Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

Putting a bunch of popular 30 year olds on your skill lots is a great way to put asses in seats, not so much for building for the future. If they O-Line can't keep Winston upright, and Winston himself can't make good decisions, this is going to be a shitshow long term

Oh no, that would be such a shame if the o line can't keep jameis upright. Would really suck to see him constantly getting hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

Oh no, that would be such a shame if the o line can't keep jameis upright. Would really suck to see him constantly getting hit.

it'd be turrible. Just turrible.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol at the thought of taking a lineman 6th overall and sticking him at guard. Wtf.

Also, Winston always had plenty of weapons in Tampa and it never mattered.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

wandler20 posted:

Lol at the thought of taking a lineman 6th overall and sticking him at guard. Wtf.

Also, Winston always had plenty of weapons in Tampa and it never mattered.

He threw for over 5k yards.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MJBuddy posted:

Some to his own team!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

There was talk of leaving Christensen at LT and letting ickey just maul people at LG (he played LG in college as well and excelled) but all the beat writers took one look at him and said “lol”

I can see the merit of it, and I mean your best 5 is your best 5 no matter what, but I've never been a fan of the LG rookie to LT 2nd year. Even a rookie LT with teething problems is going to be an upgrade in Carolina.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well that escalated quickly.

https://twitter.com/drewbrees/status/1525989165824847873?s=20&t=iAuSz_OF7aIiJj9Y8Xk63g

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It ain't going to be football. The dude is loving done.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Praise Jesus running for Senate isn't on that list

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Praise Jesus running for Senate isn't on that list

Yet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hes going to be a rotating sandwich artist

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1526250456883789824?s=20&t=IjcbDg-5tnPOu7SmXTMzzQ

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

lol he turned the ball over 40 times

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol he turned the ball over 40 times

The sole member of the 30-30 club.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

He was rear end.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Decent breakdown of the South.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1526941128653541377?s=20&t=jYGWeRxQxlttP3V1x-rdtg

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Drew Brees got roped into some local NFT scam

https://twitter.com/drewbrees/status/1527282561226928128

Great timing!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's gonna be a marketing stunt for some NFT

drat, look at this sexy beast who called it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

drat, look at this sexy beast who called it.

Glad someone is finally getting serious about fixing the very serious problems facing New Orleans. The city is struggling under a severe shortage of gifs of cartoon apes.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Glad someone is finally getting serious about fixing the very serious problems facing New Orleans. The city is struggling under a severe shortage of gifs of cartoon apes.

Bored Ape 28-3 Club

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They've taken over Eifel Society (a club on St. Charles Avenue that's in the original top of the Eifel Tower that for some reason got shipped down here) and as far as I can tell the only thing you get for buying an NFT from them is entrance into the club.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

They've taken over Eifel Society (a club on St. Charles Avenue that's in the original top of the Eifel Tower that for some reason got shipped down here) and as far as I can tell the only thing you get for buying an NFT from them is entrance into the club.

Some how I think not getting into a club where the only way to get in is be into NFTs is it's own reward.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PostNouveau posted:

that place sucks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grip it and rip it posted:

that place sucks

:hmmyes:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Drew is a dumb mother fucker.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AdvocateSports/status/1528906852473380864

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cam Jordan is in that category with Ryan Jensen where you love him if he's on your team but hate him if he's playing your team.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

wandler20 posted:

Cam Jordan is in that category with Ryan Jensen where you love him if he's on your team but hate him if he's playing your team.

Checks out.

I'm not sure people even grasped how good he was in his prime. Just perfect play through the entire game, throwing pro bowlers down, reading leak passing routes mid pass rush and stopping cold and covering them. He's not bad now, but he's a step below that and he still plays an insane number of snaps, but something's gotta give.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Hopefully they'll hang his shirt from the rafters on Poydras and give him a bust in Ohio.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Hopefully they'll hang his shirt from the rafters on Poydras and give him a bust in Ohio.

I think he's Hall of Very Good. Definitely a Saints Hall guy. But he's not JJ Watt or Donald so I don't think he gets that attention even if he plays forever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cam Jordan’s poo poo talking game is incredible.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh for sure.

i was pleasantly surprised to hear him doing commentary for USFL games on NBC. He's not bad

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

When he mailed brooms and wine to Cam Newton after the season ending games was when I realized he was just going to lean into it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Nah, I love Cam. I kinda hate that I love him, but I do and that quote is hysterical lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What's the story on his foot?

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1529877124596871169?s=20&t=iyIPrPi4JfbIqlvGPgQqIw

Will he be the same player when he gets back? That's a lot of time off for it to not be healed yet.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

What's the story on his foot?

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1529877124596871169?s=20&t=iyIPrPi4JfbIqlvGPgQqIw

Will he be the same player when he gets back? That's a lot of time off for it to not be healed yet.

He suffered an ankle injury early in the 2020 season but didn’t have surgery until June of 2021. Then in Nov 2021 he had some sort of setback related to that surgery and had another procedure. So he’s receiving from that procedure now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He suffered an ankle injury early in the 2020 season but didn’t have surgery until June of 2021. Then in Nov 2021 he had some sort of setback related to that surgery and had another procedure. So he’s receiving from that procedure now.

Gotcha, I didn't know he had a setback. I know foot injuries are tricky for athletes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Gotcha, I didn't know he had a setback. I know foot injuries are tricky for athletes.

It’s all kind of weird. He waited almost a year to get the surgery after his initial injury. His explanation was that he wanted to be available for the Saints in the playoffs so he was going to try and rehab it during the season without surgery. But then he waited almost six months after they were eliminated anyway. And the “setback” was apparently related to the original surgery and not something that occurred during his rehab? So it wasn’t like he re-injured it, they just discovered that the first surgery hadn’t fixed the issue I guess? Who knows?

But basically he’s only six months into recovery from that procedure so the timeline makes more sense.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sports injury knowers, is it a rule of thumb that given enough time for rehab it’s preferable to try and heal an injury without surgery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sports injury knowers, is it a rule of thumb that given enough time for rehab it’s preferable to try and heal an injury without surgery?

Depends on the injury and with football specifically the position they play.