Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The plan: I would take a competing game out of business by promoting Microsoft Flight Simulator to international audiences.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The plan: I would take a competing game out of business by promoting Microsoft Flight Simulator to international audiences.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

the In Training Mario Galaxy scheme.

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sir, Majestic is over.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

loving howling at the fact that there's a confirmation screen. the In Training Mario Galaxy scheme.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dongicus posted:

me and my brother ran this really stupid scam in runescape where we would offer 28 "free" sharks (expensive high healing food) if you showed your entire inventory in the trade screen. you'd keep trading people until someone decides to show off something that's more expensive than the sharks, then you'd just hit accept on the trade getting all their poo poo. i honestly don't know how it worked because you get a second confirmation screen after a trade to double check everything but people just got blinded by the idea of "free" poo poo.

anyway my brother made like 1mil doing this once and he gave me 500k and a day later i got lured into a pvp zone then i got pk'd and cried irl

Lumpy the Cook posted:

New theory: 9/11 was done specifically to shut down this game

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this thread made me really nostalgic so i went searching for old UO fansites like galad the looter but sadly most of those websites are long gone and none of the stories were saved but somehow imanewbie is still up https://www.imanewbie.com/main/mainframes.html

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the matrix online was a MMO based on the Matrix that ran for a few years and had a storyline that ran in real time with GM run events throughout its entire existence it was pretty cool even though after the population dwindled the story and events were singlehandedly being run by a single SOE employee in his free time. but the most memorable part was when the game shut down and every single character logged into the game got sucked into their own rear end in a top hat and died.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the matrix online was a MMO based on the Matrix that ran for a few years and had a storyline that ran in real time with GM run events throughout its entire existence it was pretty cool even though after the population dwindled the story and events were singlehandedly being run by a single SOE employee in his free time. but the most memorable part was when the game shut down and every single character logged into the game got sucked into their own rear end in a top hat and died.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sir, Majestic is over.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmfao holy poo poo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The only thing I know about that game is that Morpheus gets murked in a cutscene during the middle of a leveling questline and it is his actual canon death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWPey1fU9Ok

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The only thing I know about that game is that Morpheus gets murked in a cutscene during the middle of a leveling questline and it is his actual canon death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWPey1fU9Ok

I saw someone speculating that not wanting to completely retcon the MMO might be the reason that the real Morpheus isn't in Matrix 4, which is almost certainly not the case but would be really funny if true

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I saw someone speculating that not wanting to completely retcon the MMO might be the reason that the real Morpheus isn't in Matrix 4, which is almost certainly not the case but would be really funny if true

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its canon

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't have an MMO scheme but I want to add my primary school crimes to the pile. During the height of Pokemon Cards when I was in 2nd class (so like 8 at most) I came up with a plan to steal other people's cards with my friend. During lunchtime on the playground he would charge into smaller kids and just flatten them making sure to knock their cards out of their hands. Then I would be a Good Samaritan and kindly help them pick their cards up while pocketing as many as I possibly could.

Eventually some girl noticed what we had done and told her mother. They waited outside every classroom at the end of day until eventually they found us both and told the teachers. Both got in a tonne of poo poo with our parents while claiming it was the other one who thought up the whole thing, though I suppose only I was lying. However it's more morally repugnant to just follow a scheme than it is to think it up imo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I don't have an MMO scheme but I want to add my primary school crimes to the pile. During the height of Pokemon Cards when I was in 2nd class (so like 8 at most) I came up with a plan to steal other people's cards with my friend. During lunchtime on the playground he would charge into smaller kids and just flatten them making sure to knock their cards out of their hands. Then I would be a Good Samaritan and kindly help them pick their cards up while pocketing as many as I possibly could.

Eventually some girl noticed what we had done and told her mother. They waited outside every classroom at the end of day until eventually they found us both and told the teachers. Both got in a tonne of poo poo with our parents while claiming it was the other one who thought up the whole thing, though I suppose only I was lying. However it's more morally repugnant to just follow a scheme than it is to think it up imo
I traded someone a Topps Nidoqueen lmao for a bunch of real Pokémon cards and my mom found out and made me give the kid a fancy baseball card case that she wouldn’t even let me have. Then later when I was playing with that same kid I tackled him and it broke the case and my mom made me give him another one and some of my best cards.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I traded someone a Topps Nidoqueen lmao for a bunch of real Pokémon cards and my mom found out and made me give the kid a fancy baseball card case that she wouldn’t even let me have. Then later when I was playing with that same kid I tackled him and it broke the case and my mom made me give him another one and some of my best cards.

Lmfao

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jeff Wiiver posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBnjELkgok

not sure if it fully fits the topic but this video was the most epic thing I had ever seen when I was a WoW addict in high school

this was me in vanilla wow

lord a raid geared dps warrior was overpowered in battlegrounds (especially with a pocket shaman dropping windfury)

best time i have had with a videogame too, so satisfying

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
in kingdom of loathing there was a guy who would buy coca-cola rewards points for meat. I used to scavenge every 12 pack box or bottle cap anyone in my family would drink to sell to this guy. Another person has set up an account which would take money people had sent it and invest on premium/high value items. It seemed like a scam on paper but everyone had meat investments and after a certain time you could request your money back and any interest you'd earned and it would always send it.
I would always lose my money in the gambling game so I was always selling coke rewards points and hoping for good interest rates.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle Frank posted:

in kingdom of loathing there was a guy who would buy coca-cola rewards points for meat. I used to scavenge every 12 pack box or bottle cap anyone in my family would drink to sell to this guy. Another person has set up an account which would take money people had sent it and invest on premium/high value items. It seemed like a scam on paper but everyone had meat investments and after a certain time you could request your money back and any interest you'd earned and it would always send it.
I would always lose my money in the gambling game so I was always selling coke rewards points and hoping for good interest rates.

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Uncle Frank posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Uncle Frank posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uncle Frank posted:

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You been an uncle all your drat life huh.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Uncle Frank posted:

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Uncle Frank posted:

The economy in that game was awesome. I got promoted to an officer of the goon guild when I was like 14 and immediately demoted everyone else and raided the clan stash for a bunch of good poo poo then I sold it and lost all the money in the gambling game. My defense in the thread was that I was going to reimburse it all if I had won

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

The economy in that game was awesome. I got promoted to an officer of the goon guild when I was like 14 and immediately demoted everyone else and raided the clan stash for a bunch of good poo poo then I sold it and lost all the money in the gambling game. My defense in the thread was that I was going to reimburse it all if I had won

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lmao

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

goferchan posted:

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh lol I found it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Oh lol I found it

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Oh my god lmfao