Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Al-Saqr posted:

Imagine seeing things like this and not immediately supporting armed struggle against israel and giving the Palestinians every weapon on earth.

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1525096293365841920?s=20&t=rE3ddl0to68B4urgsaO4Yg
I'm sure this will receive the appropriate level of coverage from publications such as the New York Times.

edit: Headlines are describing it as "a clash" between mourners and police. I hate this.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Al-Saqr posted:

Imagine seeing things like this and not immediately supporting armed struggle against israel and giving the Palestinians every weapon on earth.

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1525096293365841920?s=20&t=rE3ddl0to68B4urgsaO4Yg

The us just gave Ukraine billions of dollars in weapons, I'm sure we can find a couple of billiona worth of bombs and stuff to give Hamas

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
They literally will not allow Palestinians the most basic scrap of human dignity even in death.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Dti

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

VitalSigns posted:

Mourners wounded amid Palestinian clashes with IDF at funeral

I guess they will find some pictures of palestinian teenagers wielding rocks too

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Would anyone be surprised if they just straight up stole her corpse?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sad lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Accurate. Then attacked the crowd carrying the casket. Doubling down on the crimes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The IDF somehow reaches a new low

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I cant understand why, really. Just yesterday they were denying and trying to save face and now they will look evil if even they could somehow prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that they didint kill her

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

I cant understand why, really. Just yesterday they were denying and trying to save face and now they will look evil if even they could somehow prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that they didint kill her

It’s because they have absolute power over life and death for every Palestinian and want to show it, and know that no matter what they do they’ll never face any consequences for it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nucleic Acids posted:

It’s because they have absolute power over life and death for every Palestinian and want to show it, and know that no matter what they do they’ll never face any consequences for it.
It's this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Nucleic Acids posted:

The answer is that Israelis are loving barbaric animals who truly only understand force and never backed down from any criminal activity until people could shoot at them like in Lebanon. The only reason Israelis stopped bombing that country on a regular basis is because hezbollah has their cities on lock.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Trying to remember what the proper treatment of a rabid animal is

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The crowd was armed with a casket. Did I mention they were ARMED?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
from a nyt article

quote:

In a statement, the Israeli police said they “took enforcement action” after some mourners began chanting “nationalist incitement” and after officers had given the crowd a warning. As the coffin was carried out of the hospital, police said, they were “forced to act” because “rioters began throwing stones toward the policemen.”

The police later distributed video showing an empty plastic bottle and two other bottle-shaped objects being thrown in the direction of the officers in the moments before they advanced on the pallbearers, and separate undated video showing several stones on the ground. There was no clear indication of when or how the stones had reached that spot.
loving video of rocks just laying there

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Israel must and shall suffer the wrath of a new Alexander the Great.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Could've been anything in that coffin, really

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Footage of the funeral before the brave Israeli police stepped in

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
israel is so transparent, so blatant, in its actions that it still staggers me that there are people that don't see it

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's basically a test to filter out people with some sense of decency from those who are willing to blind themselves. At least on this particular thing anyway.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I see often is when Israel engages in terrorism, their supporters bring up a nation like Russia or North Korea and would ask you why you are singling out Israel while other bad states also exist too?

Russia: United States, G7 and EU Impose Severe and Immediate Costs on Russia

• Full blocking sanctions on Russian elites and their family members, including sanctions on: President Putin’s adult children, Foreign Minister Lavrov’s wife and daughter, and members of Russia’s Security Council including former President and Prime Minister of Russia Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin.

• Prohibiting new investment in the Russian Federation.

• +4 more

Syria: . In 1979, the United States put Syria on the list of State Sponsors of Terrorism.

Sudan: U.S. Department of State sanctions on Sudan

Iran: U.S. Department of State sanctions on Iran

North Korea: The enormous list of sanctions against the DPRK is public.

Every nation Israeli supporters defer to as being a double standard are all sanctioned and punished for this. Israel is not and this is why so much attention is focused on Israel. When someone supporting Israel defers to the above nations, remind them that they are all already sanctioned and dealt with.

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 14, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Starpluck posted:

One thing I see often is when Israel engages in terrorism, their supporters bring up a nation like Russia or North Korea and would ask you why you are singling out Israel while other bad states also exist too?

Also, it's fun to say "You know it's possible to care about more than one thing at a time, right?" That sort of deferral is textbook whataboutism, and I find that answer satisfactorily succinct.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Also my tax dollars go directly to support the zionist occupiers which makes it morally incumbent on me to oppose them since my country is a nominal democracy

I don't know what the line is in D&D regarding Israel so I won't just say it but what do you think should happen to these people

https://twitter.com/Shepherds4Good/status/1525185141643132929

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The crowd was armed with a casket. Did I mention they were ARMED?

Journalists are "armed with cameras"*, mourners with coffins.

*recent IDF Tweet

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

israel is so transparent, so blatant, in its actions that it still staggers me that there are people that don't see it

Most people haven't read more than a fraction of a headline about Israel or Palestine in their lives. Support for Israel is entirely based on complacent ignorance and unchallenged domestic platitudes (Israel is the only democracy in the ME, Israel is the representative of Jewish people everywhere, we have a moral duty towards Israel etc) that are just sort of absorbed by the public through cultural osmosis.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel just murdered one of the most famous aljazeera correspondents in palestine while she was reporting in jenin

https://twitter.com/ajabreaking/status/1524243243642363905?s=21&t=LgLH5bqKL29j-e7UNF_htw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JorhbJtedV4&t=184s

Look at that loving fascist scum.

Support BDS https://bdsmovement.net/get-involved/join-a-bds-campaign

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

It's because they know the Western media will almost always try to both-sides any police-on-crowd violence, unless it happens in Iran or Russia. They can say the crowd was too violent or didn't obey orders to disperse, and all the reporters will nod their heads and dutifully write about "clashes" and "riots". They'll pretend the funeral turned into a riot, and that the authorities were regretfully forced to intervene to protect lives and property. As long as they don't shoot another person with a PRESS vest on at the funeral, they won't face much scrutiny overseas.

They have plenty of experience with this playbook, because it's pretty common for Israel to bust up funerals of Palestinians who were killed by IDF excesses, and how often do you hear about it? These funerals often become pretty big, attracting large numbers of Palestinians unhappy with Israeli rule - a perfect target for Israeli authorities. This is purely aimed at disrupting the Palestinian reaction.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Who had "The Palestinian's stole the Coffin and the police were just trying to get it back" as a possible excuse?

https://twitter.com/israelpolice/status/1525226565872893954

Oh yeah and it's total bullshit.

https://twitter.com/Freedland/status/1525227396877656064

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

https://old.reddit.com/r/Israel/comments/uorpop/israeli_police_attack_funeral_procession_of/i8hz3t2/

lol

edit:

Starpluck posted:

The nation I bring up is America.

Dans Macabre fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 14, 2022

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1525219780009111552

Bunch of utter loving pussies, but I didn’t expect any better

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Saying that they're "deeply troubled" is honestly better than what I expected, considering they could have just reinforced the bullshit "the police were just trying to recover the body from radicals stealing it" propaganda Israel put out.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Most people haven't read more than a fraction of a headline about Israel or Palestine in their lives. Support for Israel is entirely based on complacent ignorance and unchallenged domestic platitudes (Israel is the only democracy in the ME, Israel is the representative of Jewish people everywhere, we have a moral duty towards Israel etc) that are just sort of absorbed by the public through cultural osmosis.

This really isn't true though. There's a huge and incredibly well-funded propaganda apparatus that aggressively combats anti-Israel sentiment here, it's in no way passive. Those platitudes aren't something that just come out of nowhere, they're insisted upon by Israel apologists in the media and political classes so universally that the downstream public can draw no other conclusion

If you are someone with a platform(or someone seeking a platform) and you talk poo poo about Israel, that whole apparatus will start swinging its dick around until either your platform is gone or you have become so marginalized that it might as well be

Twelve by Pies posted:

Saying that they're "deeply troubled" is honestly better than what I expected, considering they could have just reinforced the bullshit "the police were just trying to recover the body from radicals stealing it" propaganda Israel put out.

Ehh I wouldn't go that far. The rhetorical point of the insane hard lines put out by Israel itself is that it creates space for supporters to frame their support in terms that appear nuanced or tempered when they're really not at all. With Democrat admins especially, it's pretty unlikely that they ever echo the exact propaganda line. There's no upside to it when they could simply feign discomfort while still backing Israeli brutality to the hilt

TheIncredulousHulk fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 14, 2022

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

This really isn't true though. There's a huge and incredibly well-funded propaganda apparatus that aggressively combats anti-Israel sentiment here, it's in no way passive. Those platitudes aren't something that just come out of nowhere, they're insisted upon by Israel apologists in the media and political classes so universally that the downstream public can draw no other conclusion

If you are someone with a platform(or someone seeking a platform) and you talk poo poo about Israel, that whole apparatus will start swinging its dick around until either your platform is gone or you have become so marginalized that it might as well be

And if you talk about this at all you get accused of antisemitism

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nucleic Acids posted:

And if you talk about this at all you get accused of antisemitism
The issue is that if you accuse someone who is Jewish of an audacious act, even if not antisemitic, it is considered antisemitic. If I accuse the Israeli government of harvesting organs of dead Palestinians without consent, this will get traced back to blood libel. My point is that Jews like non-Jews can engage in blood libel too, but only one group is protected from such libel.

If you accuse Middle Eastern terrorists of harvesting their dead enemies' organs or engaging in some weird ritual backed by Islam, this no longer has the same protections that have been given to the Jewish people.

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 14, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm curious about the protections given to jewish people and where mine are. Sounds pretty sweet.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yeah we don't have special protections but I understand folks get frustrated with coordinated efforts to shut down any reasonable criticism of israel. just getting a little nervous here.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm curious about the protections given to jewish people and where mine are. Sounds pretty sweet.

https://www.aipac.org

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I may have used the wrong phrasing. In Germany, publicly questioning the 1945 Holocaust is illegal. When it comes to the 1948 expulsion of Palestinians from Israel (Nakba), Germany joins Israel in banning any commemoration of this act of ethnic cleansing.

You would think that a country that bans any attempt to minimize the Holocaust would also be in favor of being against any attempt to diminish or hide the first of many ethnic cleansings against the Palestinian people.

I did not intend to invoke the Jewish people, but I highlighted this as an example of the double standard. An article from the NPR back in 2009 revealed that Israel banned any reference to the Nakba from school texts. The same country that will jail you for questioning the Holocaust publicly, is the same that denies the existence of one of their own acts of genocide.

Germany joins Israel by banning any demonstrations of the Nakba. Germany allows any commemorations of the Holocaust. Germany bans any public attempt to question the Holocaust. These were the protections I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1525493809878122496