Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

jfc philly wtf are you guys doing

Inconvenient to the swarm of pro Covid yuppies eating our city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Was this guy always as "centrist" as this?

Yes lol

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Oh no he opposes the utterly meaningless covid masks!! This is as bad as being a flaming lib warmonger privatizing piece of poo poo!!

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

i mean masks help a lot. just because the cdc has consigned us all to personal responsibility for long term illness and death in the name of keeping businesses open doesn’t mean that masking doesn’t greatly help to prevent the spread of covid-19

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
For the record, I wear masks and I don't vote. But it's really such small potatoes to treat some dumb rah-rah populist line like it's, say, his endorsement of Israel being infallible. Now THAT sucks.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

People have been pretty ok with masks in philly and on septa so far. though the masks have come completely off at the suburban wawas.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

Oh no he opposes the utterly meaningless covid masks!! This is as bad as being a flaming lib warmonger privatizing piece of poo poo!!

Are you saying masks are ineffective at stopping an airborne disease, or are you saying that the health department has no business dabbling in public health?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Mask mandates are good on the margins even if they're poorly enforced:
1) some people are weirdos who follow rules regardless of what they are
2) Appeal to The Law is a lifesaver for masked employees whose employers think covid is over.

Still for Fetterman because he's the largest candidate.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 16:39 on Apr 23, 2022

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

C-Euro posted:

Got a text from Lamb's campaign the other day, asked them what his plan was to combat the rise of the fascist right and never got a response. Sad!

From the few days I was out and about while it was back in effect, no one really gave a poo poo. Why keep a mandate in place if you're not willing to enforce it?

i live in MontCo where some people give a poo poo, but not that many

if you really wanna see no one give a poo poo go to Bucks county

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

go to Bucks county

please do not advocate self harm in c-spam

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

please do not advocate self harm in c-spam

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxzk5rK5lbk

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fetterman said people that want to abolish the electoral college are the exact same as jan 6 people who wanted to overturn the election

legit made me angry with that answer lol

alex khalil is a loving moron, everything she says is wrong

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

bringing up the texas power grid as an example was not a good move

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

khalil's closing statement is absolutely loving hilarious

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

UP AND ADAM posted:

it is actually pretty bad

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
move this thread to the bad forum please, i tire of seeing it here

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mods should just rename it to the PA politics thread so PFC can complain about how inferior pittsburgh is the the wonderland that is philadelphia

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

olives black posted:

move this thread to the bad forum please, i tire of seeing it here

much like khalil said about PAC ads, if you don't like it you can simply turn off your monitor

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Plinkey posted:

much like khalil said about PAC ads, if you don't like it you can simply turn off your monitor

Sorry folks, the mods of the left wing politics forum simply can't close down the Get Out The VOTE For a Fat Racist Centrist Democrat Megathread, the fans of the fat racist centrist democrat would not like it.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

fetterman said people that want to abolish the electoral college are the exact same as jan 6 people who wanted to overturn the election

Wow! President Fetterman!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

legit made me angry with that answer lol

the constitution should never be changed PLEASE ignore the parts about how to change it!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pennsylvania plagued by corruption and only John can fix it

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
if i was running Kathy Barnette's campaign I'd lean into that the best way to own the libs would be for the first black and first woman senator from PA to be a republican

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

if i was running Kathy Barnette's campaign I'd lean into that the best way to own the libs would be for the first black and first woman senator from PA to be a republican

I think their voters have already put this together, why do you think she's up in the polls?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I think their voters have already put this together, why do you think she's up in the polls?

i live in Montco so i'm quite familiar with her one-note shtick "i'm a black woman, and a republican, i shouldn't exist, but i do!" but i doubt anyone on the western part of the state has ever heard of her...i assume that's where all her campaign money is going

in all honesty its hard to pinpoint a worst candidate from the crop of senate hopefuls because they are all basically typical maga chuds, probably completely indistinguishable from one another. at least thats what Oz is running on cause he's not likely a true maga believer, he just figured it'd be easier to win as a fake tv doctor in the party that elected a fake tv businessman.

now Doug Mastriano whose running for governor, that dude's got religious maga zealot nut job written all over him, and god help us if josh shapiro fucks this up

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/the_vello/status/1524869651666198544

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Totally ready to watch fetterman suck as a senator but very excited to see lamb lose

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Uncle Wemus posted:

Totally ready to watch fetterman suck as a senator but very excited to see lamb lose

he'll probably suck less then Casey which is the most i feel i can ask for

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lamb is a special kind of poo poo that can only thrive in the south hills of Pittsburgh

Almighty Ken
Nov 5, 2006

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lamb is a special kind of poo poo that can only thrive in the south hills of Pittsburgh

we've got a real chance to replace mike doyle with summer lee. come on 12th district, you can do it.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I'm always caught off guard that these are real people that volunteer their time to help get someone like Conor Lamb elected

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Dougy m is in the pocket of big potato roll:

https://billypenn.com/2022/05/12/martins-potato-rolls-doug-mastriano-governor-philadelphia-restaurants/

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm always caught off guard that these are real people that volunteer their time to help get someone like Conor Lamb elected

lol I had a similar exchange with a Lamb volunteer the other day. I knew it was a person but still told them that I'd be voting for Fetterman. I even got to use my new favorite politics word, "feckless".

Got a text this morning from Alexandra Hunt's campaign to primary Dwight Evans in PA-03, got to give them a hell yeah.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Farterman

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

His plan is not to stay a Senator very long. He's running for President if he gets this job, if he doesn't I'd be surprised. Lamb would definitely stay a Senator and become a Manchin.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/1524379951687999489

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow i can't believe goons are falling for this again

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Dasar posted:

wow i can't believe goons are falling for this again

he’s going to be Nancy Pelosi with a red state coat of paint lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/14/us/politics/fetterman-pennsylvania-democratic-primary.html

quote:

Asked whether he rejected the Sanders Democrat label, he replied, “Of course I reject it. We just talked for 10 minutes about how we’re just running as a basic Democrat.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

once you rise to a certain level of prominence they just kidnap you, inject you with ketamine, and make you say centrist dem things until you believe them