Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Alls I know is that the cases of "Vape Lung" in summer of 2019 look suspicious as gently caress now

while it is certainly a possibility the official story, that people were buying cheap vape distallate filler off the internet that had vitamin e acetate is also very believable, every case led back to black market thc vape cartridges, there was one at one point that didn't but the kid later admitted it that he actually was smoking bootleg carts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Alls I know is that the cases of "Vape Lung" in summer of 2019 look suspicious as gently caress now

https://twitter.com/Rossana38510044/status/1503683489325096960?t=J55UpvEJnuqVc3l7g0OmVw&s=19

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

its a thought provoking paper but she doesnt really explain why it was seen so much more commonly in younger cohorts, when severe covid requiring hospitalization is way more common in the elderly. plus there's the other big thing: covid is so transmissible there's almost no way it would be lurking for half a year+ without popping off bigly

there's some other stuff that popped out at me in the 5min i spent skimming it. she's right that evali needs some more researching but idk if assumingits covid is sensible

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK has issued a correction as of 13:51 on May 12, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I loving knew it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Think a lot about this yeah it was definitely vitamin e acetate or whatever :jerkbag:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Cases exhibited pulmonary infiltrates on imaging (bilateral ground-glass opacities) which could not be attributed to other causes

As described for Covid-19, there is a similar form of “long EVALI” giving mild cognitive impairment, anxiety and depression, fatigue, dyspnoea, decreased exercise capacity, cough, anorexia, and abdominal pain.

:aaaaa:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Chamale posted:

That may have been sample contamination, though. The problem with the theory that it was around for a long time before the first wave is that the r0 is so high that covid will chainsaw through an unprotected population. The death rate in China, the US, and Europe was normal throughout 2019.

That's kinda the point- in the beginning, the virus was not lethal or distinctive enough to be noticed and it had the chance to go through several evolutions and recombinations to become more contagious and deadly- you even allude to this next:

Chamale posted:

The current extremely contagious variants are the result of letting it have free reign to mutate throughout the population, of course.

:hmmyes:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This is actually proof that hunter was involved. He seeded the virus by tampering with all the vaping equipment by using it to smoke crack in the factory.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
long epstein

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rossana38510044/status/1503683673505337345

[Epstein] A special thanks goes to @user3425664 for the great help.

multistability posted:

This was Baric btw:

https://twitter.com/BiophysicsFL/status/1522194081237061635?t=WU16faBks75ZPtqDNWbz1Q&s=19

Here he is throwing the WIV under the bus even though (or perhaps BECAUSE) his fingerprints are all over the scene of the crime:

peep the third editor on this paper

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

peep the third editor on this paper

there's a Jonathan Epstein that works for the EcoHealth Alliance

dunno who G. L. Epstein would be though

Geoffrey?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Where does Epstein-Barr virus fit into all this?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

multistability posted:

Bill Barr's dad recruited Epstine (sic) originally, you know the drill

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Shear Modulus posted:

we already knew that fauci created it using funds supplied by bill gates and then epstein obtained a sample from the clintons which led to it being released as his dead man's switch

stfu bitch

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Life_Church_%28Colorado_Springs%2C_Colorado%29?wprov=sfla1

New Life Church posted:

Influence
New Life Church, along with Focus on the Family, established Colorado Springs as a conservative evangelical center in the 1990s. In 2005, Jeff Sharlet claimed that while New Life is "by no means the largest megachurch ... [it] holds more sway over the political direction of evangelicalism" than any other church in America.

History
New Life Church was founded in 1984 by Ted Haggard. The church started under his leadership as an independent church meeting in his home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard?wprov=sfla1

Sidebar about New Life Church, but the one in CO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Colorado_YWAM_and_New_Life_shootings?wprov=sfla1

quote:

the second shooting, Murray left several violent and threatening messages on several religious websites, espousing his hatred for fundamental Christianity and his intentions on killing as many Christians as possible. One message quoted Eric Harris, one of the perpetrators of the Columbine High School massacre; it read: "I'm coming for EVERYONE soon and I WILL be armed to the ...teeth and I WILL shoot to kill. ...God, I can't wait till I can kill you people. Feel no remorse, no sense of shame, I don't care if I live or die in the shoot-out. All I want to do is kill and injure as many of you ... as I can especially Christians who are to blame for most of the problems in the world." In his online postings, Murray alleges psychological abuse at the hands of his parents and church leaders as the main reason for his hatred of Christianity.

Murray was obsessed with several school shootings and mass shootings, including the Columbine High School massacre, the Platte Canyon High School hostage crisis, the Virginia Tech shooting, the Trolley Square shooting, and the Westroads Mall shooting.... He had also researched Children of God (COG) cult member Ricky Rodriguez. Before the shooting at New Life, Murray called a family member and confessed to his obsession with mass shootings.

Murray was involved in several religious organizations in the Denver area, including: His Love Fellowship Church, Prince of Peace Church of the Brethren, Trinity Christian, Ordo Templi Orientis, and the New Life Church. He was also baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in late 2006, according to the church's records.

:captainpop:

Ordo Templi Orientis posted:

Originally it was intended to be modeled after and associated with European Freemasonry, such as Masonic Templar organizations, but under the leadership of Aleister Crowley, O.T.O. was reorganized around Crowley's Thelema as its central religious principle. One of the major features and core teachings of the organization is its practice of sex magic.

Similar to many secret societies, O.T.O. membership is based on an initiatory system with a series of degree ceremonies that use ritual drama.

The O.T.O. includes the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica (EGC) or Gnostic Catholic Church. Its central rite, which is public, is Liber XV, The Gnostic Mass.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 18:30 on May 12, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Kevin Spacey was late for Christmas 2021 but we finally got something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CNFgHtPNoA

https://twitter.com/Summer_rains97/status/1524848512801947653

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/eleevn/status/1524770415368802305

https://ia800708.us.archive.org/14/items/CIAandProjectMonarchFullHistoryRonPatton/CiaAndProjectMonarch-FullHistory-RonPatton.txt

https://twitter.com/eleevn/status/1524772788824723458

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

it was bootleg THC carts containing vitamin E oil as a cutting agent, it was added to make the oil look thicker. the problem with vaping vitamin E oil is it causes lipid pneumonia when inhaled.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Cached Money posted:

it was bootleg THC

ah so they deserve it

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

ah so they deserve it

absolutely not, I wish the authorities could've found out who made them and thrown the book at them tbh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cached Money posted:

it was bootleg THC carts containing vitamin E oil as a cutting agent, it was added to make the oil look thicker. the problem with vaping vitamin E oil is it causes lipid pneumonia when inhaled.

Yes, I'm aware of the official explanation

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Cached Money posted:

absolutely not, I wish the authorities could've found out who made them and thrown the book at them tbh

they did, it was an online distributor named "Honey Cut", all cases were traced back to thc carts made with filler from them that was designed to thicken the thc distallate in the carts, they were well known in the LA cannabis community, the company was ran by a failed actor so that is kind of sus but it doesn't seem that crazy or improbable

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

they did, it was an online distributor named "Honey Cut", all cases were traced back to thc carts made with filler from them that was designed to thicken the thc distallate in the carts, they were well known in the LA cannabis community, the company was ran by a failed actor so that is kind of sus but it doesn't seem that crazy or improbable

literally everyone in LA is a failed actor lol

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Vape lung may have been a few covids but it was mainly bad carts

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

covid actually came from the vape carts

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the V in covid stands for Vape

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

multistability posted:

Probably nothing.

I think Epstein/Barr weirdly lost thier funding after they "discovered" it.
All this Ties into the endocrine system issues and thyroid and it being shaped like a butterfly.

This reminded me of that one video of some government meeting/presentation about using emf to induce viral propagation.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8580522/

It's probably nothing...

I'll see if I can find that video.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Ace of Baes posted:

So you're saying Honey Cut was the misdirection psyop thrown together by actors to sell vape carts that someone tainted (edit: with vitamin E acetate) for them?

edit: Only to be investigated, just in time for it all to be the easiest media explaination for the same symptoms of a bioweapon leak that someone needed to keep under wraps for longer, at least until it could get smuggled close enough to the WIV at the military Olympics?

maxwellhill has issued a correction as of 01:21 on May 15, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

maxwellhill posted:

So you're saying Honey Cut was the misdirection psyop thrown together by actors to sell vape carts that someone tainted for them?

edit: Only to be investigated, just in time for it all to be the easiest media explaination for the same symptoms of a bioweapon leak that someone needed to keep under wraps for longer, at least until it could get smuggled close enough to the WIV at the military Olympics?

You're having more fun doing the strawman thing but I don't think the premise is "coronavirus in the vape juice", it's "coronavirus-type ailments were misattributed to tainted vape carts"- i.e., the carts were likely not tainted at all and it was the virus loving up their lungs

(In any case, anyone opening with "so you're saying X" is just classic bad faith misunderstanding to create a lovely derail)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wait what the gently caress

is this an actual peer reviewed article arguing that 5G causes severe covid

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Peer review isn't a magic phrase

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Shear Modulus posted:

wait what the gently caress

is this an actual peer reviewed article arguing that 5G causes severe covid

Yeah I don't think so buddy.

The lack of citations means no one can replicate it.

JFC this is the results posted:

Although not peer reviewed, one of us (Rubik) investigated the effect of 4G LTE mobile phone radiation on the peripheral blood of ten human subjects, each of whom had been exposed to cell phone radiation for two consecutive 45-min intervals [51]. Two types of effects were observed: increased stickiness and clumping of red blood cells with rouleaux formation, and subsequent formation of echinocytes (spiky red blood cells). Red blood cell clumping and aggregation are known to be actively involved in blood clotting [52].

Gonna say a sample of 10 subjects and watching blood clot as it's exposed to air is not the best indicator of quality.

The reviews are pretty succinct on where they fck up

quote:

In conclusion, while the effects of RF and changes observed in Covid patients seem to overlap at some specific conditions of exposure, and given that the RF effects depend on number of physical and biological variables, more stringent retrieval of RF studies is needed to discuss possible connection of 5G exposure and Covid pandemia. Otherwise, this connection should be significantly down played and the text should be revised accordingly.

Specific comment

The author referred to the ICNIRP 2009 guidelines, which are outdated as far as ICNIRP has recently updated them. It should also be stated that in contrary to the ICNIRP thermally based guidelines, other international bodies such as EMF Working Group of the European Academy of Environmental Medicine has suggested much lower guidelines taking into account no-thermal RF effects reported in multiple studies (Belyaev, Dean et al. 2016).

Reviewer #12 (editor-in-chief) posted:

SO THESE SUGGESTIONS ARE MANDATORY TO ADDRESS

1) Please contextualize the narrative to centers/regions of outbreak where 5G is not prevalent, such as rural India, beyond the premise that correlation is not causation. Cite regions that had a 5G rollout but were not hit by the pandemic, and please provide explanations for such exemptions.

2) What is the average power density (mW/cm2) of 5G RFR in Wuhan, and how does this compare to the cities that have harbored 5G but with low manifestation of COVID-19?

3) Your paper is hypothetical, so please remain in this hypothetical framework throughout the manuscript. Phrases such as “This is the first scientific paper documenting a link between RFR emitted by wireless communication devices and COVID-19” are unwarranted. Although your paper provides argumentation in favor of this hypothesis, it does not establish a link (cause-effect) between 5G and the incidence of COVID-19. Please nuance this statement and other similar statements in the text.

4) Please unify all units of power density throughout the manuscript to conform to the standard unit used in the US (mW/cm2). The text is inconsistent with the nomenclature, where sometimes the unit is abbreviated while in other instances the unit is written out. It is advisable to consistently abbreviate to mW/cm2. That makes it easier for the readers to contextualize research results with the upheld norm for RFR exposure.

5) Please include a paragraph where you attempt to introduce gaps/flaws in your hypotheses. One of the main ingredients of such a paragraph would be to point out to readers that in many studies the power densities used to study biological effects exceeded the maximum level of 1 mW/cm2. Note all other aspects of the setup and execution of cited experimental studies that deviate from the manner in which 5G RFR is reduced to practice in Wuhan and elsewhere. Such a paragraph helps put the narrative into complete perspective.

quote:

Now the authors referred to Pall (2021). This is a deeply flawed paper as described in Panagopoulos (2021). I suggest they exclude it completely otherwise they must also refer to the criticism on this paper. Referring to a paper which is officially criticized by a peer-reviewed letter to the editor, without referring to the criticism is inappropriate.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 16:01 on May 14, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Wasabi the J posted:

The lack of citations means no one can replicate it.

Thank goodness modern science isn't in the midst of a replication crisis... :tinfoil:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Y'all need to actually read if you wanna play scientist.

Otherwise you're all loving hippies talking about water memory and orgone levels with a lot of extra quotes.

The paper is flawed from the get go. They cite studies with lots of other flaws or only available in other languages (primarily Russian lol). They call convenient correlation evidence readily (bad sign) and do nothing to validate the studies cited. They change units throughout when comparing data that suggested correlation, refused to use standard terminology for RF (this is my job), and conflated different concepts with similar but unfounded assumptions.

I can go to my college and pick up a hundred books and cite them all but that doesn't mean they were non-fiction and it doesn't mean it picked poo poo that wasn't proven false later.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 16:10 on May 14, 2022

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Wasabi the J posted:

I can go to my college and pick up a hundred books and cite them all but that doesn't mean they were non-fiction and it doesn't mean it picked poo poo that wasn't proven false later.

:master:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Shear Modulus posted:

This is actually proof that hunter was involved. He seeded the virus by tampering with all the vaping equipment by using it to smoke crack in the factory.

the factory? you mean azovstal?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
If 5G caused covid wouldn't the test area I was living in that had it in 2017 onwards have shown some signs? Instead of being gym bro and cardio clown Central.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Like some of these tests are the Thomas Edison level of 'science' elephantrocution display to scare people off AC power and being an "RF Dude" it's the one thing I have a bit of real knowledge about. I highly suspect the 5G controversy is literally a corporate/industrial disinformation campaign first.

And speaking of my job, I have avoided the worst outbreaks of COVID-19 at my office by continuing to wear masks indoors and being fully boosted. Everyone has a little bitch cough every 5 minutes now and I don't want to tempt fate but take what you will that the loving daily toker rides and rows for miles every week and doesn't have the same cough every anti-vax dipshit has in my sample of ~20 now.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Wasabi the J posted:

Like some of these tests are the Thomas Edison level of 'science' elephantrocution display to scare people off AC power and being an "RF Dude" it's the one thing I have a bit of real knowledge about. I highly suspect the 5G controversy is literally a corporate/industrial disinformation campaign first.

the scary thing about 5G is the 247 uhd surveillance video that it can stream from ur toaster not the tiny amount of radio waves passing harmlessly through ur bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018
unrelated: what was up with Obama's relative being CIA? I can't find a link to that