Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

fins posted:

Roger Ver, He popped up in my part of the caribbean, got scammed by another crook who promised him citizenship here and has been through a lengthy court battle to get his money back. latest i'm seeing from the high court is that he's trying to squeeze US$400,000+ from a defunct company with $30,000 in assets.

https://www.thenewtodaygrenada.com/local-news/roger-ver-vs-robert-oveson/

:lol: :discourse: :lol:

I cannot tell you how much this made my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
it's fine
https://twitter.com/concodanomics/status/1525018209035898880

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

fins posted:

Roger Ver, He popped up in my part of the caribbean, got scammed by another crook who promised him citizenship here and has been through a lengthy court battle to get his money back. latest i'm seeing from the high court is that he's trying to squeeze US$400,000+ from a defunct company with $30,000 in assets.

https://www.thenewtodaygrenada.com/local-news/roger-ver-vs-robert-oveson/

good to see he's still got the touch (for producing lols)

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gschmidl posted:

:lol: :discourse: :lol:

I cannot tell you how much this made my day.

https://youtu.be/oCOjCEth6xI

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"Web 0.00003" :piss:

I remember this but it's never not funny.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Man, not even a dead cat bounce. Just straight to hell.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
dead cat decompose

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
There’s still several fed rate hikes to come and the drawdown of bond holdings but people are still hanging on like the power of blockchain is gonna make the fed go “poof”

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i think that is the dead cat bounce. it's just the market cap being artificially inflated as trillions of lunas were created, while the price increased from 0.003 to 0.012 (shortly thereafter cratering to 0.00003)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this helped me understand the why

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 13, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I haven't posted in a Bitcoin thread in a long time but I'm wondering if anyone knows what #include means

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it means include yourself in the bitcoin revolution. buy the dip!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

I haven't posted in a Bitcoin thread in a long time but I'm wondering if anyone knows what #include means

lmao, that dunce wanted to audit the bitcoin source code

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i remember reading yospos back when asics first became a thing and butterfly labs was sending out just the worst poo poo to buttcoiners

same... whatever happened to that crypto neckbeard who was obsessed with '92 ford explorers and selling used capacitors for butts?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bluecobra posted:

same... whatever happened to that crypto neckbeard who was obsessed with '92 ford explorers and selling used capacitors for butts?

logansryche, but making fun of him is pretty poo poo because he was genuinely intellectually challenged, like ward of the state challenged.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I skipped over 1000 posts and I just wanted to say

lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EorayMel posted:

I skipped over 1000 posts and I just wanted to say

lol

So what?

Stephen Harper
Apr 13, 2011

Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it.
i don't know why everyone is so worried, according to isthiscoinascam.com Terra still has a C rating

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
very disappointed isthiscoinascam.com isn't just the word "yes"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

(One of) my favorite cryptocurrency adventure(s) was the guy stealing water in California to grow weed with Chinese surplus solar panels and selling it for bitcoins and telling people on Reddit "compete with me" and made a bad 2009 poser era 3d graphic of his grow op representation instead of taking a single blurry picture of a dirty trailer.

And I also just remembered that one person in reddit from 2017 or so about trying to buy a fully automatic shotgun from "Eurasia" with bitcoins and getting a very surprising visit from the ATF

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

you can always tell when there's been a big crypto crash because paypal sends out a bunch of marketing emails to say YO HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING CRYPTO?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

this helped me understand the why

also the algorithm trying to give sellers $1 for 1 UST had no way of taking into account all its references being in freefall. the latency of pricing and the systems was all that kept it from being at 0 almost at the start.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
oh no I think the god damnit bruce not again video is gone, I had it in a playlist of funny bitcoin things and it isn't there anymore:cry:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Stephen Harper posted:

i don't know why everyone is so worried, according to isthiscoinascam.com Terra still has a C rating

im conservative bitcoin

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/stablechen/stat...ingawful.com%2F

let’s just have a redo we promise to get it right the second time!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Is the Internet Of Things™ AKA having strangers coming into your house at 3:00 AM for the purposes of using your washing machine so your washing machine can pay off the debt it accrued from getting scammed by your oven's ponzi scheme still a thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the letting strangers use your stuff part of the gig economy is still alive. there's one for swimming pools now

the oven and washing machine trading debt instruments stuff was always fringe bullshit and I don't think it ever happened in any meaningful form

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

https://twitter.com/stablechen/stat...ingawful.com%2F

let’s just have a redo we promise to get it right the second time!

bitcoin legend goes that satoshi, may his teeth grow ever longer, was so disgusted by the government bailouts he created bitcoin, how would he feel to see all these bailouts in bitcoin now?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
question for the long timers, who was that turbo catholic guy, and what did he do again? this had to be like 2012/2013.

the guy with the crazy number scheme

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

blugu64 posted:

question for the long timers, who was that turbo catholic guy, and what did he do again? this had to be like 2012/2013.

the guy with the crazy number scheme

lol I remember that guy, he was teaching his kids to use it as well

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

luke-jr, the one proponent of tonal number systems

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
also the dude who was selling silver and loving up the purity of it somehow.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wonder what happened to the guy who got heat stroke from his mining equipment

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

also the dude who was selling silver and loving up the purity of it somehow.

Lmao, that one was the best. It was something insane like melting two 50% silver ingots together and trying to sell it as 100% silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Yeaaaa Bruce Pattaya Wagner, that was the dude. Bummed to hear those compilations may be lost.

Lol Roger Ver and the other bitcointalk superstars, what a nostalgia rush.

Didn't BFL have a certain CSR that became quite a main character with their emails and especially message board posts?