, right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Beeftweeter posted:

do it you pussy

I think I uninstalled the Robinhood app

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

several billion Luna are being printed per second because of their busted-rear end algorithm

https://twitter.com/DoombergT/status/1524918409716170779

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

9 years ago, friend.

e: excellent username/post combo

god drat its been that long

ty yospos for making fun of it as hard as you have for as long as you have, you were the one place that poo poo on crypto longer than anyone and it saved me from feeling bad about not putting a penny in this poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PostNouveau posted:

I think I uninstalled the Robinhood app

https://robinhood.com/login

don't forget to do it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Booyah- posted:

several billion Luna are being printed per second because of their busted-rear end algorithm

https://twitter.com/DoombergT/status/1524918409716170779

luna printer go beepboop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
total supply is over 2 trillion in the <30 mins since that tweet

https://fcd.terra.dev/v1/circulatingsupply/luna