Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ex post facho posted:

I may just skip voting entirely this year

don't make my mistake, sleep in on election day. drink, get high, whatever, don't vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

:thunk:

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

There's lots of reasons to show up and just leave federal seats blank -- e.g. if your local elections are on the same ballot as statewide, there are any statewide ballot measures, state AG is actual harm reduction, etc

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I have an idea for the Democrats: combine police funding bills and Ukraine funding bills so Thomas Massie and Rand Paul won't block them

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol if you think a Paul is motivated by anything other than spite and greed

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

There's lots of reasons to show up and just leave federal seats blank -- e.g. if your local elections are on the same ballot as statewide, there are any statewide ballot measures, state AG is actual harm reduction, etc

how many local races are going to be within 20 points where you live

maybe in the primary, but the general? lol. i guess they could be close if the red wave happens and a bunch of upsets happen in 'safe' blue seats

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

how about you eat my hot farts joe

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Breaking Bad is a lib show!?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
and yet none of them questions the central premise of the show, that healthcare is so unaffordable in America you have to sell meth to pay for it

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

https://twitter.com/muddaub/status/1525071329849769984

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mcmagic posted:

looks more like a leans left but doesn't vote show

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also, to pay for your federally employed DEA brother's rehab! truly, the lib brain is a thing to behold

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

no it's a tankie show.

it's a show about a public school teacher that has been so deeply failed by the neoliberal order that he becomes a drug kingpin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

https://twitter.com/HowTheWestWS/status/1524980573416017920

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
love the alt-left conservative neo-liberal perspective

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh poo poo it's time for MBS to take over fully

surely this bodes well for Biden

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

I keep thinking of Bad Faith’s interview with Chomsky where Bri and Virgil suggest that voting for Biden without him giving concessions to the left is dumb because Biden won’t fix the core issues and convincing person or to vote for someone who won’t fight for them is dishonest. Chomsky constantly responds with “BUT YOU’LL BE HELPING TRUMP WIN!!!!”

https://youtu.be/UnKKm5vh3pk

It’s amusing how everything Bri and Virgil said has come true a year and a half later.

I hate how easily this poo poo goes down the memory hole. Nearly every leftish media figure turned out to be completely wrong about supporting Biden but come 2024 those very same people will be held up as wise sages that we have to listen to.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Depends on how you take it.

"Wow this boring suburban dad turned himself into a badass! Wish I could do that!" - lib show

"Literally none of this would have happened in a functioning country that provides basic services to its citizens" - lefty show

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

why

do you think they're going to be contrite

No, I'm looking forward to rubbing in their faces that I either didn't vote or voted Green.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

is pepsi ok posted:

I hate how easily this poo poo goes down the memory hole. Nearly every leftish media figure turned out to be completely wrong about supporting Biden but come 2024 those very same people will be held up as wise sages that we have to listen to.

Chomsky says vote for Biden and the libs use it to badger leftists

Chomsky says Ukraine must negotiate with Russia and the libs call him a Putin-loving tankie

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

HAHAHANHAHAJNANAB

gently caress you

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Dialectics is one that I’ve never understood, actually—I’ve just never understood what the word means. Marx doesn’t use it, incidentally, it’s used by Engels. And if anybody can tell me what it is, I’ll be happy. I mean, I’ve read all kinds of things which talk about “dialectics”—I haven’t the foggiest idea what it is. It seems to mean something about complexity, or alternative positions, or change, or something. I don’t know.

If you don't mind the Geocities aesthetics and "for kids" framing this should get you up to speed in about 15 minutes.

http://www.dialectics4kids.org/

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1525113886189531136?s=20&t=QrYPoJFP3azoqNoZTQeN5Q

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine sincerely using a phrase like "harm reduction" after the events of the past five years.

Goddamn, how do you be that loving oblivious to what the Dems have done and still think "yeah, the people marching under their banner won't gently caress me over." I don't even know how the gently caress you can even have an account on these forums without some sort of custodial supervision to keep you from wiring all your loving money to an NFT scam

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

"and we're all for it!"

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Go ahead, tell me more about how exploitative it is to throw $40bn at unrelated poo poo while Americans are starved and dying.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Is "call your doctor" a step up or down from "google it"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"yeah, they've hosed us over but you should still support local Dems"

[Local Dems do same bullshit]

"Ah, well, nevertheless have you tried voting about it? Or moving to a blue state?"

Just so loving stupid.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the wind up girl was a documentary

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1524886219103973376

no escape

no escape

no escape

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

cant convince me ted lasso is a real show that people watch

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Imagine sincerely using a phrase like "harm reduction" after the events of the past five years.

Goddamn, how do you be that loving oblivious to what the Dems have done and still think "yeah, the people marching under their banner won't gently caress me over." I don't even know how the gently caress you can even have an account on these forums without some sort of custodial supervision to keep you from wiring all your loving money to an NFT scam

imagine flipping out like this when I mention that certain state elections in certain states can actually help people

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

ex post facho posted:

new age of sail? more like new age of fail

poo aids of fail

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1524886222505537536

benefiting from my school loans is.. there's a whole load of bagage in that sentence

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

imagine flipping out like this when I mention that certain state elections in certain states can actually help people

if this happens it happens independently of party because republicans accidentally do good things locally too and it does not change the fact that the democratic establishment as a whole is designed to stymie progress and disenfranchise anybody to the left of ronald reagan with red tape and appeals to identity politics

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

:thunk:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Imagine making an argument like "Not all Democrats" like a certified piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

is pepsi ok posted:

libs when it's time for war: "actually, you can't reference Chomsky. He did a genocide denial."

libs when it's time to vote: "look here you loving tankies, even Chomsky is saying to vote for Biden!"