Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

THS2 posted:

they lost when they railroaded bernie (who is also dead to me, but probably would have canceled my student loans, so that would make me like him again because im easily bought off)

whoa, a politician doing something to materially improve your life would make you like them??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the invisible hand of the free market was previously producing poison disguised as baby formula, and the current shortage is because the FDA shut that place down after several kids died

when this happened in china a while back the government executed two people and sentenced some company higher ups to life in prison because of it. wonder if they'll do anything at all here
do they have like a "US Chamber of Commerce Man of the Year" award, or similar

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the invisible hand of the free market was previously producing poison disguised as baby formula, and the current shortage is because the FDA shut that place down after several kids died

when this happened in china a while back the government executed two people and sentenced some company higher ups to life in prison because of it. wonder if they'll do anything at all here

:xickos:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wow, i hope not, i am proud to live in a country where we're still free to poison children as long as we made money off their parents first

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah it has the potential to make everything else moot

Psaki said they were calling on retailers to put in place purchasing limits on formula to stop hoarding though so they've got it in hand

We only supplement with formula so don’t use much and I still have to have alerts set at like every single retailer in order for when they get stock in order to keep ahead. I lucked out and got the next two month’s worth from Costco last week but even that was only doable because I could front the cost for like 8 pounds of formula all in one go.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

under trib everything was terrible but we had lols
under dems everything is terrible and we have no lols ):

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

they executed their head of the fda

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

honestly if the baby formula thing doesn't get resolved pretty quick and still nothing happens then this is the most cucked country in human history and it's not even close. I mean I think we already knew that but that will leave zero room for doubt

recently had a(nother) kid and while we're not affected by the formula shortage I can't think of anything that is more likely to get me thinking "okay who do I need to kill to get this sorted out, and where do I need to kill them" than an infant literally starving

Agreed! I remember when France in the 1700s had a formula shortage, and the proletariat marched upon the French White House with their guillotines and the bougies said let them eat cake instead of formula or something…

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I remember reading some article that tried to be like "well she was just so innocent and ignorant of life outside the upper classes, what she actually meant was 'why don't they eat brioche' in genuine confusion" lmao

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

honestly if the baby formula thing doesn't get resolved pretty quick and still nothing happens then this is the most cucked country in human history and it's not even close. I mean I think we already knew that but that will leave zero room for doubt

recently had a(nother) kid and while we're not affected by the formula shortage I can't think of anything that is more likely to get me thinking "okay who do I need to kill to get this sorted out, and where do I need to kill them" than an infant literally starving

American schools never teach that after the first shots of the Tiananmen Square Massacre, protesters fought back with homemade molotovs and stolen machine guns. They destroyed 100 military vehicles. Nope, Americans must be taught that polite peaceful protests are the only valid expression of grievances. They make fun of the French for being wimps, but the French will guillotine a king or throw napalm on a cop.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Chamale posted:

American schools never teach that after the first shots of the Tiananmen Square Massacre, protesters fought back with homemade molotovs and stolen machine guns.
pretty sure if it comes up american schools will happily tell you that the chinese crushed the tank guy under the tank and then murdered half a million chinese. they're still bitter their attempted coup was a failure

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

They'll give the company some money to replace the lost revenue from their baby poison plant getting shut down

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Chamale posted:

American schools never teach that after the first shots of the Tiananmen Square Massacre, protesters fought back with homemade molotovs and stolen machine guns. They destroyed 100 military vehicles. Nope, Americans must be taught that polite peaceful protests are the only valid expression of grievances. They make fun of the French for being wimps, but the French will guillotine a king or throw napalm on a cop.

"i open carry my M4 to a crowd of unarmed black people, therefore i must be very brave"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
working on an exhaustive list of Biden's accomplishments, did i miss anything?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Afghanistan was a genuine surprise i guess

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even the retreat from afghanistan was still biden continuing trump policies. but yes, it was probably a surprise to biden too.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robo Reagan posted:

are you not receiving lols from all this

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nah, cohorts don't typically change their politics

The bourgeois boomers outlived the proletarian boomers I don't see why that won't keep happening.

Masculine Thrust
Apr 23, 2022

Chamale posted:

Political violence is almost always disastrous. You basically need a shadow state already functioning and to win the support of soldiers/police for it to work. The symbolic instances of violence people typically think of as turning points are attractive to middle class radical discontents and might work as part of a patronage system involving them and the ruling class but they are usually alienating to the mostly conservative working class unless they are in uniquely extreme circumstances, and it's usually much more boring nonviolent organizing that actually changes things alongside changes in the economic base.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

adding "baby starvation and infant mortality increase" to the list of accomplishments during democrat majority

https://twitter.com/vodkasnowflake/status/1524846207868227604

I like lols as much as the next guy but poo poo like "My baby is starving pls help" being answered with "Have you seen a doctor?" and the trans person in Maryland a few pages back being told to vote harder by actual party representatives when the dems hold like 80% of that state's legislature and the executive doesn't make me lol so much as make my blood boil. It's genuinely worrying to me how much rage it gives me and I don't even have a stake in either issue.

I honestly don't know that I could stomach the amount of anger I would have if their callous disregard for human existence was to directly impact me. I suppose I'm lucky that dems just disregard me entirely due to geography rather than stand by able but unwilling to actually help me.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I remember reading some article that tried to be like "well she was just so innocent and ignorant of life outside the upper classes, what she actually meant was 'why don't they eat brioche' in genuine confusion" lmao
I mean, that might very well have been the case. Of course any defense in this vein, of an individual within a system, means further blame falls on the system itself and thus the defense of a royal becomes an indictment against royalty. Or in modern times, politicians or whatever. Which I doubt was the intention of whoever bothered writing an article presumably trying to rehabilitate her.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Robo Reagan posted:

Trump: 😁

Biden: 😬

Masculine Thrust
Apr 23, 2022
Tulsi (hypothetical): rawr XD

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

:stoked:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Address material conditions!
No police funding!

Dems: Address material conditions?
No, police funding!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the white city, where the walls just got 10 ft taller

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I mean, that might very well have been the case. Of course any defense in this vein, of an individual within a system, means further blame falls on the system itself and thus the defense of a royal becomes an indictment against royalty. Or in modern times, politicians or whatever. Which I doubt was the intention of whoever bothered writing an article presumably trying to rehabilitate her.

Yeah that was the conclusion I came to as well. But yeah it def wasn't the intention of the article. IIRC it was taking a "Marie Antoinette was a victim of misogyny" angle

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

LastInLine posted:

I like lols as much as the next guy but poo poo like "My baby is starving pls help" being answered with "Have you seen a doctor?" and the trans person in Maryland a few pages back being told to vote harder by actual party representatives when the dems hold like 80% of that state's legislature and the executive doesn't make me lol so much as make my blood boil. It's genuinely worrying to me how much rage it gives me and I don't even have a stake in either issue.

I honestly don't know that I could stomach the amount of anger I would have if their callous disregard for human existence was to directly impact me. I suppose I'm lucky that dems just disregard me entirely due to geography rather than stand by able but unwilling to actually help me.

everyone has a stake in these issues, those are human rights issues, they will just come for you next if you don't have a stake in the issue and thats where they're trying to decouple and atomize by telling you to stay in a lane

it should piss people off more that they're being covered for the excuses where working class are held to a higher standard and aren't allowed excuses, especially in high risk careers in public service

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

We love our big, beautiful Boromir, don't we folks?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nixon brain

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ex post facho posted:

Address material conditions!
No police funding!

Dems: Address material conditions?
No, police funding!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

look we'd all like to be out of the way of the trolley, sure, but that kind of change doesn't happen overnight
perhaps we can shuffle a few inches in either direction and then in a few years we'll reevaluate

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

look we'd all like to be out of the way of the trolley, sure, but that kind of change doesn't happen overnight
perhaps we can shuffle a few inches in either direction and then in a few years we'll reevaluate
is getting out of the way of the trolley, or stopping the trolley, going to fix racism? check your privilege

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

what is the strategy behind this? preparing for next year’s food riots?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A country with a healthy administrative state could have probably caught this baby formula mess a lot earlier and mitigated a whole bunch of harm, but no the prevailing political ideology of last 40+ years in America has been "actually it's bad when the government does stuff, unless it involves killing people" so welp

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

indigi posted:

funding the cops and the military are somehow the only politically neutral options available to our ruling class. we've completely given up on doing, or forgotten how to do anything else

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

C-Euro posted:

A country with a healthy administrative state could have probably caught this baby formula mess a lot earlier and mitigated a whole bunch of harm, but no the prevailing political ideology of last 40+ years in America has been "actually it's bad when the government does stuff, unless it involves killing people" so welp

It turns out that capitalism's reaction to shortages is to raise prices, not production.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It turns out that capitalism's reaction to shortages is to raise prices, not production.

this is capitalism's reaction to literally everything these days as far as I can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

indigi posted:

Next year? With the looming diesel crisis, more like next month.