Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fadam posted:

That'd be cool. It'd also be a good excuse for all the sets next year to be related to old events/stories in Magic history.
still hoping for reimagined Homelands/Fallen Empires etc sets

I want the cool crayfish people to be good cards :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

lmao holy poo poo. I know it's "premium product premium set" or whatever but that's absolutely insane

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

lmao holy poo poo. I know it's "premium product premium set" or whatever but that's absolutely insane

well I guess normal collector boxes are $240 so that doesn't seem too bad...wait, FOUR packs?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

:whitewater:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MonsieurChoc posted:

Are they gonna bring back Madness?

It's called "booster fun"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What was the plot relevance of Urabrask being in New Capenna anyway, was that actually brought up in anything

He's there recovering after getting his rear end beat on NPH (off camera).
Halo is a super secret all powerful weapon against phyrexians. No I won't be explaaining how.
Urabrask wants Halo to get back at Elsh Norn because being Red-aligned he's not a fan of phyrexian dogma. (in part because dogma means rules)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Elvis_Maximus posted:

“This product isn’t for you”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's like those stupid VIP packs that were, what? 80 bucks each? These products don't really bother me heh.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
VIP boosters of the first Double Masters were similarly priced, they just hosed up the PR by not doing the same thing again, now people are doing math n poo poo and get angry

edit okay I actually did the math and these boosters are ten bux more than a VIP

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The vip packs were guaranteed two of those super shiny box toppers, whereas I dunno about these regular collector boosters. Unless it's like, 15 rares/mythics per pack straight up, which it definitely won't be, I'm entirely disinterested in these. Current collector boosters which can usually be found for like 15-17 bucks (except kamigawa) are already at the line if not over it, this poo poo is hilariously more of a cash grab than ever before

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah unless they're literally just foil rares and mythics or something these are somehow even more of a rip off than the VIP packs.

Even then I think there's basically no chance of it being even close to worth as much as they're asking for it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

VIP boosters of the first Double Masters were similarly priced, they just hosed up the PR by not doing the same thing again, now people are doing math n poo poo and get angry

edit okay I actually did the math and these boosters are ten bux more than a VIP

Theyre a bit less, most places had VIP boxes at $100 at release, each box had 2 foil rares and 2 foil box toppers.

These CE boosters come to $57 and if current CE distro is go by will have more rares and mythics spread out over the various variants.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 13, 2022

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Theyre a bit less, most places had VIP boxes at $100 at release, each box had 2 foil rares and 2 foil box toppers.

These CE boosters come to $57 and if current CE distro is go by will have more rares and mythics spread out over the various variants.

I forgot to convert currencies, you are right

all this money poo poo made them reprint the wrong Liliana, it's like design number crunching but for secondary market prices :mad:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

but they can't afford to compensate their employees for broken contracts. this poor little indie game company

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Did they finally ban enough cards to make Lili playable again?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

all this money poo poo made them reprint the wrong Liliana, it's like design number crunching but for secondary market prices :mad:

I guarantee you that's what did it. "We know this'll sell amazing, let's reprint the cheaper Liliana this time and save LotV for a set we're not sure of. Oh and throw Aminatou in too for some reason."

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

kalel posted:

but they can't afford to compensate their employees for broken contracts. this poor little indie game company

Apparently she has shamed them into actually paying her.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm dumb they already brought back madness.

Is Madness the one way One With Nothing could be used?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm dumb they already brought back madness.

Is Madness the one way One With Nothing could be used?

I always assumed One With Nothing was a meta joke about Wizards stealing $4 from you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Even the box art is shocked at how much it's going for.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I guess I should look into going to FNMs and stuff if I really want to use those cards I impuls epurchased during the pandemic.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I guess I should look into going to FNMs and stuff if I really want to use those cards I impuls epurchased during the pandemic.

Paper Magic kicks rear end and is the best way to play. If you have a store near your house I'd definitely check it out.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

Delirium was printed in 2016, two years before Arena was in open beta, and had cards with the same static p/t bonus but counting a different graveyard threshold, so I'm gonna guess it was likely not designed with Arena-only pandemic world in mind.

Yeah I guess you're right. It felt a little harder to track (five things with small symbols vs. four things with a greater difference in card frames) but also it was my sixth match of paper Magic in two years so I was disoriented.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Elvis_Maximus posted:

If they're going for this much price discrimination between the deluxe card versions and the standard, they should add another, lower tier of boosters that are like two dollars, 0% chance of a foil/alt frame treatment, printed one sided with blank backs (you're just gonna sleeve em anyway right?)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Crack them boxes so I can buy singles cheap, dear whales

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Last Hope was around $20 which is way too much for a cardboard rectangle, we're just in the hecked up spot where it's the 4th most expensive Liliana.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Framboise posted:

:yeah: please do

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

fadam posted:

Paper Magic kicks rear end and is the best way to play. If you have a store near your house I'd definitely check it out.

Unfortunately I don't. there's one a bus ride away but it has no event on it's website calendar and last time I went there (years ago) the staff seemed rude.

There's a couple of stores with good reputations even further away lol.

Edit: I used to play casual with friends in high school and college.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

LifeLynx posted:

Yeah I guess you're right. It felt a little harder to track (five things with small symbols vs. four things with a greater difference in card frames) but also it was my sixth match of paper Magic in two years so I was disoriented.

It's telegraphing that it's going to matter, but at prerelease when I added a new mana cost to my graveyard I put the card slightly below the previous cards revealing the name and mana cost prior. That way both players could clearly see if the threshold was reached.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Framboise posted:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
What happened to Unfinity? I thought that was scheduled for this summer or fall and remember it being delayed but now WotC didn't even mention it yesterday.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They only mentioned the summer releases so it probably got pushed to winter.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

mandatory lesbian posted:

Look i try to be nice but tyrannids should be jund instead of temur, wtf

They should be 5 Colours, like Slivers, in fact they should literally just be Slivers kinda.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AngryBooch posted:

What happened to Unfinity? I thought that was scheduled for this summer or fall and remember it being delayed but now WotC didn't even mention it yesterday.

They finally realized calling their set "Unfun ity" was a bad idea

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's unfinity, like infinity as in to infinity and beyond

it got delayed due to supply chain issues which sucks since it missed the April 1st launch date, and I imagine they're waiting to find the right spot to slot it in as soon as it all resolves gotta have your supplemental set take a backseat to standard releases

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

flatluigi posted:

it's unfinity, like infinity as in to infinity and beyond

lol no way

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lord_Magmar posted:

They should be 5 Colours, like Slivers, in fact they should literally just be Slivers kinda.

Not really. The big difference between them is that slivers can adapt and mutate based on what other slivers are in proximity to them. Tyranids, on the other hand, are bioengineered by the hive mind to fulfill specific tasks, and once they've been spawned, they're locked into whatever configuration they were spawned as. So if I have a pack of little speedy guys with scything talons and a pack of guys with guns that shoot flesh-eating beetles as ammunition, putting them near each other won't make the close-combat ones suddenly sprout guns or make the ranged ones suddenly run faster.

That said, I do agree that they would make more sense being five colors instead of three.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Huxley posted:

I always assumed One With Nothing was a meta joke about Wizards stealing $4 from you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ndD-QmPJg

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm case anyone was curious, here's the Double Masters 2 CE pack

Features & details

4 Double Masters 2022 MTG Collector Boosters

15 Magic cards + 1 foil token in each booster

6 Borderless cards in every pack—Textured Foil Borderless card in 3% of boosters

1 Foil-Etched + 10–11 Traditional Foil cards in every pack

4 cards of rarity Rare or higher in every pack

Vvv It was 10 full art regular lands, 2 foil full art lands, 8 foil uncommon, 9 foil commons, 2 foil rares or better and 2 foil boxtoppers.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lol what was the breakdown of the Double Masters Vip box? Didn't they also come with full art foil land reprints as well that made up the bulk of the pack?

Found it:

VIP Edition
The VIP Edition acts as a replacement for Collector Boosters for Double Masters. Each pack includes 33 cards plus two foil double-sided tokens. You can view the full contents below:

2 foil showcase rares or mythics
2 foil rares or mythics
8 foil uncommons
9 foil commons
12 full-art basic lands (2 are foil)
2 foil double-sided tokens

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 13, 2022