Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:tipshat:

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Smythe posted:

be cool if the bike detached from the tires and docked into the boat and the gearing connected and it became a peddle boat

Idk how well this thing actually works but bless the hands that would make something so wacky

th=700

https://betriton.com/story/

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

i can bench press myself i think

That's a good metric for strength imo. If you can bench your bodywieght, deadlift 1.5x your body weight and squat 2x your body weight, you are in great shape, and I think those things are achievable for pretty much anyone.

Good Job Smythe.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Idk how well this thing actually works but bless the hands that would make something so wacky

th=700

this is cool

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

That's a good metric for strength imo. If you can bench your bodywieght, deadlift 1.5x your body weight and squat 2x your body weight, you are in great shape, and I think those things are achievable for pretty much anyone.

Good Job Smythe.

good job to you too. my favorite exercise is the row but the machine is always fked up or some big buff guy is bogarting it. next time im going to give that big sweaty hunk a piece of my mind

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
and suck him to completion :tipshat:

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Gyms are bourgeois affectations

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

El Pollo Blanco posted:

What about home gyms that consist of ropes, overhead pipes and rocks of various sizes?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol wtf

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Leroy Diplowski posted:

th=700

sick

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Something that I have always wondered: is there any way to even get rid of cul-de-sacs organically? They would pretty much have to be torn up and replaced whole, right? They seem like they would be actively hostile to building denser development.
you could take out the road and replace it with denser in-filled row-housing with a bulbous park at the end and take out some yard-space in the longitudinal direction for a continuous bike+ped path.

but i guess that's not organic.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I regularly ride to the top of mt Hollywood. getting there sux rear end tho cause the actors in Los feliz are psychopaths on the road

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

ebikes are probably the only thing that can possibly change transport away from cars in huge hilly cities

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Yeah but can you take your bike to the grocery store and load it up with a week's worth of food? Or throw a tent on it and go on a camping trip?

If the grocery wasn't 10 miles from where you live you wouldn't need to load up a full week's worth of food in one single trip.

What if, instead, you just picked up whatever you were going to eat tonight while walking home?

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This was about 3,000 feet from where my house stands now. All the trolley infrastructure and the parking lanes were torn out and now this is a five lane stroad where people crash their cars four or five times a week because people are hitting 60mph between traffic lights.

Neighborhood I grew up in used to have two separate trolley lines that went downtown via different routes. Now they're gone and everyone drives and it takes longer to get downtown than the trolleys did. the only bus options come once every half an hour and go to a metro station that'll get you downtown in about twice the time it used to take trolleys, door to door.

this is how you create overwhelming car dependence

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

Neighborhood I grew up in used to have two separate trolley lines that went downtown via different routes. Now they're gone and everyone drives and it takes longer to get downtown than the trolleys did. the only bus options come once every half an hour and go to a metro station that'll get you downtown in about twice the time it used to take trolleys, door to door.

I grew up near a lake that looks basically like a big figure-8, with a point in the middle where the distance to cross is much shorter. when I was a kid there used to be a ferry you could take to go from one side to the other.

but the ferry is gone now. just drive around.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Leroy Diplowski posted:

th=700

See? This is how you get your large dog around town

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

SKULL.GIF posted:

If the grocery wasn't 10 miles from where you live you wouldn't need to load up a full week's worth of food in one single trip.

What if, instead, you just picked up whatever you were going to eat tonight while walking home?

I used to live in a place like this. It was pretty rad.

Honestly, I would love to open up a corner greengrocer one day. I was born to be the owner operator of a small retail store.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This is why ivan drago lost

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
E-bikes seem fun. I live in the hot flat lands, so there really isn't a need for them, but I would buy one if I lived in a hilly city. The only impediment to biking here is all the cars. The cops won't even let you bike on the shoulder of the freeway!

Apr 7, 2003

I prefer to play an acoustic bike

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's a nice lookin bike

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Looks around at everyone in the city driving 9,000 pound f42069s

get a load of this fucker on his ebike, doesn't he know that battery is bad for the environment?

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
who is that one goon that rides the monowheel/e-unicycle? doc hawkins what do you have? anyway i think i'm going full cyberpunk and robbing gas stations until i can afford this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Ue-rCh2w&t=70s

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Kicked Throat posted:

who is that one goon that rides the monowheel/e-unicycle? doc hawkins what do you have? anyway i think i'm going full cyberpunk and robbing gas stations until i can afford this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Ue-rCh2w&t=70s

I'd say that guys life expectancy is similar to those russian dudes that do handstands on the top of skyscrapers or w/e

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Is the whole "people de-limiting electric unicycles and then faceplanting at 40mph when it overheats and shuts down" still a thing

mystes
May 31, 2006

Do you think you just came up with "acoustic bike"?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

I live on a hill that’s named after the giant weight that hauled trolleys to the top of it back in the days of yore

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AmericanFietser/status/1525162148489531395?s=20&t=Us6Ae7X1lN3OAFABLuljug

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

how can we make storefronts safer in an automative accident?

Dog Case posted:

Is the whole "people de-limiting electric unicycles and then faceplanting at 40mph when it overheats and shuts down" still a thing
i dunno does man still quest to soar?

Kicked Throat has issued a correction as of 20:17 on May 13, 2022

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Was that storefront wearing a helmet and reflective clothing?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kicked Throat posted:

More concrete and rebar. Get rid of that dangerous glass.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
The Queen Anne Counterbalance tunnel and weights are even still there under the street

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Kicked Throat posted:

add more bollards

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Weembles posted:

Was that storefront wearing a helmet and reflective clothing?

None of the people inside were. Practically asking to be run over

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol the guy on the left, if he was sitting one seat over he'd be dead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Thank god they're unpopular

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

actionjackson posted:

lol the guy on the left, if he was sitting one seat over he'd be dead

lmfao it fully spun him 180 degrees without launching him out of his chair what the gently caress

e: I also love the cloud of exhaust that starts pouring out all over the floor like it's an animal that just died

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

kid in the high chair took the full brunt of it but the thread says no major injuries so thank god for small miracles I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

Do you think you just came up with "acoustic bike"?

Yes, I originated the phrase