Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

local free, high reward pve already exists in both wormholes and pochven, so doesn't need to exist in null

disagree, it's not about the playstyle existing, it's about local making the risk/reward of eve skewing nullsec to be, on par, as safe as highsec.

as long as local exists, the risk/reward in eve will be forever broken, and nullsec will be just barely more dangerous than highsec to pve in

which is a problem, considering the tendency for empires to become very few and very massive, which can be dealt with if small groups can constantly attack large groups for epic wins, and to compensate make the rewards higher cause u can afford to because the risk is higher

game fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
disagree, the playstyle you want already exists. In wormholes and pochven

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

gently caress off with the blackout null bullshit, please and thank you.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

disagree, the playstyle you want already exists. In wormholes and pochven

you didn't read the post, you miss the point fundamentally

Wibla posted:

gently caress off with the blackout null bullshit, please and thank you.

you didn't add anything of value, you missed your chance (to lose your virginity)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Guys maybe the pathalogical liar and abuser is on to something!

:thunk:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you didn't read the post, you miss the point fundamentally

why should CCP put in content, i.e. local-free, high reward PVE, which already exists in wormholes and pochven, in nullsec? Answer the question please

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

why should CCP put in content, i.e. local-free, high reward PVE, which already exists in wormholes and pochven, in nullsec? Answer the question please

i answered it in the question above

here, i'll copy paste it for you

" as long as local exists, the risk/reward in eve will be forever broken, and nullsec will be just barely more dangerous than highsec to pve in "

this is a problem, because nullsec should not be a risk-free playground, considering it's the most competitive part of eve

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Guys maybe the pathalogical liar and abuser is on to something!

:thunk:

in what world do you think scamming someone in a video game that explicitly states scamming is good and cool is being a 'pathalagical' liar and an... abuser?

how can you compare someone beating their wife and telling them you can double their isk in eve?

nothing you've posted itt has been of any value, 80% of your posts are just swinging at me

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

You can repeat your answer without answering my question, it's fine. You've obviously not spent any time in null trying to make money, so your opinion is less than worthless. But I'll say it again: What you want is in wormholes and pochven, end of

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

this is factually wrong, because of something that was discussed a fifth of a page up

if you increase 1 second of mining to 500 trillion of each ore, it would be, 100% worth it, for everyone to go out and do it

this proving your assertion false, there is an equilibrium that can be reached

yeah but then they go out, mine for one second, then dock back up. qed, ipso facto, something something.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

" as long as local exists, the risk/reward in eve will be forever broken, and nullsec will be just barely more dangerous than highsec to pve in "

this is a problem,

Counterpoint: No, it isn't.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

You can repeat your answer without answering my question, it's fine. You've obviously not spent any time in null trying to make money, so your opinion is less than worthless. But I'll say it again: What you want is in wormholes and pochven, end of

I quite literally answered your question:

I stated that a) a problem exists with local existing in it's current state (note, this doesn't mean local needs to be fully removed in order for local to be balanced)
b) how my suggested change would fix my problem and
c) why you too, should think that the problem I see is something you should care about.

I satisfied every part of your question, but your statement wasn't intended for actual discussion, but disingenuous trolling.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dieting Hippo posted:

yeah but then they go out, mine for one second, then dock back up. qed, ipso facto, something something.

but mining for 1 second is the proof they will interact with the content

roll it back to reasonable amounts, and the equilibrium will exist.

pretending there isn't an achievable equilibrium is insanity.

Hobologist posted:

Counterpoint: No, it isn't.

gently caress

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Look, this whole situation seems complicated. Maybe it should be left to the developers to work out how to balance nullsec ratting, they would probably know best.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dieting Hippo posted:

Look, this whole situation seems complicated. Maybe it should be left to the developers to work out how to balance nullsec ratting, they would probably know best.

i have full faith in ccp's ability to

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i have full faith in ccp's ability to

teach a class on how to eat video games by allowing it to ferment and rot for 3 months before consumption

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I quite literally answered your question:

I stated that a) a problem exists with local existing in it's current state (note, this doesn't mean local needs to be fully removed in order for local to be balanced)
b) how my suggested change would fix my problem and
c) why you too, should think that the problem I see is something you should care about.

I satisfied every part of your question, but your statement wasn't intended for actual discussion, but disingenuous trolling.

No you didn't, because I asked why would CCP add the content when what you want is already in wormholes and pochven, yet you seem to be avoiding that. Why won't you go to pochven or wormholes?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

No you didn't, because I asked why would CCP add the content when what you want is already in wormholes and pochven, yet you seem to be avoiding that. Why won't you go to pochven or wormholes?

you understand why these are two completely different questions, right?

whether or not CCP should do something, versus why don't i go into pochven?

I told you EXACTLY why CCP should do something. I told you, exactly why. For the third time, my statement states exactly why CCP should nerf local in nullsec. (ie the playstyle existing has no bearing on whether or not other play styles should be changed to be similar to it especially when they solve the problems)

as for the second question, I have played extensively in wormholes, so I have gone there.

I don't know what you're looking for, you asked me why CCP should do thing, and I told you the problems with the current system, and how that current system can be changed.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

So what you want to do, is turn null into wormhole space where you have even more advantages, but ratters get a bit more income as part of the deal? Are you actually loving high, or just actually stupid? Nah, I'm loving done. Imagine thinking that having no local, but it's all mapped out, that you can easily navigate, but slightly higher income as a pay-off is a "good idea". You are actually stone-cold stupid, jesus h christ

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

So what you want to do, is turn null into wormhole space where you have even more advantages, but ratters get a bit more income as part of the deal? Are you actually loving high, or just actually stupid? Nah, I'm loving done. Imagine thinking that having no local, but it's all mapped out, that you can easily navigate, but slightly higher income as a pay-off is a "good idea". You are actually stone-cold stupid, jesus h christ

nah he wants you to suck his dick from the back

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
by him i mean me, suck my dick from the back

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

I told you my reasons for it, you pretended for the longest time that I didn't, despite me stating I did at least three times.

Now you are complaining that there can't be an equilibrium, ignoring the fact that you don't have to REMOVE LOCAL, simply nerf it to balance it out, and keep exclaiming you're done but coming back over and over. You don't have to remove local to remove it. It doesn't have to be identical to wormholes. There are many ways, as have been described ITT, to nerf local and buffing rewards to make it still worth doing by and large. Control yourself and actually think before replying, you have all the time in the world and this is an internet discussion, you shouldn't be sweating over attempting to respond and posting your actual anger onto your words.

You've failed at every single point of this discussion.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Could there be implementation of some sorta PvP immunity?

I really think EVE's a pretty neat game, but I just hate the PvP so much. I just wanna do my industry thing and haul my relatively expensive stuff around without fearing being blown up in my slow af + defenseless af hauling ships.

These people don't even attempt to 'negotiate' with you - perhaps demand that you drop all your cargo and they pick whatsoever they want. They just blow you up🤦‍♂️. That would ensure more booty for them, right?🤷‍♂️ I think I'd be able to tolerate that, especially if they catch me in low sec.

I'm no hot shot player, but I recently stopped playing EVE because of losing my ship due to players blowing me up at a gate camp. That's another thing, how are gate camps even a thing - shouldn't freaking CONCORD or Edencom be not having that? 🤦‍♂️ That's a whole other matter though.

Anyway, why not have some sorta module/implant (a permanent one too just to up the stakes) that makes your ship impossible to lock onto. That only works if you haven't partaken in PvP in a certain amount of time and has a long a*s cooldown period or something if you do partake.

It's silly, but dang, brah, I've gotten tired of losing my stuff to other players while trying to mind my own business.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

pugnax posted:

Could there be implementation of some sorta PvP immunity?

I really think EVE's a pretty neat game, but I just hate the PvP so much. I just wanna do my industry thing and haul my relatively expensive stuff around without fearing being blown up in my slow af + defenseless af hauling ships.

These people don't even attempt to 'negotiate' with you - perhaps demand that you drop all your cargo and they pick whatsoever they want. They just blow you up🤦‍♂️. That would ensure more booty for them, right?🤷‍♂️ I think I'd be able to tolerate that, especially if they catch me in low sec.

I'm no hot shot player, but I recently stopped playing EVE because of losing my ship due to players blowing me up at a gate camp. That's another thing, how are gate camps even a thing - shouldn't freaking CONCORD or Edencom be not having that? 🤦‍♂️ That's a whole other matter though.

Anyway, why not have some sorta module/implant (a permanent one too just to up the stakes) that makes your ship impossible to lock onto. That only works if you haven't partaken in PvP in a certain amount of time and has a long a*s cooldown period or something if you do partake.

It's silly, but dang, brah, I've gotten tired of losing my stuff to other players while trying to mind my own business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33izVlIOgnQ

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Globby fundamentally doesn't know why ratting is lower now than it was two years ago. But turning off local will change it. The absolute loving moron

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So how about that tracking disruptor gameplay, golly gee whiz! And sensor damps, don't even get me started on those. Back in the day...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Globby fundamentally doesn't know why ratting is lower now than it was two years ago. But turning off local will change it. The absolute loving moron

actually i do, it's called the DBS

before the DBS, ratting was the highest it ever was.

go ahead and be done, you clearly know nothing

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

pugnax posted:

I was thinking that the gate guns are ineffectual at distinguishing lowsec from nullsec. They should lock on an aggressor (at a time inversely proportionate to the security level), and once they get a lock on you they Concord you. Because as it stands, anything but a frigate can just tank them.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
does having a gangtag drop your IQ by like 35 points or something with a cumulative stacking effect

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Why does it seem to me that every time I use a null-sec filament, a bunch of people immediately appear in local and throughout the constellation who always just must have to kill me? Especially in the regions claimes by the initiative. Can experienced explorers advise what to do with them - they may not kill me, but at this rate it takes a very long time to look for calm systems.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Furnok Dorn posted:

does having a gangtag drop your IQ by like 35 points or something with a cumulative stacking effect

This is the CSM all of Eve collectively deserves with o term.limit

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

pugnax posted:

Why does it seem to me that every time I use a null-sec filament, a bunch of people immediately appear in local and throughout the constellation who always just must have to kill me? Especially in the regions claimes by the initiative. Can experienced explorers advise what to do with them - they may not kill me, but at this rate it takes a very long time to look for calm systems.

We like to hunt. I love to tree herons in little dead end systems them blap them when they try to jump out.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i think that a titan should be able to shoot a special doomsday through a remote cyno to disable local in the remote system for 15 minutes

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

i answered it in the question above

here, i'll copy paste it for you

this is a problem, because nullsec should not be a risk-free playground, considering it's the most competitive part of eve

That's complete bullshit. Nullsec is not risk free. What you do not understand, is that people have learned to mitigate those risk. People are aware. And those that are not, are the ones you catch. And unlike Highsec, there's no magical force that will at least garantee you revenge.
Local IS the tool that people have to not die. The only thing saving them for an assured death, is awareness and you want to take that away from them and that's why we're all calling your bullshit out.

Unless CCP makes it viable to rat in pvp fit, you can gently caress off with any idea of getting rid of local. And even then, people are still going to be risk averse because even with a pvp fit, they can get hosed by numbers. And nobody, absolutely nobody does the poo poo pve content this game has to offer, to afford more pve ships.
I don't play anymore, but you'd have to make it really worth my while to get me in space, without local, in a myrmydon that takes 2/3 ticks to repay itself and much less a better blinged out ship that can take hours to repay itself.

It just isn't gonna happen. Your idea of "Nullsec is broken" is "There isn't enough defenseless targets for me to shoot". It's loving ironic considering your play style is the most risk free of all.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

I don't play anymore

nuff said

everything else has already been refuted, numerous times

mitigation doesn't matter when local itself is all you need: source is the billion rental corporations (that are most definitely not bots) that simply dock up when a non blue enters local

Dalael posted:

There isn't enough defenseless targets for me to shoot". It's loving ironic considering your play style is the most risk free of all.

i don't think you know who i am or what i do, it seems you've drank the pubbie propaganda of what i am

i've pretty much played every pvp playstyle in eve to it's nth degree and have found these blaring issues- this isn't to say i actually want more people to die, it's to say i want more people to WANT TO put themselves in positions where they can die. eve should reward those who do risky things, not reward those who stay in safe spaces and farm 24.7

the fundamental problem is the highest tier of competitive gameplay has some of the most risk free pve activities associated with it. this is a problem

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
That isn't even in the top 10 of eve's biggest problems.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

the fundamental problem is the highest tier of competitive gameplay has some of the most risk free pve activities associated with it. this is a problem

The highest tier of competitive gameplay? Ganking some lost pubbies?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Dalael posted:

Unless CCP makes it viable to rat in pvp fit, you can gently caress off with any idea of getting rid of local. And even then, people are still going to be risk averse because even with a pvp fit, they can get hosed by numbers. And nobody, absolutely nobody does the poo poo pve content this game has to offer, to afford more pve ships.

Just lol if you think that even if there were content that was “viable to run in a PvP fit” people would actually do so and not behave the same way they do today (use whatever gets the faster clear time for the content, whine when somehow they get ganked with literally every advantage).

It’s a tale as old as time - full loot sandbox pvp mmos and carebears who do PVE content in glass cannon builds getting shocked when they die to a stiff breeze.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Talking about "carebears" should be met with the same scorn that iskies and toonies does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Still no explanation of what increased isk generation would do to the economy? Do I need to bring up what happened in Delve when rorqs were at their peak? Do I need to point out what a loving stupid idea it would be if CCP just went and did that again? But no, the small gangs simply must get their defenseless kills to pad their killboards