Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

big cummers ONLY posted:

Oda's "snap out of it man" definitely had that energy. Oda is also the kind of person who could cure his own chronic depression by yelling at himself to snap out of it, though

Snot carpet has a pretty depressive vibe, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

big cummers ONLY posted:

Oda's "snap out of it man" definitely had that energy. Oda is also the kind of person who could cure his own chronic depression by yelling at himself to snap out of it, though

That and having Nancy over probably helps.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Millionaire Monday posted:

The original language is not sexual. Nancy announces 「キテルヨ」(kiteru yo). Kiteru is the progressive tense of the verb kuru, "to come", so "I am coming" is the appropriate translation. Oda replies in English, 「オウ、イエース。」(ou, ieesu.) "ohh, yeess!"

The "pop out" comes from ヒョコ (hyoko), a sound effect word meaning "peeking" or "poking out". It's most often used when some one is peeking from around a corner or suddenly shows up out of no where.

So I hammed it up a little bit translating it in to English. My intention wasn't to make innuendo, but in this instance it was kind of unavoidable. :shrug:

Fwiw, in Japanese, you don't come, you go: https://jisho.org/search/%E3%81%84%E3%81%8F

Edit: Maybe "I'm arriving" as a translation might have had less ambiguous connotation. I think "I've arrived!" is more accurate though, much like how 「死んでる」 or 「知ってる」 are also not necessarily processes.
Also, progressive is an aspect, not a tense.

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 11, 2022

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Oda grows weed in his backyard but has to lie about it to Neet who is a complete narc

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Do more crimes.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Hot Stunt posted:

Do more crimes.

I'm considering it. But first... I must decide what to have for dinner.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

End of Page 104

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
"I'm going to murder her just as Oda suggested."

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Raising a Pro Gamer

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I feel bad for Japanese gamers. Western parents famously love video games and would never get mad because of them.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
forget it neet, japanese peopel lack the gaming gene

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Grevling posted:

I feel bad for Japanese gamers. Western parents famously love video games and would never get mad because of them.

Extremely funny that this is how Japan sees the US since the only stories I've ever heard about Japanese gamers are things like people living full time in internet cafes and the government asking Enix to stop releasing Dragon Quest games on weekdays because all the workers taking those days off were measurably harming the economy

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah but I bet they didn't have parental approval to do so!

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Yea, those are the people who already dropped off the bottom of the scale as far as mainstream society is concerned.

The sadder ones don’t go viral. Like the possibly mythical lady cosplayer who couldn’t say a single word to anyone she met outside the cosplay context. Because being admired for her costume was literally the only interaction she could handle.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Getting married and having kids? The gently caress you talkin about Tony?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah where did that come from

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

tohru has always been a horny

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 13, 2022

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

lol

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

In this timeline, sure.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

Yeah where did that come from

I think he just spontaneously developed empathy, but for his vague impression of a societal norm instead of a real person

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Incoming teary-eyed apology to a very confused Ms Sato

e: oh well

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 13, 2022

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
of course

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:hmmyes: winners quit

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Is he slamming the door of the convenience store? Like an opaque door with a knob?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
probably the door leading out from the manager's office I'm guessing

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Silently feeling jealous about a coworker? Very rude, you should quit your job.

Quitting your job after 2 weeks for apparently no reason? Understandable, nobody will be negatively affected by this.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Aino Minako posted:

Is he slamming the door of the convenience store? Like an opaque door with a knob?

Its his front door

He just fucks off outta there mid-scowl, through the wssh automatic doors, home to his slam door.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Irony.or.Death posted:

I think he just spontaneously developed empathy, but for his vague impression of a societal norm instead of a real person

NEET: modern Pinocchio

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Now he's going to go back and tell Oda what he did and Oda's going to call him even more of a stupid loser

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I hope he gets a ramen shop job he can be happy in. The dude really loves food and could probably learn to be a really good cook

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Vinny Possum posted:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I hope he gets a ramen shop job he can be happy in. The dude really loves food and could probably learn to be a really good cook

That would actually be a nice happy ending to one of the plotlines. Just become a chill old man ramen cook. Find zen in the noodles. :unsmith:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

neet after a timeskip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Localized version: