Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not waking my husband up for his 5AM walk?

Every single time one of these "my husband blew up on me over something insignificant!" posts comes up, I automatically assume the husband is cheating. The 5am walkies that take 2 hours is definitely him seeing his side piece, who probably works a night shift or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hot goth gf, piercings, ACAB possum :heysexy:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, now I'm embarrassed! :v:

Edit: here, in penance, some schad from the thread.

:owned:

Get a new best friend you nerd.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

Am I the only one that raised an eyebrow at this and wanted to know the races? I feel like it could be anywhere on the spectrum from "its only a sex thing why are bringing race into this you weirdo" to "we need to resurrect Grant or Sherman and send them to their house."

The very next paragraph:

quote:

I couldn't believe they could be such racist, disgusting perverts.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

From way back but my old rear end Sunbeam Hot Shot died this morning, and I remembered kettle chat itt, so I just purchased this one. Thanks!

And as penance for bringing back a two-month old topic, here's a two-year old post about kettles:

AITA for not using the proper adjectives describing a hot water kettle?

quote:

Backstory: My girlfriend (27F) and I (29M) live together. She has a leg circulation problem which causes her pain. She gets some relief by resting her legs on one of those old red rubber hot water bottles. When I see she's having a bad day, I'll put the kettle on and fill up the hot water bottle so she can put her feet up.

Im here in the doghouse after a massive argument over the electric kettle. Knowing she would be home soon, I put the kettle on and started mopping the kitchen. As she came through the door I told her I've put the kettle on for her hot water bottle and warned her that it is warm.

Without notice, she rushes to the kettle and grabs it by the sides, burning her palms. She did not even check the temperature. Just grabbed the kettle by the sides. I run up and put her hands under cold running water. Now she fuming mad calling me an rear end in a top hat for telling her the kettle is "warm."

When I ask her why she grabbed the kettle by the sides she claims I am calling her stupid for grabbing a hot water kettle. I asked of she grabs a pot off the stove by the sides instead of the handle.

She yells at me that theres a difference between warm and hot. That warm means less than hot.

To me a warm item is anything with greater than it's average temperature. I somehow have to defend myself on the use of "wrong adjectives" because I have poor communication skills.

She has managed to turn this into me not listening to her and how I don't listen to other's opinions.

Anyways I can hear her sister on the phone calling me a dickhead. I'm worried about her hands. Also baffled, having never seen a full grown person grab a kettle by the sides. AITA?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Skutter posted:

From way back but my old rear end Sunbeam Hot Shot died this morning, and I remembered kettle chat itt, so I just purchased this one. Thanks!

And as penance for bringing back a two-month old topic, here's a two-year old post about kettles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUG9VzHoEoc

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

therobit posted:

They make hand crank pasta machines that are basically what people in Italy use. You clamp it to the edge of your table or counter and run it through smaller and smaller gaps until you are ready to run it through the spaghetti or linguine roller.

Star watching at around 5:15 or so:

https://youtu.be/myuO863XT08

I (and so many other people) have that exact pasta roller. They've been making them basically unchanged for many decades. They are great and easy to use (if you have a lot of counter space), but they do not make spaghetti. Spaghetti, bucatini, penne, ziti, etc are extruded pastas. Linguini is flat so you can make it with one of those.

I get that the person in your video is calling that thing they made spaghetti, but it's not. That smaller side of the cutter makes perfectly serviceable thin noodles, but they are flat/square noodles.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skutter posted:

Circulate this person out of your life, OP.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Skutter posted:

quote:

When I ask her why she grabbed the kettle by the sides she claims I am calling her stupid for grabbing a hot water kettle.

She is, though

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

She sounds like that dude who didn't know oven mitts existed.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

she's probably not getting any smarter

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Skutter posted:

Every single kettle on earth comes with a handle. Also, even if it was cold, why would you grab it with 2 hands?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Regardless of the specific temperature of the kettle why the gently caress did she not grab the handle?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have bad news for you about Iceland.

:confused:

I went on one of the best dives I've ever been on in Iceland. Look up Thingvellir (not gonna put in the Icelandic symbol for the first letter because I'm lazy), which is interesting enough in its own right as the place where governance meetings between the tribes happened for a thousand years, but also contains Silfra, which is pure unadulterated glacial runoff.

Cold as gently caress, obviously, but whatever you wear a drysuit, and in exchange you get to hover in the clearest water you've ever seen - visibility of 300+ feet, in the bigger parts. It's magnificent.

VVVV oh so kettles are like sharks?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

pentyne posted:

Every single kettle on earth comes with a handle. Also, even if it was cold, why would you grab it with 2 hands?

the sides are smooth, you can't just open-hand palm a kettle :rolleye:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

hot goth gf, piercings, ACAB possum :heysexy:

I can't fix her (she's perfect)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

So many people getting mad at others for doing something stupid themselves

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Skutter posted:

I looked it up and this one has a happy ending. :unsmith:

quote:

Thanks for your concern. This is just a new hurdle for us. We're newly moved in together and we are both unfamiliar with the household gadgets that the other has brought with them. I am an avid tea drinker so I have an electric kettle.

As you said, she calmed down. Came back and laughed it out. Her sister still doesnt like me for other reasons. She explained that her hands were cold and despite my best attempt at a warning interpreted "warm" as safe. Luckily her hands weren't actually burnt, she just got a very warm surprise. Now both of us understand where we mean. Also she won't be grabbing the kettle by the sides anymore.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DoubleNegative posted:

I looked it up and this one has a happy ending. :unsmith:

Talking it out?! Get this sick filth OUTTA HERE!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

hallo spacedog posted:

She sounds like that dude who didn't know oven mitts existed.

For all the horrible mental images this thread can conjure, the thought of this dude screaming as he pulls pizzas out of the oven makes it all worthwhile.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

maybe don't go vent to your sister within five minutes of getting mad at your boyfriend over some poo poo you did if you know you're an emotional dumbass who will get over it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Talking it out?! Get this sick filth OUTTA HERE!

respectful communication, the kryptonite of this thread

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I can't find the original although I could swear it was published here, so reposting with update.

My dad is furious that my mom slept with other people in an open marriage he wanted.

Update: (18 April, 2022)

:cawg:

New update!

quote:

A lot of poo poo has happened since my last update. Firstly, I wanted to thank all the well-wishers on my previous posts. Writing these posts has helped me process the stuff that's happening, so I'm making another one.

My mom's attorney, the one recommended by my mom's gym friend Lisa, has been a great help. She walked my mom through what's going to happen and reassured her. She started looking through the company stuff in preparation for the divorce proceedings and we found a lot of shocking stuff.

I don't know why I was surprised by this, but my dad was having affairs for a long time. He used company resources to book flights and resorts at holiday destinations. There were receipts for many trips with multiple women, spanning the last 10 years. Because he was always absent from our lives, my mom didn't suspect anything. It didn't seem like he made any effort to hide these.

He also used the company email to talk to his secretary about the affair stuff. Turns out, they were loving months before my dad asked my mom for an open relationship. This is what we gathered from their emails - after months of their affair, the secretary didn't want to remain a mistress. So, she started pestering my dad to get a divorce. But they wanted my mom to initiate it so that he could get a massive chunk of the company. The secretary came up with the idea of asking my mom for the open relationship. They hoped that my mom would be horrified and ask for a divorce. They were caught off guard when my mom agreed. My dad got jealous when my mom started having sex. After initiating the divorce, he deleted all his emails and told his secretary to do it too. Unfortunately for him, they were still stored the company email server.

I haven't seen my dad in over a month. All of his communication has been through his attorney. He apparently wants half the company. My mom's attorneys are still looking for more evidence, but they told us that they don't expect him to get much with the evidence they have. Lisa has been supporting my mom through the whole ordeal. She also got a divorce because her husband cheated on her, so she's been helping my mom a lot.

He's going to wind up pennyless and in jail for embezzlement by the end of this.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hughlander posted:

New update!

He's going to wind up pennyless and in jail for embezzlement by the end of this.

:bisonyes:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

For all the horrible mental images this thread can conjure, the thought of this dude screaming as he pulls pizzas out of the oven makes it all worthwhile.

"This is the worst part"

I laugh every time I remember it.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Hughlander posted:

New update!

:sickos:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

kdrudy posted:

"This is the worst part"

I laugh every time I remember it.

Was he raised wrong as a joke?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA Husband doesn’t want kids at all but says he may want to have kids with someone else in the future?

quote:

My husband(39) has always said for years that he does not want kids and literally complains about every child he sees being loud and annoying. He calls kids a human cancer virus! I(29) have never wanted kids and we had many many conversations about this when we first got married. We have been married for 6 almost 7 years and not once has he ever expressed wanting to have kids. I have an IUD and I need to get a new one placed that would last 5-7yrs. I told my husband that I would get another one but then after that we should talk about him getting a vasectomy or other means of birth control. IUD’s last and are a great form of birth control but getting it placed and removed hurts like a bitch and this will be my 3rd one. I will be in my mid to late 30’s by then and he late 40’s.

We were only having a light conversation about this and all of a sudden my husband says well I don’t want to get a vasectomy because one day we may split and another woman might convince me to have kids so absolutely no. Not that I don’t want to because we may change our mind one day about this or because I just don’t want to. He chose to say that he may one day have another wife that may want to have kids so he will with her but has expressed to me that he doesn’t want to EVER have kids. Am I crazy or is that a horrible thing he chose to say to me? Who wants to hear their partner say something like that? I am livid and it makes me feel suspicious about whether he really wants kids and just not with me. Am I the rear end in a top hat or is he?

Taking Reasons to Get Divorced for $500, Alex.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What an incredible power move

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gotta keep my swimmers in case you don't work out and i have to put a baby in a newer model

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Hughlander posted:

New update!

oh my god i hope this is real

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for arguing with my husbands doctor and acting like a Karen because they wouldn't listen

quote:

Husband has a sore foot. No injury or medical condition that would explain the pain but he hasn't been able to walk properly for about a week. Being the absolute pain in my rear end that he is, he's refused to go to the doctors until today, apparently he preferred to just pop paracetamol and complain to me.

It's gotten progressively more swollen and misshapen looking and today its gone a funny colour and he can't put any weight on it. So I called our GP who has sent him to the walk in clinic at our local hospital.

We finally get seen and the doctor refused to even examine it. Told him without even looking at the foot that it was a sprain and he wasn't going to prescribe him any painkillers so not to ask. Then he started demonstrating some kind of exercises that involved going up and down on tiptoes and flexing the toes.

I asked if he would please just look as it has gone nearly black in some spots and looks similar to how my wrist looked when I broke it a few years ago. He huffed at me and asked where my medical degree was from.

It put my back up and I demanded to see another doctor or his senior. I was the rear end in a top hat here because it wasn't me being treated so I get he thought I was a pushy cow- husband wouldn't say boo to a goose in medical situations and would have accepted the doctors instructions without any questions about actually needing to be examined.

Doctor left and we heard him outside the cubicle telling the senior doctor that they have a confrontational spouse who thinks her Web md searching qualifies her to instruct real doctors how to practice medicine. He also states that he suspects my husband of exaggeration to get opiates.

By the time the other doctor arrives I'm seething and lay out exactly what went on and explained I only want someone to look at the foot before sending us away.

He looks....cue xrays, an mri, the good painkillers and a walking boot cast thing with potential to need surgery because he's got 7 stress fractures in that foot- probably from running. Admittedly worse than they needed to be because he didn't get any treatment when it first started to hurt.

Second doctor and someone from the hospital admin come and apologise for the first doctor and ask if we want to make a formal complaint. So I did because the outcome of his not listening to the patient or family could have been worse. Husband did not.

Husband said later that the first doctor may get sacked because of me complaining and I should have left it because no real harm was done.

Was it an AH move to complain? I don't usually have Karen tendencies but he was just so patronising and dismissive and I kept thinking what if it was a young mother with a sick baby and he dissmised that- not everything would stand their ground and there could be really serious consequences.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Every single time one of these "my husband blew up on me over something insignificant!" posts comes up, I automatically assume the husband is cheating. The 5am walkies that take 2 hours is definitely him seeing his side piece, who probably works a night shift or something.

His reaction makes me think that there are some real consequences for missing whatever it is. Like there's money involved or something.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for wanting to open a box that has a “do not open” note on it?

quote:

My (24f) mother passed away about a month ago. Since then my sister (39) and I have started to clear out the house. It’s the house we grew up in. It’s obviously been difficult going through moms things especially because my sister is super protective over so many things. I think she would prefer to do it alone because she keeps asking me to not be “too nosey”. Anyway, today I was going through the attic and found a metal box with a note on it that just said “Do not open”. I brought it to my sister and said we should find the key and try to open it and she became angry. She said I was disrespecting my mothers wishes etc. I told her I didn’t think it was a big deal and we should open it. (I didn’t say this but it’s not like mom is around to care about her stuff anymore?) My sister insisted I put it back and not try to open it. Her and my mom were always a bit closer and had their own little secrets together. I guess because my sister is the firstborn? But I think she’s being too dramatic about a random box. But maybe I’m wrong, AITA?

C'mon....if you find a terrible family secrets box you're required by law to open it!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for arguing with my husbands doctor and acting like a Karen because they wouldn't listen

Oh no, the doctor who didn't help you and tried to prescribe exercises for multiple stress fractures because he figured you were a drug seeker without any evidence might get sacked? What a loss that would be

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

AKA Pseudonym posted:

His reaction makes me think that there are some real consequences for missing whatever it is. Like there's money involved or something.

That was when he was supposed to make the drug drop and now the cartel is after him.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

C'mon....if you find a terrible family secrets box you're required by law to open it!

Older sister is quietly stealing all the good stuff

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sisal Two-Step posted:

quote:

Husband said later that the first doctor may get sacked because of me complaining and I should have left it because no real harm was done.

Should have let him die of this entirely preventable injury. Not only too useless to go to a doctor, or to advocate for himself, but angry at someone else advocating for him and saving his life, or at least limb!

Edit:

Brawnfire posted:

Oh no, the doctor who didn't help you and tried to prescribe exercises for multiple stress fractures because he figured you were a drug seeker without any evidence might get sacked? What a loss that would be

I wonder how many Americans have died or become permanently disabled because of this "they just want to get prescribed opiates" moral panic.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 13, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The box holds the mother's ghost and by opening it you're releasing her from this realm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

SyNack Sassimov posted:

:confused:

I went on one of the best dives I've ever been on in Iceland. Look up Thingvellir (not gonna put in the Icelandic symbol for the first letter because I'm lazy), which is interesting enough in its own right as the place where governance meetings between the tribes happened for a thousand years, but also contains Silfra, which is pure unadulterated glacial runoff.

Cold as gently caress, obviously, but whatever you wear a drysuit, and in exchange you get to hover in the clearest water you've ever seen - visibility of 300+ feet, in the bigger parts. It's magnificent.
I will be damned. So cool!