Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i live in nyc i get out maybe 2-3 times a year in central park and then the snows gone before it gets filthy which is a city blessing but a real drag for resorts upstate i can imagine

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Have you considered moving to Finland? It's pitch black half of the year outside. Weather is not very good. But usually it's not hot either so the weather is at least possible to survive most of the year. Of course summers recently have been hot too here. I bought some IR film to windows and an AC unit.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

Have you considered moving to Finland? It's pitch black half of the year outside. Weather is not very good. But usually it's not hot either so the weather is at least possible to survive most of the year. Of course summers recently have been hot too here. I bought some IR film to windows and an AC unit.

Arctic mosquitoes can drain an entire liter of blood per reindeer per day

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lmao. Texas nearly got *another* black out today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattlargey/status/1525241085081096192

And tomorrow is supposed to get even warmer for the next several days.

On one hand it'll really loving suck for me to have to go through this heat with no AC. On the other hand it'll be hilarious if the power goes off in the middle of Trump's rally in Austin

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Given the stories of heat in other parts of the continent I probably shouldn't be bitching about about the cold coastal British Columbia is undergoing but whatever. My location just smashed previous May records by 4oC similar to other Vancouver Island / Lower Mainland areas. We're working on the coldest May on record.

Last average frost date is late March, if not February depending on how close you are to the water. We had frost this morning. Farmers in the Fraser Valley (the most highly productive agricultural area in B.C.) figure everything is about a month behind. I wouldn't argue with that assessment. Cabbages and peas are happy, everything else is shivering and waiting for the sun.

We've had a wet winter (nothing as extreme as the floods in November) so the snowpack is excellent. If we get a heat dome and everything starts melting in 10 days like it did last year we are turbofucked. So far that looks unlikely but who knows in this regime. :shrug:

At least the forest fire hazard remains low.

NeonPunk posted:

:lmao: What were those quotes about history and insanity?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Hexigrammus posted:

:lmao: What were those quotes about history and insanity?

We're moving out of Texas next year if nothing too wild happens and this is a huge part of what I tell people. Yeah if we stay in Texas it probably won't be too long before we die of heat stroke or freeze to death. Stupid state.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

but I thought Texas was going to turn blue

oh what’s that, people who like Texas as it is are moving there, and people who don’t are leaving??? huh

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Some people just want to play cowboys

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

oh what’s that, people who like Texas as it is are moving there, and people who don’t are leaving??? huh

It did but now that winter's over it's turning red

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

im stuck in texas because all of our family on both sides live here. otherwise i'd flee. im in danger lol

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

not everyone has the resources to leave

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Luneshot posted:

not everyone has the resources to leave

Right but the ones without resources will also be systematically excluded from voting so the state will be perpetually red (just like the rest of the country will be soon enough!)

Sorry you're stuck here Crimes. Have you considered not having family? There are a lot of downsides but being able to go wherever and not give a gently caress is definitely a plus.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattlargey/status/1525241085081096192

And tomorrow is supposed to get even warmer for the next several days.

On one hand it'll really loving suck for me to have to go through this heat with no AC. On the other hand it'll be hilarious if the power goes off in the middle of Trump's rally in Austin

Ercot is the worst Disney park anyway

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/accuweather/status/1525664790277931009

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/ShardaaGrayTV/status/1525639965140566017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
In chicago lmao. In MAY. Holy poo poo we're so hosed

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Get in losers, we got our first DC enhanced threat of the season

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1525848079085318146?t=Jw05jszYazb15EaNl6wxsQ&s=19

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Models are showing various scenarios of a tropical system in the gulf.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:catstare: three residents at one place? I assume nobody is liable or did anything prosecutable here somehow.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

empty whippet box posted:

:catstare: three residents at one place? I assume nobody is liable or did anything prosecutable here somehow.

Hey man, the law says that an apartment must be at least 68 degrees, 103 degrees indoors is perfectly compliant.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

SirPablo posted:

pls come to texas

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

empty whippet box posted:

as a matter of fact they would only have been liable if they had taken action to save lives

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Twerk from Home posted:

Hey man, the law says that an apartment must be at least 68 degrees, 103 degrees indoors is perfectly compliant.

they never say how much or what part of the apartment has to be livable. if you crammed yourself into your refrigerator it's a perfectly survivable temperature

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

SirPablo posted:

1000-500 md Thick (drat)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol lmao

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My super accurate 15 day forecast, error bars not needed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SirPablo posted:

My super accurate 15 day forecast, error bars not needed.

i don't use the 15 for that but for general trends it's pretty good. if you think la nina ends in the next two weeks please let me know

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

also, av/post uncombo smh

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

i say swears online posted:

i don't use the 15 for that but for general trends it's pretty good. if you think la nina ends in the next two weeks please let me know

Sure doesn't look like it.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/ocean/anim/wkxzteq_anm.gif

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

'nother Scorcher! :v:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
steady 105F in texas in may???

:yikes:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I get that every media outlet provides a 10 or 15 or 20 day forecast but really anything past 7 days is complete bullshit.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

i mean even with the thermostat set to 78 I figure the AC is just blowing constantly when its 105 outside

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

saw hail for the first time in years yesterday. Also this was overhead, probably nothing

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

i say swears online posted:

also, av/post uncombo smh

sir pablo has maybe the funniest av in all of SA imo

it still hasn't gotten old for me

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zerg Mans posted:

saw hail for the first time in years yesterday. Also this was overhead, probably nothing

build a tornado shelter zergman

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Zerg Mans posted:

That's a sky lift, it takes you directly to heaven.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

FistEnergy posted:

steady 105F in texas in may???

:yikes:

Tomorrow is going to be hotter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

waiting for this rear end-kicking storm to come in