Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Turkey is not supportive of Finland joining NATO

https://www.reuters.com/world/erdogan-says-turkey-not-positive-finland-sweden-joining-nato-2022-05-13/

“President Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday it was not possible for NATO-member Turkey to support plans by Sweden and Finland to join the pact, saying the Nordic countries were "home to many terrorist organisations".

Though Turkey has officially supported enlargement since it joined NATO 70 years ago, its opposition could pose a problem for Sweden and Finland given new members need unanimous agreement.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...foutputType=amp

Didnt see this posted - Young Thug has been arrested on Rico and gang related charges, plus a couple drug and gun felonies for kicks.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Grip it and rip it posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...foutputType=amp

Didnt see this posted - Young Thug has been arrested on Rico and gang related charges, plus a couple drug and gun felonies for kicks.

Has Popehat been notified?!?

I don't recall any Rico charges/arrests in the past few years at least. This should end up "Big News", correct?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lake of Methane posted:

Turkey is not supportive of Finland joining NATO

https://www.reuters.com/world/erdogan-says-turkey-not-positive-finland-sweden-joining-nato-2022-05-13/

“President Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday it was not possible for NATO-member Turkey to support plans by Sweden and Finland to join the pact, saying the Nordic countries were "home to many terrorist organisations".

Though Turkey has officially supported enlargement since it joined NATO 70 years ago, its opposition could pose a problem for Sweden and Finland given new members need unanimous agreement.”

Wonder if he's actually opposed or just wants a bribe before allowing it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/khadljasays/status/1525068306251644930?t=hT3MFWfYQ_C0HodhdxUszA&s=19

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

ASAPI posted:

Has Popehat been notified?!?

I don't recall any Rico charges/arrests in the past few years at least. This should end up "Big News", correct?

Absolutely, depending on how it all shakes out it could be a trial of the century type case. They're coming at Young Thug with a whole slew of charges and it will be interesting to see what they have beyond lyrics / social media / etc to prove their case.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah, first they shoot a press member in the head, now they cannot even let her go to rest in peace.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Wonder if he's actually opposed or just wants a bribe before allowing it.

When I read this I figured the latter was the case

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, first they shoot a press member in the head, now they cannot even let her go to rest in peace.

Did they actually figure out who shot who? I’ll admit I haven’t been following it (or honestly care too much about I/P issues), but I recall a news report pop up saying that the PA wouldn’t turn over the bullet. Granted I have no clue of the validity, just something I saw yesterday, so I’m just looking for clarification one way or the other.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Did they actually figure out who shot who? I’ll admit I haven’t been following it (or honestly care too much about I/P issues), but I recall a news report pop up saying that the PA wouldn’t turn over the bullet. Granted I have no clue of the validity, just something I saw yesterday, so I’m just looking for clarification one way or the other.

Given that IDF has shot people in the past without warranting it, I suspect its their doing.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The Palestinian Ministry of Health that conducted the autopsy and stated the bullet is Israeli refused to turn it over to the Israelis who were asking for it. Why would Palestine not comply with Israel's request in investigation after Israel released footage of what they said was the fight where she was killed that was rapidly geolocated to be miles away from where they died? (paraphrasing NPR report from Wednesday afternoon)

https://twitter.com/m7mdkurd/status/1525109788866187269?t=uSm9Kl4qo1nMU6VmZmaOGg&s=19

Cool

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 13, 2022

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Marshal Prolapse posted:

If a hit went down and witnesses said they saw a mafia hitman do it, would you turn the physical evidence you have over to the local Don? What if he insists really hard his guys didn't do it, and says that he's got security camera footage from a few towns over of someone else who maybe also owned a gun?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

that isn't a fair analogy because the Don doesn't control a region of land that is literally necessary for them to control for the rapture to happen

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Our steadfast NATO ally Turkey, the primary economic and military partner to *checks notes* the Islamic State in Syria very concerned about the scourge of Scandinavian terror cells putting pickled fish in the global food supply.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
To be fair saponified fish proteins are one of the gravest crimes of the modern era.

Edit: I really hope there are security plans that don't include Turkey as a NATO member.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

maffew buildings posted:

that isn't a fair analogy because the Don doesn't control a region of land that is literally necessary for them to control for the rapture to happen

I hadn't heard that she was killed by christian pretribulationist premillenialists. That should make Israel happy, yet they're still putting out cop poo poo like this:

quote:

An Israeli military interim report on Thursday said the fatal shot could have come from "massive fire from Palestinian gunmen", or possibly from "a few bullets" fired by a soldier "at a terrorist who was firing at his vehicle".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-61437601

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1525116824840437761?t=SLPwTu6TXEOGNKkDTcF-7Q&s=19

Palestinians once again using their deadliest weapon, rocks

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Mysteriously feel like if a country like China or Venezuela had shot a US citizen journalist in the head, it would be bigger news and covered more angrily in the US

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

RIP to another one:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/fred-ward-dead-dies-tremors-the-right-stuff-1235266338/

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Remo Williams finally fell off the Statue of Liberty.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

not sure you used the right video with the second one? I didnt' see anything about eugenics or pedophilia

It says "libertarian" right in the title. :v:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

Mysteriously feel like if a country like China or Venezuela had shot a US citizen journalist in the head, it would be bigger news and covered more angrily in the US

Nothing would really happen other than outage.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

idk chainsawing one inside an embassy didn't ruffle many feathers

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Welp, I guess it's time to give True Detective S2 a try.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Our steadfast NATO ally Turkey, the primary economic and military partner to *checks notes* the Islamic State in Syria very concerned about the scourge of Scandinavian terror cells putting pickled fish in the global food supply.

He's basing his upset-ness on the long Kurdish presence we have. I can't really speak for the details in Finland but Sweden was one of the places that took in Kurdish refugees from you-know-what and subsequently is one of the places where the Kurdish diaspora naturally "organises", aka exists.

This is the long way of saying, yes, he wants a bribe. Again. It's Erdogan, whenever he mentions Europe it's because he's trying to squeeze someones balls - and most if the time it works.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

idk chainsawing one inside an embassy didn't ruffle many feathers

Journalists getting murdered becoming commonplace and accepted definitely bodes well for the future of this rotten species

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1525064834550845440?s=20&t=v7MSKRgOLdq6RIrO5RmVXg

Classic boomer Democrat stuck in the 1990s bullshit. Police budgets have never been higher despite whining from snowflake cops about how everyone hates them, maybe we should...try something different?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
This is exactly what people voted for when they pulled the lever for President Crime Bill and Copmala

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1525064834550845440?s=20&t=v7MSKRgOLdq6RIrO5RmVXg

Classic boomer Democrat stuck in the 1990s bullshit. Police budgets have never been higher despite whining from snowflake cops about how everyone hates them, maybe we should...try something different?

:doh: Uggghhhh.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

How many times did Corn Pop take his loving lunch money. Let it go, bro.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

He understands the anxieties of the boomer middle class towards the poors and melanin-endowed

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Joe for Busing Biden? Funding the police? A racist institution?

Unreal.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
How is he so bad?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

How is he so bad?

He's american and old

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is this some attempt by him to say "Hey, I'm a Dem but I like police, #BlueLivesMatter, please vote for me in two years"?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is this some attempt by him to say "Hey, I'm a Dem but I like police, #BlueLivesMatter, please vote for me in two years"?

it's also National Cop week in DC, so, there's like a million loving LEO Harleys everywhere.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pretty much. We're also not the audience for this, mush-brained suburbanites are.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://cat-uxo.com/explosive-hazards/ied/body-cavity-bomb-suicide

Also the entire site is an amazing resource on unexploded ordinance with hundreds of different categories and examples, but read the story about attempt in 2008 on the Saudi prince.

But Jesus Christ the stuff you guys had to put up with in Iraq and Afghanistan is insane!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Also the entire site is an amazing resource on unexploded ordinance with hundreds of different categories and examples, but read the story about attempt in 2008 on the Saudi prince.

But Jesus Christ the stuff you guys had to put up with in Iraq and Afghanistan is insane!

We had a warning of a Bike IED- a bicycle that had the frame filled with PETN- after one was captured. One guy knew- loving KNEW- that was his cause of death.

That gently caress didnt even see an exercise bike in theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Body bombs were a lot of effort for not much reward compared to someone just wearing a burqa or, uhh, whatever the flowing, loose outfit for out in the desert was called, then loading ten pounds of TNT around your waist.

Now a dead animal on the side of the road? Yeah that thing was probably hollowed out and waiting to go boom.