Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I thought I noticed videos of Yomawari 3 going around, and I was like ??? But no ENG version yet :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jan 27th release date announced for Dead Space.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A ghost story, according to early 20th century ghost story master M.R. James at least, should make you feel like the events could happen to you if you're not careful.

I think his only story where the protagonists was a killer all along is Stalls of Barchester and maybe arguably the Ash Tree where a nobleman is killed by giant spiders for testifying against an alleged witch which results in her being hanged. But in both those it's not a twist and fairly obvious from the go. The rest are mostly middle aged academics just sort of ambling into the supernatural.

Most people aren't secretly killers or something so I think a random and probably decent dude just stumbling into a spooky situation out of pure bad luck or morbid curiosity is a lot more effective than "oh no turns out You were the real monster all along '.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 12, 2022

al-azad
May 28, 2009

If I were smarter I could write an essay about Western ideas of individualism results in ghost stories where bad things happen to bad people, you walked into the forest at night what'd you expect getting taken by the bogeyman, while Eastern ghost stories are "bad circumstances can befall anyone at any time and only cleverness or luck will ensure your soul doesn't get sucked from your anus."

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

don't forget the cucumber. the cucumber is important

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Evil Kit posted:

don't forget the cucumber soul butt-beads. the cucumber is soul butt-beads are important

:colbert:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuddleCryptid posted:

I didn't end up finishing the game because I heard that to get the good ending you had to not destroy any of the monsters trying to kill you which is fine if you want to go to a thematic thing for PTSD but it's poo poo to learn that halfway through the game you shouldn't be engaging with the things the game told you to. Spec Ops the line this is not.

It's really bizarre because all of the other good ending requirements make sense - don't gently caress with any of the weird totems or carved figures, don't listen to the Witch when she tells you to do things - but there's really no indication that the thing you mentioned is bad.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Prey is free on Epic Games. It's a very good game

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1524766362056282114?s=20&t=1ojmvvnVdrWoHDOby_wtpQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell yeah, grabbing it so I can play it on PC when I'm not playing it on playstation :woop:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Vikar Jerome posted:

OH poo poo

SILENT HILL PS5 SCREENSHOT HAVE LEAKED AND HAVE BEEN COPYRIGHT STRIKED ITS loving REAL KONAMI DMCA IT LMAAO HOLYYY gently caress IT WAS ALL REAL PS5 EXCLUSIVE SILENT HILL GAME. ITO IS INVOVLED AAAAAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1524939335425937408
https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1524997167122829312
https://twitter.com/Okami13_/status/1525006235283640327

trying to find the screenshots, komani went fast on it lmao

fakeedit:L

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-silent-hill-game-details-leaked-dusk-golem-dmca%E2%80%99d-by-konami.583013/

konami are taking down the screenshots but its basically, that leak told you all about, the "japan studio" (rip) ps5 silent hill game with members of team silent in it.

it. is. real.

believe.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Let's GOOOOOOO :stoked:

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

boy i just cant wait to find out that im a murderer again

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Setting myself up to get disappointed as gently caress when it appears to not be Silent Hill or Konami fucks us all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far it's looking like it might end up being a PSVR2 only 'experience' so lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lifeglug posted:

Setting myself up to get disappointed as gently caress when it appears to not be Silent Hill or Konami fucks us all.

I mean one of the tweets in that post cites a guy saying the leaker has a 50/50 track record and this is probably the game that Konami killed without announcing in 2020

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
but will it live up to the creepiness of "I walked. I could do nothing but walk. And then I saw me walking in front of myself. But, it wasn't really me. Watch out. The gap in the door... is a separate reality. The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

0 rows returned posted:

boy i just cant wait to find out that im a murderer again

My money is on "main character already committed suicide" by all the insults written all over those hallways.

It'll probably be a good silent hill. Or a bad silent hill. Or an okay silent hill. Let's workshop what the hell a "silent hill" even is at this point after lunch.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 13, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who cares about SH

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64/status/1524784044889677825

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Alan Wake is getting a TV show? Remedy is finally achieving its lifelong dream.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Len posted:

I mean one of the tweets in that post cites a guy saying the leaker has a 50/50 track record and this is probably the game that Konami killed without announcing in 2020

ito said the project he was working on was still being worked on in 2021

leaker isnt 50/50, i've been following them for awhile, its more 80/20, with the 20 turning out to be intentional faked info about re3r by capcom to flush the main source out and they were successful, which is why you dont get capcom leaks since the ransomware attack anymore. unless it was accidental like wesker VO randomly breaking nda and dropping the re4r concept art of wesker.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 13, 2022

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Got Metro Exodus from the Ukraine Bundle. Are there any major traps or pitfalls to keep in mind? Never played the previous ones, but apparently there were giant gorillas in them inexplicably called "Librarians."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

lol they had some PT regrets huh. Especially that first one

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Don't know how I feel about any of that SH stuff except I'll say I really like the concept art with the "note monster". Love the cherry blossom imagery, the shades of pink and red, and I really appreciate how visually different it is from previous Silent Hill games.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
where's pyramid head

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The question should be 'when's pyramid head' :tinfoil:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Relin posted:

where's pyramid head

They've got to keep something under wraps to reveal later in the game, duh

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I refuse to believe a new Silent Hill game is coming until the box with a disc inside is physically in my hands.

This is what the.....9th or 10th time we've had a "NEW SILENT HILL TOTALLY COMING U GUISE!" since Silent Hill got cancelled like 7 years ago?

It's not real until it's on a store shelf, and even then I have extreme doubts that it won't just be another total mess of a game like the last 3 SH console games.

I'm saying I have literally 0 faith in Konami to actually pull off what Capcom did with their resurrection of the RE franchise.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Silent Hill should stay dead. Its DNA is already found in almost every new horror game these days, for better or worse, and the talent needed for a good Silent Hill game would be put to better use exploring new avenues for horror.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Relin posted:

where's pyramid head

Pyramid Head is dead, long live Robbie the Rabbit.

In this metaphor robbie is the Iill prepared prince that bankrupts the nation and gets absorbed into the HRE

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I dunno I kind of want to see a seasoned team with a big budget make another tedious depression allegory

I think psychological horror is one of those things that was good when it was new completely due to the novelty but so many lovely, lovely iterations have shown us that the constituent parts weren't very interesting in the first place

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Thinking of that flash silent hill game where the gimmick is internalized homophobia

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

I dunno I kind of want to see a seasoned team with a big budget make another tedious depression allegory

I think psychological horror is one of those things that was good when it was new completely due to the novelty but so many lovely, lovely iterations have shown us that the constituent parts weren't very interesting in the first place

I don't thinks it's a fundamental problem with the genre, like Silent Hill 3 is a kind of positive story about a teenager getting an abortion with the help of her dad, there's probably plenty of novel angles you could take with the format but it's a simple go-to to just have a protagonist be in denial about their actions so you can do a shocking rug pull later on

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Thinking of that flash silent hill game where the gimmick is internalized homophobia

I have no idea what you mean but I choose to believe that it's a long series of challenges where JoJo extras come at the protagonist and you have to press X to not find them hot.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'll be curious to see how the tv show works out. I know they love their cross media stuff, but it's mostly been tied in more directly alongside the games, having a separate show with an actual network will be interesting.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I got the story notes for the new SH, guys. Let me just open this folder and...

Huh it's just a post-it note that says "the player was the killer the whole time and this is all taking place in their head"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Morpheus posted:

I got the story notes for the new SH, guys. Let me just open this folder and...

Huh it's just a post-it note that says "the player was the killer the whole time and this is all taking place in their head"

You're mistaken. The folder isn't for SH, SH is just one of hundreds filed under that 1 post-it note.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Got Metro Exodus from the Ukraine Bundle. Are there any major traps or pitfalls to keep in mind? Never played the previous ones, but apparently there were giant gorillas in them inexplicably called "Librarians."

You mean the gorillas that inhabited the giant library and got pissy if you made too much noise?

Is there something i'm missing?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The Before I Play page is pretty good but a little bit spoilery

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Metro_Exodus

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Orangutans are usually the only primate found in Libraries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CuddleCryptid posted:

Alan Wake is getting a TV show? Remedy is finally achieving its lifelong dream.

The tv series becomes popular enough that they make a game based off it