Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vinny Possum posted:

what podcast is this, for a friend.

I think Glass Cannon, they just had a really good finale to Giant Slayer but they're a lot more crunchy and there was indeed a very hilariously typical of D&D players like five minute debate (not really an argument) about which spell to use a dispell on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Vinny Possum posted:

what podcast is this, for a friend.

The Glass Cannon Podcast, they have a 7 year long Giantslayer campaign that's actually reaching the finale on Tuesday. It's a very east-coast bro kind of vibe though. Very rule-centric, but when they hash out the rules and determine what can and can't be done, you get to see them absolutely hoodwink the DM and vice versa.

sexpig by night posted:

I think Glass Cannon, they just had a really good finale to Giant Slayer but they're a lot more crunchy and there was indeed a very hilariously typical of D&D players like five minute debate (not really an argument) about which spell to use a dispell on.

They've also argued in the past about what you can and cannot use dispel magic on, not just whether they should use it on a magic item's effect or on a spell buffing the caster. I remember it because the fact that they argued about dispel magic again was so funny to me that I had to stop listening for a short bit of time

bawk fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 14, 2022

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Did they slay the giant tho???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

goblin week posted:

Did they slay the giant tho???

They did

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Beth playing a socially aggressive idiot is a fun gear change for her.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
MATT ARNOLD WITH THE SWERVE

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Froghammer posted:

MATT ARNOLD WITH THE SWERVE

What an episode. The surprise characters theme music was awesome.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I've continued my season 1 relisten and the introduction of Vince might be my favorite "yes and" of all time.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

New Sonsability episode is out and I think this is the wildest episode they've made of anything in the three+ years this podcast has been going.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

New Sonsability episode is out and I think this is the wildest episode they've made of anything in the three+ years this podcast has been going.

100 percent agree. Absolute insanity

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The latest episode of Sons and Sonsibility is like a train that jumps a track and then flies straight into the sun and then it hits the sun and the sun explodes and it just keeps going.

Listen to it immediately if you haven't already.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

This is the most buckwild episode of anything. I don't think I stopped laughing once

E: Goddamn loving Alice Card-Rogen's dirty secret

E2: That ending... They are so good at these short shots

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 29, 2022

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Zutaten posted:

E: Goddamn loving Alice Card-Rogen's dirty secret

She's F*rty

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alice Card = Alucard

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i can't believe we still get another episode after this

we started with a masquerade ball with someone wearing a horse costume being ridden by an inflatable doll of themselves and somehow that was the boringest, most grounded part of the episode

I'm also really enjoying the guest, she's very good at this game

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Every guest has been a home run so far. They really don't waste anyone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LINK LIVES!

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

And he really shined in this episode.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Yeah I was lukewarm on Lincoln until this episode. I'd say that Matt regularly has my favorite in-character comedy scenes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The whole actually i'm 6'3", are you sure i'm not dead? thing was such a matt move

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yeah I was lukewarm on Lincoln until this episode. I'd say that Matt regularly has my favorite in-character comedy scenes.

Matt is the master of making a character that seems a bit annoying/less fun than the others but winding up with some of the best moments. Like, I know that sounds kinda backhanded and lovely to say but I do genuinely think it's a point to his abilities as a performer to take a character like Link who has so many traits that are outwardly antagonistic to the story progress and make him fun and entertaining and not just 'jesus Link's doing the thing again'.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Yeah, a lot of APs have had "no" characters, which was a problem that TAZ and CR ran into at different times. Matt seems to get that low energy needs to be balanced with traits that help push things along.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yeah, a lot of APs have had "no" characters, which was a problem that TAZ and CR ran into at different times. Matt seems to get that low energy needs to be balanced with traits that help push things along.

yea it probably helps that the whole cast is so good at balancing 'no I'm gonna actually gently caress around for a bit' and 'alright we should see what's going on with the plot' so they know when to just grab his characters and go 'shut up, plot time' if they get a little too road-blocky.

Honestly this whole season has massively grown on me, the start was a bit awkward as everyone was getting a handle on things but the dynamic is fantastic now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I really liked the scene in the second-most recent episode i think where the teens immediately crack under pressure and start spilling their guts to the FBI. such a good "of course they'd do that, they're kids" scene (although scary could have plausibly held her ground)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Matt seems like a nightmare to play a game with

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I've kind of come around to Matt being my favorite of the players. Daryl was like the number one force behind a lot of momentum and wild turns in the first campaign, and Matt is great about keeping people in character.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Matt seems like a nightmare to play a game with

Not if you enjoy chaos

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/theDaddyMagic/status/1535234428649324547?s=20&t=s8jlE8RUrYZJCdV8uiGoLA

I haven't been following the saga too closely, I hope he has no idea what the show is

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

https://twitter.com/theDaddyMagic/status/1535234428649324547?s=20&t=s8jlE8RUrYZJCdV8uiGoLA

I haven't been following the saga too closely, I hope he has no idea what the show is

lmao at those blurred feet

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

timp posted:

lmao at those blurred feet

https://twitter.com/dungeonsanddads/status/1535168432211120130?s=20&t=DdB0erUvd-u81GGB2NO8jQ

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Will still retaining that Henry/Normal energy in the photo.

EDIT: I wasn't the only one to notice:

https://twitter.com/mindysoung/status/1535215322206130176

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 11, 2022

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If I didn't know which actors voiced which characters I would still be able to identify Will because he's audibly saying "Hiiiii, Henry Oak here!" in a still picture with no attached sound file

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DoombatINC posted:

If I didn't know which actors voiced which characters I would still be able to identify Will because he's audibly saying "Hiiiii, Henry Oak here!" in a still picture with no attached sound file

He doesn’t look quite screamy enough there imo :v:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think my favorite Henry/Will bit is the football game from season one, where his jersey just says "Thanks!" on the back

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think my favorite Henry/Will bit is the football game from season one, where his jersey just says "Thanks!" on the back

Mine is

"What kind of underwear do the dads wear?"

"Boxers"
"Briefs"
"Boxer-briefs, best of both worlds."
Henry: "...You're talkin' to the wrong guy."

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Alright, season 2 confirmed good now

Some real chaotic stupid energy this episode

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jeremor posted:

Alright, season 2 confirmed good now

Some real chaotic stupid energy this episode

I'm stunned that Matt wasn't the impostor, he was acting so weirdly. Though in retrospect, I can see how it was Beth, she did the same thing I do when I'm the impostor, which is shut up and let everyone else fight amongst themselves and hopefully forget about you (this rarely works, but when you have the right group and get lucky, it works very well)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I knew the imposter was Beth right at the beginning when she asked to speak to the whale. The real Scary would NEVER want to take advice from that dumb whale or any other mammal!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Looking forward to the teen talk this week, I gotta know why matt was so insistent on everyone drinking the zit juice. Definitely got the point where I was sure there must have been some secret information that that was the impostor’s goal, and he got too flustered to be subtle about it or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i am so baffled by matt's play this session like my whole reaction to this episode was ??????????????????????