Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Texas SC upheld the dumbass law allowing butthurt betties to sue social media for :qq: banning them :qq:

Gonna have a whole lot more crossover between this and the IoSM thread from Texans :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

D34THROW posted:

Texas SC upheld the dumbass law allowing butthurt betties to sue social media for :qq: banning them :qq:

Gonna have a whole lot more crossover between this and the IoSM thread from Texans :shepicide:

It's still not illegal to ban someone from social media unless it's due to a protected class reason and even that is questionable, so they are going to put a lot of obviously failing cases in their court system. Good system lmao

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's still not illegal to ban someone from social media unless it's due to a protected class reason and even that is questionable, so they are going to put a lot of obviously failing cases in their court system. Good system lmao

Isn't that standard procedure though? They keep throwing tons of No Hope cases into the system hoping to either land a Chudge willing to rule in their favor or otherwise slip through enough cracks that they can create some sort of wiggle room in the future?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

D34THROW posted:

If it destroys social media, I'm actually not terribly opposed, even though it clogs up the "justice" system with bullshit.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I would love it if social media were destroyed. We kept in touch with friends and family before it existed, we can do it again

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I would love it if social media were destroyed. We kept in touch with friends and family before it existed, we can do it again

I'm old enough to remember when social media meant you had filled out your Yahoo! Profile.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if thats true then why does your profile page have Yahoo and other stuff not set?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Some people just aren't on social media man

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The weirdest are the people who have like eight Facebook profiles they've never posted on but with the same lovely profile photo

What happened? What the gently caress?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Brawnfire posted:

The weirdest are the people who have like eight Facebook profiles they've never posted on but with the same lovely profile photo

My mother in law does this. She thinks that every time she logs in she has to make a new account.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

PhazonLink posted:

if thats true then why does your profile page have Yahoo and other stuff not set?

Those fields are only used for confirming you're a goon on :filez: sites come on now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

mds2 posted:

My mother in law does this. She thinks that every time she logs in she has to make a new account.

I recently discovered I have four friends requests from the same highschool acquaintence, two with profile pics, one misspelled. I knew she wasn't the brightest bulb but seeing someone fail to interface with a login screen is just off-putting, like they're less capable than a bot script

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Brawnfire posted:

I've known people who will make a completely new profile just to ghost one person.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My ex regularly nuked her entire Facebook to distance herself from one other person -- baffling behavior

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

There are also scams based on profile duping.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I pissed off 4chan once and they duped my profile to post horrible poo poo. :allears:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Medullah posted:

Those fields are only used for confirming you're a goon on :filez: sites come on now.

We have goon based :filez: sites?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StealthArcher posted:

We have goon based :filez: sites?

Had more like. SA used to have file forums and when they closed them a few splinter sites opened that were private and required proof that you were a Goon, so you put a code in your Yahoo ID and it confirmed.

Lots of us never changed it which is why you see "random" numbers in some old Goons profiles.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

They also used to be used for identifying yourself to get into a goon gaming clan but discord bots have basically entirely replaced that.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Lots of us never changed it which is why you see "random" numbers in some old Goons profiles.

Putting numbers into our profiles was used for a lot of things back then.
Have some in mine, and can't for the life of me remember what it was for.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CuddleCryptid posted:

They also used to be used for identifying yourself to get into a goon gaming clan but discord bots have basically entirely replaced that.

There was also Awful yearbook, a likely poorly thought out off site for posting picture of yourself and chatting creeping on goons while getting creeped on by others in some sort of suicide pact of doxxing I guess. That was a hoot for a minute, awkward internet flirting with other bored and demented 20 somethings.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

happyhippy posted:

Mine are from the hour and a half I spent playing Eve Online a decade ago.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

happyhippy posted:

I think I remember doing that for some browser based nation simulator or another.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Professor Beetus posted:

There was also Awful yearbook, a likely poorly thought out off site for posting picture of yourself and chatting creeping on goons while getting creeped on by others in some sort of suicide pact of doxxing I guess. That was a hoot for a minute, awkward internet flirting with other bored and demented 20 somethings.

Like so many other times on SA, I had a specific question that was instantly answered by the time I got to the end of the page. Thank you.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Back to back.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

They also made sure we wouldn't be able to deal with their struggles when we grew into them!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Is the conservative women gelded so you just see the balls?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Why did they photoshop her to have a *gigantic* package

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dick bad balls good.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Guavanaut posted:

Dick bad balls good.

Zardoz sequel looking interesting.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

plz stop making me horny in the glenn thread

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Is the conservative women gelded so you just see the balls?

She's shot her dick off by accident, duh.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I guess those are for tasing?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Conservatism is stored in the balls

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Balls, to me, is definitely carrying around a gun as a security blanket because you're a coward.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I have zero clue whatsoever to post what happened to me today.

I live in NE FL and it was a nice day so I took my kid to the beach after we'd left a birthday party.

Some big gently caress off truck with some big gently caress off flags had set up camp there. One big US Flag and another big gently caress BIDEN flag. I knew what I was doing and getting myself into when I did it but did it anyway.

I very politely asked these gentlemen if they thought that displaying a giant gently caress flag was really appropriate and pointed out that there were a lot of young kids there. Now me, personally, I don't really give a poo poo by and large but I still found it to be impolite and in poor taste. I told them that I can't loving stand Joe Biden myself and understood their frustration, etc. etc. but maybe we can dial it down maybe just a tad in a family setting. I pointed several 6 and 7 year old kids.

Holy poo poo.

I took the bait and they were waiting to reel me in but I'm lying if I say I didn't do it on purpose. One guy pushed up in my face and got chest to chest with me almost immediately. I can't fight for poo poo but wasn't scared and kept pointing to my son. "He's 11 years old. Is this the example we want to set for children?"

"Oh, so you're threatening me now?"

The dude started lecturing me about the music I let my son listen to and the movies I let him watch. I told him that I monitor those things pretty strictly, that's my business and also pointed out that I wasn't blasting any music. But they were just looking for a fight that I wasn't going to give them unless they pushed for it. My son knows the word "gently caress" and hears me say it all the time. These assholes deliberately flew those flags to invoke a response. And they got one.

On my way out, I asked the beach monitor/toll booth person if we were allowed to fly "gently caress _________" flags on the beach. She advised me to call the sheriff, lol, and I passed. Gonna go out on a limb here and guess how that might have gone or, further, if I was flying a BLM flag or one that said "gently caress COPS". See how that goes.

Wish I had captured it on video but I was legit worried about getting sucker punched and needed my hands available. These people were looking for and ready for a fight right away.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I mean, "Let's go Brandon" is rather pathetically coy so being transparent in their contempt is a step up.

How would that chud even know what media you let your kid watch? I think you did pretty well, it's crucial to stay calm and not let them escalate things since it just makes it easier to justify any kind of violence they were looking to cause all along. But I also know that can be really hard because I know if it were me my adrenaline would be racing and it would be hard not to let my voice waver or get strained.

But the calmer you are the stupider you make them look, and it can help keep you calm when they are acting so over the top it starts to look funny and you are trying not to laugh at their reaction.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
The politics of spite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

BiggerBoat posted:

I have zero clue whatsoever to post what happened to me today.

I live in NE FL and it was a nice day so I took my kid to the beach after we'd left a birthday party.

Some big gently caress off truck with some big gently caress off flags had set up camp there. One big US Flag and another big gently caress BIDEN flag. I knew what I was doing and getting myself into when I did it but did it anyway.

I very politely asked these gentlemen if they thought that displaying a giant gently caress flag was really appropriate and pointed out that there were a lot of young kids there. Now me, personally, I don't really give a poo poo by and large but I still found it to be impolite and in poor taste. I told them that I can't loving stand Joe Biden myself and understood their frustration, etc. etc. but maybe we can dial it down maybe just a tad in a family setting. I pointed several 6 and 7 year old kids.

Holy poo poo.

I took the bait and they were waiting to reel me in but I'm lying if I say I didn't do it on purpose. One guy pushed up in my face and got chest to chest with me almost immediately. I can't fight for poo poo but wasn't scared and kept pointing to my son. "He's 11 years old. Is this the example we want to set for children?"

"Oh, so you're threatening me now?"

The dude started lecturing me about the music I let my son listen to and the movies I let him watch. I told him that I monitor those things pretty strictly, that's my business and also pointed out that I wasn't blasting any music. But they were just looking for a fight that I wasn't going to give them unless they pushed for it. My son knows the word "gently caress" and hears me say it all the time. These assholes deliberately flew those flags to invoke a response. And they got one.

On my way out, I asked the beach monitor/toll booth person if we were allowed to fly "gently caress _________" flags on the beach. She advised me to call the sheriff, lol, and I passed. Gonna go out on a limb here and guess how that might have gone or, further, if I was flying a BLM flag or one that said "gently caress COPS". See how that goes.

Wish I had captured it on video but I was legit worried about getting sucker punched and needed my hands available. These people were looking for and ready for a fight right away.

Not trying to lecture, but unless you're down for the potential consequences please don't do that stuff goonbro. We (and I assume your son) need you among the living!

Like somebody flying a gently caress biden flag has gotta be desperate for attention and probably exactly the kind of bully who'd only pick up fight they can win, and then play victim to authorities.

Now, subtract son and add kickass bod and/or fighting skills... well probably still not worth it, but I wouldn't try to talk you out of it.