Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

qirex posted:

banks don’t have especially talented developers they’ve just been doing this poo poo for so long every obvious fuckup happened already

also they do not recognize the sanctity of "code is law" and actually involve human oversight and rollbacks when something fucks up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Default is good. That's the optimal settings.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

qirex posted:

so many Internet personalities are going to pretend they didn’t spend 3 years trying to con people into this poo poo

and general celebrities

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
remember when they got the hodor guy from game of thrones to do a bitcoin commercial where he just said hodl hodl?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Boxturret posted:

remember when they got the hodor guy from game of thrones to do a bitcoin commercial where he just said hodl hodl?

yeah i hate Matt Damon

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
there are so many prior reasons we should have shunned Jimmy Fallon so I doubt this will be it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

also they do not recognize the sanctity of "code is law" and actually involve human oversight and rollbacks when something fucks up

I’ve mentioned it before in this thread but actual big financial accounting is anathema to the idea of an immutable ledger because there’s this thing called “reconciliation” that is literally fixing the inevitable quirks and post-deal changes that happen with any system that deals in money, time and people

there was never a risk of blockchain replacing anything important and only people who didn’t know how the world really works [or were conveniently ignoring it in pursuit of a big payday] ever thought it was a good idea

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shumagorath posted:

there are so many prior reasons we should have shunned Jimmy Fallon so I doubt this will be it

i drew the line when he had Engadget Guy on for an entire loving show and then told people to not blame jay leno for being a conniving bastard

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://agora.terra.money/t/terra-ecosystem-revival-plan/8701

Do Kwon posted:

The Terra community must reconstitute the chain to preserve the community and the developer ecosystem.

Validators should reset the network ownership to 1B tokens, distributed among:

• 400M (40%) to Luna holders before the depegging event (last $1 tick before the depeg on Binance should be reasonable), bLuna, LunaX and Luna held in contracts should also be recipients, minus the Terraform Labs account at terra1dp0taj85ruc299rkdvzp4z5pfg6z6swaed74e6. The new chain should be community owned. Preserving decent ownership of the network in its strongest believers and builders is important.
  • 400M (40%) to UST holders pro-rata at the time of the new network upgrade. UST holders need to be made whole as much as possible
  • 100M (10%) to Luna holders at the final moment of the chain halt – last minute marginal luna buyers should be compensated for their role in attempting to provide stability for the network
  • 100M (10%) to the Community Pool to fund future development.
  • All Luna besides the third tranche should be staked at the network genesis state.
  • The network should incentivize its security with a reasonable inflation rate, say 7%, as fees will no longer be enough to pay for security without the swap fees.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

don't worry guys, if it crashes again we can just restore the save state

again

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

trying to imagine a scenario where it doesn’t just start dropping again immediately and not succeeding

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

qirex posted:

trying to imagine a scenario where it doesn’t just start dropping again immediately and not succeeding

seriously i'm not understanding how "restore it to right before the death spiral" doesn't inevitably lead to the death spiral because they have not changed anything that actually caused it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i guess with tortured bitcoiner logic it makes a certain kind of sense if you genuinely believe there was some sort of "attack", but since that's horseshit and the algorithm was basically designed to fail in this precise way, it's not gonna work

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHkDbBn1OO8

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

luna crash happened right when mercury retrograde started.....

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

yeah let me just start this by saying i didn't expect to film anything today, despite setting up a lighting rig, doing camera-ready makeup and wearing a revealing outfit. as you can see by this incredibly generic room i'm in poland,

jfc i had to stop watching that after like 30 seconds

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Aww yer missin out. After she gets done with the tik tok wealth flash trappings and platform cross promotions some buckwild cryptoastrology words come out explaining the Luna crash

AS FORTOLD BY THE STARS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah let me just start this by saying i didn't expect to film anything today, despite setting up a lighting rig, doing camera-ready makeup and wearing a revealing outfit. as you can see by this incredibly generic room i'm in poland,

jfc i had to stop watching that after like 30 seconds

yeah you may not be cut out for meme tiktok

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah you may not be cut out for meme tiktok

i feel old :smith:

i got as far as her name-dropping davos like it was something good and bailed

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Beeftweeter posted:

i feel old :smith:

i got as far as her name-dropping davos like it was something good and bailed

:same:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just let tiktok top hitters bounce off you. they work in a different world and we cannot understand or appreciate them

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

I have the same friend that was giving me the "Wave of the future" speech on bitcoin just drop 5k on BTC saying it the time to BUY and it will never get this low again!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It was fun listening to the "just because there was a scam in the marketplace doesn't mean the marketplace was a scam" spiel alongside the Holocaust tour Instagram cross promotion. But, everybody TikTok or bbs can look it that graph and go "hoo boy that number went down!"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

i know there's a potentially innocent person in that costume, but i really want the stupid thing to fall over and hit every single step on the way down. ideally it would also hit a tesla parked at the bottom of the stairs and catch fire and explode

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

KirbyKhan posted:

It was fun listening to the "just because there was a scam in the marketplace doesn't mean the marketplace was a scam" spiel alongside the Holocaust tour Instagram cross promotion. But, everybody TikTok or bbs can look it that graph and go "hoo boy that number went down!"

just because most of the crypto ecosystem is built on scams doesn't mean they all are! by the way i've been taking these vitamins and zinc, and now i can lift an entire house, with my brain. wouldn't you like to be psychic too? when mercury is in retrograde my powers are at its maximum, because the molecules in my homeopathic slurp juice are in alignment. don't forget to like and subscribe!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

just because most of the crypto ecosystem is built on scams doesn't mean they all are! by the way i've been taking these vitamins and zinc, and now i can lift an entire house, with my brain. wouldn't you like to be psychic too? when mercury is in retrograde my powers are at its maximum, because the molecules in my homeopathic slurp juice are in alignment. don't forget to like and subscribe!
buttcoin: i can lose an entire house with my brain

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i hate Matt Damon

I hope he got some real money from making those ads.

30 pieces of silver, at least.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i still can't believe that you can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape to create more apes, wild

truly living in the future

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

qirex posted:

it’s like restarting the prisoner’s dilemma, with the same players. price stays stable as long as nobody hits betray too much. but when you’ve already been betrayed you’ll just smash the button as fast as possible when it starts over again.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i know there's a potentially innocent person in that costume, but i really want the stupid thing to fall over and hit every single step on the way down. ideally it would also hit a tesla parked at the bottom of the stairs and catch fire and explode

hodl and catch fire

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bitcoin Bowl!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
What was the name after that one? I feel like it was very funny and really nailed how tiny that "bowl" was.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
bitcoin sauce cup

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

ZeusCannon posted:

What was the name after that one? I feel like it was very funny and really nailed how tiny that "bowl" was.

I can't remember the order, but it was also the Beef O' Brady's Bowl and the Bad Boy Lawnmowers Bowl

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Boxturret posted:

i still can't believe that you can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape to create more apes, wild

truly living in the future

obligatory

https://twitter.com/JuiceSimpsons/status/1523551892432953345?s=20&t=w2NU269J7xwCgXsdJ6bPFw

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

kw0134 posted:

Twitter gets liquidated damages to the tune of $1 billion, so that's absolutely worth the hassle. The real calculus is whether they try to force the deal to close regardless at $54, or if they think any renegotiated deal would be less valuable than taking the billion and running, minus legal costs. A lot would depend on what price target Musk would have in mind in such a scenario, a few dollars hair cut but still above 50 would be a no brainer "Yes, let's still do it," because Twitter isn't really worth $50. Below that and you might get into a bunch of shareholder suits, though there is one pending right now because a pension fund in Florida thinks the board is under-valuating it.

Worth more than $50? What planet are they living on? Ah, Florida

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

fins posted:

Roger Ver, He popped up in my part of the caribbean, got scammed by another crook who promised him citizenship here and has been through a lengthy court battle to get his money back. latest i'm seeing from the high court is that he's trying to squeeze US$400,000+ from a defunct company with $30,000 in assets.

https://www.thenewtodaygrenada.com/local-news/roger-ver-vs-robert-oveson/

lol

delightful

been awhile since i seen that face which was a mug shot before it was inevitably actually a mug shot

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

imagine 4 prices at the edge of a cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

fins posted:

Roger Ver, He popped up in my part of the caribbean, got scammed by another crook who promised him citizenship here and has been through a lengthy court battle to get his money back. latest i'm seeing from the high court is that he's trying to squeeze US$400,000+ from a defunct company with $30,000 in assets.

https://www.thenewtodaygrenada.com/local-news/roger-ver-vs-robert-oveson/

jeeeeezus. there really is no bottom to the laff barrel, is there

like, i thought it was hilarious that ver got scammed trying to buy back his us citizenship, but it turns out he actually got scammed trying to buy citizenship to loving grenada, the akron ohio of countries