Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ok maybe not as famous enough of a meme as thought

both sad and glad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i had no idea what it was from, so i learned something

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
i had watched the clip before but had no memory of the line

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I've seen it before so I recognized the reference in the earlier post.

But my favorite anime dub line will always be the black guy who sounds whiter than me.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I remember a discussion on this forum where they used :fuckoff: liberally but didn't really mean to tell people to gently caress off. It was a very surreal read.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got the feeling some people may not have seen the clip and I'd feel bad if someone's takeaway was posters being suddenly super aggro

We should all bask in the fun of bishonen man being told not to crap his pants. Together.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

read the first chapter of the shokei shoujo manga and was disappointed to find that menou has big booba in the manga. heartbroken honestly

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they are, the same size. the manga just draws them with more definition

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Colonel posted:

i dont watch english dubs
same but it’s very unintentionally funny and stupid, which is the only reason to listen to a dub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVpwJbLLivU

i’m in the club posting anime videos on these dead gay forums

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 14, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TenementFunster posted:

same but it’s very unintentionally funny and stupid, which is the only reason to listen to a dub

https://youtu.be/bVpwJbLLivU

i’m in the club posting anime videos on these dead gay forums

loving gently caress they're not loving around, these fucks

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
This is making me want to watch garzey's wing again and I'm not sure how to feel about that

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I learned yesterday that the duel masters dub a. put in the word senpai and b. made up a completely different meaning for it

https://twitter.com/t0w0ya/status/1524968310470631426

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Shinjobi posted:

loving gently caress they're not loving around, these fucks
he’s a loving lobster

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cyber City Odeo is one of two tolerable dubs in existence

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

RareAcumen posted:

Oh it wasn't a weirdly aggressive post for no good reason after all
don't crap your pants out there

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

my boy kongming loving rules

all cap

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strange Quark posted:

I learned yesterday that the duel masters dub a. put in the word senpai and b. made up a completely different meaning for it

https://twitter.com/t0w0ya/status/1524968310470631426

while i think i more or less know the context behind all the loving honorifics the translators should just start doing the xianxia thing where they're always translated out fully because it's easier to pick up on the subtext. or maybe the one I'm reading is just burrowing it's way into my brain

anyway lol that they kept it in as uh.. a weird insult, I guess? i don't even know what they're trying to say.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
in this show they've redefined senpai to mean "junior duelist" in episode one and never explain it again

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sakurazuka posted:

Cyber City Odeo is one of two tolerable dubs in existence

But School Rumble and Baccano! exist?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did everyone move on from loving Cromartie High School years ago and I just didn't notice?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RareAcumen posted:

Did everyone move on from loving Cromartie High School years ago and I just didn't notice?

Cromartie owns but I have an absurd love for the School Rumble and Baccano dubs

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

RareAcumen posted:

cromartie has always owned and will always own

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dubs are good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

It's still good it's just that a lot of good comedies aren't stuff that people bring up all the time, and that's fine.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I rewatched Cromartie this year. It was funnier subtitled.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the Duel Masters dub was less making up a new meaning for senpai and more making a dumb joke because the Duel Masters dub was straight up a gag dub.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1524778185358991364?s=20&t=4mYcM_HrvyNNurePG5h-Cw

FromSoft's parent company is Kadokawa and they said in their earnings report that they were planning game adaptations of their properties with FromSoft being listed as a potential resource

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sequel to the Spriggan game they made to tie in with the new anime lol

They also made the ACE games for Bandai.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Leraika posted:

This is making me want to watch garzey's wing again and I'm not sure how to feel about that

watch wings of rean instead. nobody talks about wings of rean but it's both better than garzey and much more insane. the villain is a world war ii fighter pilot who has depression about the fact that he didn't get to die in world war ii because he got transported to another world so he became a wandering samurai renowned for his incredible honor but now he's been consumed by his inner darkness and become an evil feudal fantasy lord who wants to go back and destroy both america and japan. one of the climactic sequences around the middle of the show is him and the hero fighting over a pair of shoes

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 14, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels like a threat

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wings of rean is a tomino mecha anime where a guy tells a 17-year-old japanese anti-american terrorist that if he detonates a nuclear bomb in tokyo a million people will die and he responds "so there'll be about nine million people left? that's fine."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

They also made the ACE games for Bandai.

well as long as it's more like 2/3 and not

r

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1524778185358991364?s=20&t=4mYcM_HrvyNNurePG5h-Cw

FromSoft's parent company is Kadokawa and they said in their earnings report that they were planning game adaptations of their properties with FromSoft being listed as a potential resource

Oh, joy. They're going to bring back ninja blade era from soft.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

NikkolasKing posted:

I've seen it before so I recognized the reference in the earlier post.

But my favorite anime dub line will always be the black guy who sounds whiter than me.

Wait I thought that the black dude who sounds white was the original audio track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEPeJzjk558

I think that's Beau Billingslea doing the English dub? Jet and Spike having a disagreement.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 14, 2022

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

The Colonel posted:

watch wings of rean instead. nobody talks about wings of rean but it's both better than garzey and much more insane. the villain is a world war ii fighter pilot who has depression about the fact that he didn't get to die in world war ii because he got transported to another world so he became a wandering samurai renowned for his incredible honor but now he's been consumed by his inner darkness and become an evil feudal fantasy lord who wants to go back and destroy both america and japan. one of the climactic sequences around the middle of the show is him and the hero fighting over a pair of shoes

drat this sounds like content. Is the dub terrible too? Because I was really itching for bad voice acting and a script that's largely proper noun soup

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dubs are for video games, subs are for anime imo

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Dubs are for video games, subs are for anime imo

If you play the Yakuza games with the dubs then you need to give up on life because you've failed at the simplest thing to do right.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah but Mark Hamill voiced Majima.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
nobody plays teh version of yakuza with mark hamill majima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah but Mark Hamill voiced Majima.

Literally his only role where even he would suggest you not listen to his VA lines.